• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[AddOn] enemyFrames

HI~~repair error PLZ ,THX,I AM ROGUE,Some time i use upture ,Prompt a error

error:
AddOn: enemyFrames
File: spellCastingCore.lua
Line: 121
Count: Infinite

repair

Couldn't reproduce it. Can you give me some details; is this error only from rupture? does it happen sometimes or always? were you on a group? did the mob or player had any other debuffs in particular?

https://github.com/zetone/enemyFrames/

- Added some more spells/debuffs. Haven't figured how to accurately track rogue poisons other than wound(probably no way to)
- Paladin melee hits will refresh their judgement debuff

I'll look into ab/av timers when I get to 60 on my paladin.

what exactly are you thinking?

This is the default battlefield minimap, it cant be resized and alot of times I wish it was bigger to see my teammates location more clearly, also the edges are useless they just take space so maybe remove them?
http://media-curse.cursecdn.com/attachments/160/251/a5078e7103975181283debedaf570927.jpg

Here is a picture suggestion I found:
http://www.ticopa.com/wowbg/topics/images/addons-capbtimer.jpg

Also the target castbar is sometimes twitching alot for me, the cast is not smooth, any ideas what could be causing this?

Nice ideas, I do like the pic with the players names on the ab nodes. Will look into it.

I did put an update throttle on the castbar refresh rates so it runs at most 60 times per second. Will do some testing in any case

Constant Errors:

HT02O0I.jpg

Sorry, I kinda of stopped playing but I'll check it out either way. My guess is there's an addon conflict. Do you have any unit frame addons?

yeah, really sloppy on my part. modui's castbar variable has the same name as enemyFrames. I'll change the name.
However I do recommend you disable modui's target casting bar as I helped him with that feature and I have improved on it considerably for enemyFrames

You can disable it on the file modui.toc(modui's root folder) line 114:
Code:
#unitframe\castbar.lua

Ill upload the fix later on

Fixed and uploaded. Didn't tested it exhaustively but you shouldnt get those errors anymore

https://github.com/zetone/enemyFrames

Last edited by a moderator:
Kudos, what a very original idea for an addon; very nice work.

Here are some suggestions:
- Make the playerframe and targetframe handlers optional (set all functions to nil if a checkbox is ticked). The reason being that if I deleted my default UI and use different frames (and therefore different names), it's gonna cause errors. For example, a global called TargetName doesn't exist in my UI, but TargetName:Hide() is called in targetframe.lua. Alternatively, you could make the names of these frames and their buff icons a variable that one can change by typing it in a text field.

- Add the options of sorting the frames by PlayerName and by Class instead of just LastSeen/Distance (for WSG and AB). I find the frames too jumpy and difficult to follow most of the time when all enemies are displayed.

- Bind the buff icons of the NamePlateHandler to the frame, not "frame of a unit with a particular name" because outside BG's NPC's can share names and this can happen:
minions_shared_roots.jpg

- Add a slider for blip size.

Last edited:
I suggest a slight modification to pvpmap.lua, somewhere around line 15:
Code:
 if (name and not bigRaid) then icon:SetTexture(blipTexture..string.sub(name,1,1)) end
where bigraid = GetNumRaidMembers() > 15
You just need to add 26 more textures, one for each letter (there are more elegant ways to do this but this one changes the code the least, I think)

newblips.jpg

I find it more useful to follow names when there's only 2-3 groups. Groups are more useful in AV or other 40man raids where different groups have different assignments etc. I couldn't figure out how to make blips smaller, though.

This is the default battlefield minimap, it cant be resized and alot of times I wish it was bigger to see my teammates location more clearly, also the edges are useless they just take space so maybe remove them?
http://media-curse.cursecdn.com/attachments/160/251/a5078e7103975181283debedaf570927.jpg

Here is a picture suggestion I found:
http://www.ticopa.com/wowbg/topics/images/addons-capbtimer.jpg
Solved: https://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/115968-AddOn-Clean-BG-Map
Thanks for the idea.

Reactions: dms
hello, thanks for the suggestions but I've stopped playing and developing this a while ago. Feel free to make your own changes. Either way Ill try to address some points.

- Make the playerframe and targetframe handlers optional (set all functions to nil if a checkbox is ticked). The reason being that if I deleted my default UI and use different frames (and therefore different names), it's gonna cause errors. For example, a global called TargetName doesn't exist in my UI, but TargetName:Hide() is called in targetframe.lua. Alternatively, you could make the names of these frames and their buff icons a variable that one can change by typing it in a text field.

What do you mean you deleted your default UI? since you can't delete frames, did you renamed and reused them?

-
- Add the options of sorting the frames by PlayerName and by Class instead of just LastSeen/Distance (for WSG and AB). I find the frames too jumpy and difficult to follow most of the time when all enemies are displayed.

that was how it initially was(displayed by class/name). Check function orderUnitsforOutput() in the file enemyFramesCore.lua if you want to play around with it

- Bind the buff icons of the NamePlateHandler to the frame, not "frame of a unit with a particular name" because outside BG's NPC's can share names and this can happen

As far as I know it can't be done otherwise I'd have.

The blips suggestions are a good idea even more so in premades and such where you know everyone.
You can chance their sizes on the file UIElements/pvpmap.lua

Code:
3: local minimapTableBlips     = {{'BattlefieldMinimapParty', 16, MAX_PARTY_MEMBERS}, {'BattlefieldMinimapRaid', 16, MAX_RAID_MEMBERS}}
4: local worldMapTableBlips    = {{'WorldMapRaid', 19, MAX_RAID_MEMBERS}, {'WorldMapParty', 19, MAX_PARTY_MEMBERS}}

numbers '16' and '19' here are the blip sizes for the minimap and worldmap respectively

I think TargetName is a string-object or whatever they are called. Whether it can be deleted or not, when my other addons are active this doesn't exist and causes an error. I was surprised too :)

I have since figured the blip sizes, the thing is I kept using SetWidth() and SetHeight() without realizing that your code calls them too, so it kept overwriting.

As for nameplates, you are probably right. Combat log does not distinguish units with same names. However, what one could do at least is, outside of BG's, completely wipe the debuff table whenever a frame of a unit with that name is hidden. Then it will at least clear debuffs when you walk out of range and see a new unit with the same name. Alternatively, one can do what I believe shaguPlates does and that is display debuffs only for current target (here you'd first check if unit is a player or not).

Thanks for the response, I will check orderUnitsforOutput().

Top Bottom