• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[AddOn] crafty - profession name filter

bit

Authorized
Crafty adds a fuzzy name search to the default profession frames. The results automatically update as you type and the first result (best match) is selected automatically.

It further adds an availability filter button as well as a button to link reagents conveniently.

Craftable reagents inherit the match ranking of the crafts they're used for, recursively, and are listed directly after them. This is especially useful for engineering which has lots of sub-crafts. Example in the image below: Heavy Blasting Powder doesn't match the hedyn filter but inherits the ranking of heavy dynamite.

Link button functionality:
<Left Click> link the mats for the selected craft to party or /r if not in a party.
<Right Click> open a popup for entering a character name or channel (g,guild,p,party,ra,bg etc.) to link to.

Other:
<Shift Click> copy chat names into the link popup editbox

wzHbUri.png

As always, the code is on github: https://github.com/shirsig/crafty

Last edited:
Awesome, I truly needed this! Would you take a few suggestions to further improve it?

1) Description tooltips for filter buttons would come in handy.

2) What's the R button for? Refresh? (See point 1 :tongue:)

3) Would it be too tricky to add a queue feature, like with ATSW (Advanced Trade Skill Window)? Possibly in a side-frame that could be maximized/minimized at will (like EQL3)?

4) The frame is locked in place. An option window where you could unlock it, and be able to switch possible tooltips from point 1 on and off, would be great!

Thanks and, once again, excellent job!

Last edited:
R is taken from the original cg_crafty. Guess it stands for reset. Will probably rename it that or clear.

Frame unlocking Im not sure about as im trying to keep this one as close to the default ui as possible.

As for the queue, there are 2 issues. Firstly this cannot work for "crafts" e.g. enchanting because of a blizzard limitation. Secondly the exact behavior it should have is not clear to me. For example, what if you queue a sub-recipe. Should you then also be able to queue the one that needs that as a reagent already? Etc.

Edit: interface improved a little

Last edited:
Reworked the interface and craftable reagents are now listed together with corresponding matches of a search. (see the image in the main post for an example)

Greetings from Nefarian!

I'd really like to use your addon, but unfortunately it just instantly freezes the german client as soon as I open any crafting window. I tried localizing some parts of your code but that didn't do it, and since it seems to be stuck in some loop I'm not sure how to debug this, apart from just looking at your code, which hasn't brought me any enlightenment yet (I'm not good at this). I should note that I've never had this particular problem with cgCrafty (but other ones, which is why I want to switch). Also, thank you for sharing all your work, it is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Very strange. Have you tried downloading a new client? Maybe something else is wrong with it independent of the locale. Otherwise, could you give me a link for a German client for testing?

edit: I've looked at the code and fixed a small localization issue. The only thing that would've done though is prevent crafty from appearing for enchanting on non English locales. I have no idea why it would and how it even could freeze the game with the German locale.

Last edited:
"Links sind nur fuer Mitglieder sichtbar" - could you PM me a link? (not sure if posting it is against the rules)
edit: nevermind, registered quickly

Last edited:
Something really strange just happened, I disabled all my other addons for one of my characters, then enabled them again one by one to see if the freeze is caused by a conflicting addon and... crafty just works and never stopped working even though all my addons are enabled again. In hindsight I probably should have done that a lot sooner. Oh Well... I still want to find out what causes the freeze in the first place. Will report back.

It also froze for me with your cilent, BUT
I found out what the problem is and it has nothing to do with the German client xD.
Unlike cgcrafty crafty rebuilds its list every time there is a craft/tradeskill update. This is a good thing because otherwise for example the availability count doesn't properly update when your inventory items change, and maybe other issues too.

Now here's the actual problem: when your WDB cache is empty and the addon walks through the skill list the item data for skills/reagents is updated continuously, triggering tons of update events. And unfortunately since the game has to be killed after freezing it doesn't actually write the new cache, so it happens again every time you restart. You must've now filled your cache while having crafty deactivated so it doesn't happen anymore. After deleting my WDB it also happens on the english client though.

The solution will be to throttle that event handler but I'm still thinking about how best to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, should be fixed now, thanks for reporting.

working 100% perfectly, many thanks for another great addon Bit, I really love this auto complete feature while searching,

With the latest version I can't collapse/expand menus in the crafting window. Minor issue because you can just search but thought worth mentioning.

Thanks for the addon, i really like the search function. I don't know how hard it would be to change or, atleast in my opinion, improve the linking system.
Right now you can only link the materials to the last whisper you received or in case you are in a group only in the group. This can get messy with many whispers at once or if you want to link to somebody not in your group.
It would be great if you could choose where you want to link the mats, either by pressing "r" and tab through your whisper partners or by opening the chat and link it in group with /p or in your guild with /g.
It works like this in AdvancedTradeSkillWindow(from here) for example.
I have no experience with coding addon but maybe the link helps to change it if there is interest.

Greetings

From the main post: Right clicking the link button will open a popup for entering a character name or channel to link to.

For a channel all the keywords that work for the chat will work here too (g,guild,p,party etc.)
You can also shift click a name in the chat frame to copy it to the popup editbox.

Last edited:
Top Bottom