• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Addon pack

Cr0wL0ck

------------------------------------Recommended Addon Package v.1.1------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------​------------------------------------------
---------------Greeting's I constructed this addon package during the Alpha/Beta testing as well as---------------
---------------fixing/improving a lot of these addon's while avoiding chainging 1.12.1's retro design.-------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---Info:
These addon's are a gathering i made to customize and work on, most of these addon's have been improved/fixed/altered where it was needed, the package contain's a lot of the most recommended addon's, most of which you did not know you needed until you knew they existed. This is the first version of the Recommended and thus there might be more coming in the future where the addon's listed here will be changing/improved and new ones might replace some or they might just merge together.

---Types:
Login: activate's once upon login or /reload
Command: Activate's when a command is issued
Activate: Click the minimap attached icon to see GUI
Passive: runs in the background and activate's when needed
---Commands:
List of use-able commands, a command listed like "/Test" can be used by typing in /Test inside the game in the chat menu.
---Description:
A very short but accurate description of what it does and its purpose.

---Content:
BugSilencer:
Type: Passive
Commands: none
Description: Altered version of "ImprovedErrorFrame" which instead of displaying bug's in a window with a tone each time a bug occur's this version hide's addon based bug's except for the Ace library based ones which couldn't be caught in it before either.

MCP:
Type: passive
Commands:
Description: allows you to enable & disable addon's without relogging.

WarmUp:
Type: Login - Command
Commands: "/wu" "/warmup" "/mem" "/memory"
Description: upon login, reload or when issuing one of the commands it will show how much memory is consumed by the addons.

ntmysFixLoadingTimes:
Description: reduce's loading time between zone's by 40-60% through filtering out event's that the client doesn't need during the load.

MobInfo2:
Description: Display's Health/Mana of the target without adding progress bars or changing design.

EQL3:
Description: Improved version of the classic Quest log.

EnemyBuffTimers:
Description: Displays duration of buff/debuffs of target's on the icons without adding progress bars or changing design.

ErrorMonster:
Description: removes combat spam such as "out of mana", "out of rage", "out of energy".

AntiDaze:
Description: Cancel's Aspect of the Cheetah or Aspect of the Pack when you get dazed.

SimpleFeignDeath:
Description: Allows you to see the health of hunter's in party/raid even after they use Feign Death.

AuldLangSyne:
Description: Add's a lot of functionality that came to the Friend/Ignore list in later expansions to help you remember players and a few extra functions.

BGFlag:
Description: next to the flag status at the top while in wsg it will display the name of the enemy/ally player who is carrying the flag.

CustomNameplates:
Description: show's a health bare above enemies/allies within close range.

RangeRecolor:
Description: abilities will get shadowed while out of range similar to retail

GimoireKeeper:
Description: Changes the text color to green when you already know a Grimoire and helps you to effectively find what you need.

SpellBookTag:
Description: Abilities that are on the action bar will show u with green text in the spellbook.

Lern2Spell:
Description: When a higher ranked ability is learned it will automatically swap places on the action bar.

TypeDebuff:
Description: the thin Debuff icon border line will be recolored to show the debuffs type

Pingy:
Description: Show's who pinged.

GuildMap:
Description: You can see guild-members location on the world map and they can see you, i increased the update rate of this addon to be more smooth & accurately showing member's location.

SpecialTalent:
Description: Improves the talent tree and allows you to plan/save and even view the talents of your alt's

SuperInspect:
Description: Cleans up the inspect window and allow you to see talents on a player even tho the target moved out of range.

TNE_Fivesec:
Description: When using an ability that consumes mana is cast it starts a 5 second's movable progress bar showing when your spirit based mp5 begins again.

FlightMap:
Description: Calculates and display's how long a flight will take.

ColoredWhoClasses:
Description: Player names in /who will appear in colors matching their class.

ClassIcons:
Description: Player target's have a class icon attached to their frame.

ChatFilter:
Description: Prevents spamming, you will only see a message once if it is repeatedly in quick succession.

FilterFix:
Description: Trainer only show's available spells by default, this way you don't need to disable "show unavailable" to spam click "learn" however you can still enable "show unavailable" at trainer

BossBlock:
Description: Same as ChatFilter but removes spam repeated in quick succession created from the CT boss addons.

CasterStats:
Description: on caster classes it displays caster stats from gear under the "character information" window.

TheoryCraft:
Type: Passive - Command
Commands: "/TC"
Description: Calculates and displays the amount of damage your active abilities can do depending on gear, buffs & debuffs on target.

ZepShipMaster:
Type: Passive - Command
Commands: "/zsm" "/zm" "/zep" "/zeppelin" "/flight" "/ship" "/transport";
Description: This addon communicates with others who use this addon to find out where the zeppelin/ship is and how long it will take for it to arrive, once heard it can show the duration from wherever you might be when using any of the above mentioned commands.

CallToArms:
Type: Passive - Activate
Description: clicking the icon on the minimap opens a GUI showcasing all who are or have searched for a group recently taken from the chat, you can also search through this and even display your group's size and who they are to others using this addon without having to spam the world chat or search through the spam to see if someone is searching, this addon does it for you and includes a 1000 slot blacklist in case the default ignore capacity of 1.12.1 cannot hold all those you wish to ignore.

note: it uses the lookingforgroup channel.

TinyClock:
Description: adds a small analogue display above the sun/moon so you don't have to hover mouse over all the time to see the time.

GroupCalendar:
Description: clicking TinyClock opens a calendar with almost the same features as retail, it display's raid reset and you can create event's or notes however if you want it to synchronize with others you will have to set up the connection and i would recommend reading the manual.

CopyCat:
Description: doesn't change how the chat menu looks but allows you to copy a whole sentence by clicking the
[*] and allows you to simply click on a linked hyperlink to easily copy/paste it using ctrl+c/ctrl+v.

AntiTroll(beta):
Description: Filter's chat based on an algorithm that is only triggered when speaking extremely rude or common trollish types of message, this clears the most toxic from world chat and similar but leaves cassual joke insults. You can check what has been filtered by clicking on the "filter" text button which opens a chat box with all that it has gathered in case it filtered a sentence it shouldn't etc. this includes addon communication and normal spam.

[Click] -- opens/closes the spam window
[Ctrl-Alt-Drag] -- moves the window
Up/Down/Bottom Buttons -- Operates like your chat window
Diagonal Slashes -- Resizes the spam window

AdvancedTradeSkillWindow:
Description: an improved version of the profession trade skill window's that includes a search and some customization. also allow's you to link recipe cost's and more.

Onebag:
Description: One bag to rule them all, it allows for customization but mainly combines all bag's into one.

QuestItem:
Description: Display's in the tooltip of quest items what quests they belong to and if they are active in your log.

SellValue:
Description: Displays the price that you can sell items for at the vendor

SimpleCombatLog:
Description: Simplifies the combat log by adding color's and reducing the length of sentences.

SW_Stats:
Description: damage meter.

CorpseInfo:
Description: hovering the mouse over a corpse will display if the player is offline or offline, however it cannot display that for the opposing faction and will list those offline by default since it uses the /who functions to see who's there or not.

SpellTimer:
Description: Perhap's the best buff/debuff watching addon to date, it hook's directly into your abilities so debuff's will be refreshed except for triggered effects, it is higly customization and adjust timer's to level.

TargetTimer:
Description: A reworked version of "EnemyBuffTimersVanilla" which now monitor's both buff/debuff's and includes and additionaæ 1.600 unique buff/debuff's from raid/rare/npc/weapon/trinket/poison/enchant/class/quest/consumeable/pet and more, however it cannot yet refresh a timer if it isn't an overwriting effect that causes the former one to fade since the combat-log does not inform of fade/afflict/gain if the effect is already present, the addon can only monitor debuff/buffs of those cast/applied within Combat Log range which is somewhere around 25-40 yard's. the addon will automatically try to recalculate at points in order to get a more accurate time.
note: this addon will improve depending on how much they will allow the combat log to show and how it is show considering that it draw's all it's information from these logs, the timers are however balanced around lvl 60 so you might see some debuff's differ with 0.5-3 seconds at most since the names of debuffs in bwl especially are the same but duration is not always, but 99% of your fight's it will be accurate :).

NECB:
Description: Natur Enemy Cast bar, show's a cast bar from the target and is highly customizable.

CT_MailMod:
Description: allow's you to send multiple mail's at and as well as open in order to send multiple item's

ShieldLeft:
Description: for warlock's only display's how much the voidwalker's sacrifice has left, priest/mage where disabled since the addon cannot yet calculate according to spell power.

LazyPig:
Commands: "/lp"
Description: type /lp first time in order to setup the addon so it suit's you, this addon manage's many simple tasks such as auto dismount auto accept or auto roll and is also able to filter the chat from common spam or completely shut off channels while in azone type so it is adviced to configure it to your own liking when logging in.

MetaMap:
Commands:
Description: world map addon with multiple functions.

---Setup:
1: Download
2: Unzip
3: Move the files to your "\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns" Folder
4: Startup "World of Warcraft"
5: open addon's menu in the left corner
6: in the upper right corner of the menu change the number written after "Script Memory(MB)" to 999 this will increase the amount of Ram wow can use and allow you to use even more addons if you should want to.
7: login and place the minimap icon's so they aren't piling up on 1-2 spots.

---Note:
As one who fixes/makes addons i would strongly recommend using this package on Kronos, i test on many servers but Kronos is currently the only server where the whole crew cares about the quality, using these addons on servers like Feenix, Nos or even the upcoming CC for 2017 won't work as well as it does on Kronos considering their staff internally declared when i asked them as a tester that they wont be fixing what normal players wont notice especially since normal players cannot tell if the reason is their client or server. Kronos however said yes to fix "everything" which is also why they have such an open bug tracer and why many 1.12.1 addons that won't work elsewhere usually work here. I don't know what attracts you to a server but personally i desire the highest quality there is and knowing the staff here i know that it wont only be a high quality release compared to what we know but it will stay that way since they are dedicated to continue fixing even after the release where most other servers start to reduce or completely stop fixing.

So keep this in mind if should you consider using this package on other servers.

---Download:
Download
Size: 7 mb
Addons: 70

Last edited:
Re: Recommended

How soon btw? :(

Also:

KcVJZeT.gif

well it won't be that long, at the moment i am simply documenting and judging which addons to include or let wait until v.2.

note: Joana's Guide Atlas Suite won't make it into the recommended as DoctorBeefy/Gurky is still working on it but it will be included in v.2

update: i have now uploaded the package. enjoy :wink:

Last edited:

for the EnemyBuffTimersVanilla what is the actual name that recognize Xpearl buffs/debuffs ? in the local region = getglobal command line

Thank you for taking the time to put this together and make it available to the community. Keep up the great work!

What is the dependency for Casterstats? :(

The dependency is "bonusScanner". :smile:

Srsly? in 2015 upload to speedyshare? come on man, use mediafire or mega pls
there are kinder way's to suggest somethind, i just uploaded it to the first i could think of, sorry if you disagree but if you want me to change something then ask "kindly".

Thank you for taking the time to put this together and make it available to the community. Keep up the great work!

thank you for the encouraging words :biggrin:

Would be nice to see a screenshot of the entire thing as a brief overview of what the UI might look like.
EDIT: Thanks for all your effort putting together a recommended list :)

the UI is pretty much the standard since i like blizzards design and it feels more retro than playing with futuristic gui but ill upload a screenshot when i find the time :smile:

It is quite pleasant to see how many are using the pack, thx to the "guildmap" addon i can see how many are using it in a guild :smile:.

note: i plan to improve the AntiTroll addon based on global chat trolling since i see it isnt all caught but it still catches a lot ^^

Ok, so i have default combat floating text, i like it and i use it.
But some addon is doing the same thing, its very annoying, do you know which one is it?

Nvm, its Scrolling Combat Text addon lol

Last edited:

:smile: i hope you enjoy it since the more who use it the more usefull it becomes especially addons like the lookingforgroup "CallToArms" which makes it a lot easier to search for groups but also search for members showing what you have and what you need.

Is there anything that could show me timer of autoshot as hunter? Would help a lot

The name plates for friendly players don't list subtitle (e.g. "Rogue trainer" and so on), so I find them a bit useless for friendly players.

My personal preferences for replacements/additions:
*VanillaHelper instead of Questie
*LunaUnitFrames instead of default
*Prat chat addon
*Tinytip tooltip addon anchored to mouse, with offsets x=130, y=-100.
*oCB casting bar
*Remove mobinfo 2, just bloats tooltips

Edit:
*Wowhead DB (whdb), adds wowhead POI options and wowhead comments to quests.

Last edited:

*i am going to test vanillahelper and see which one does the best job
*i am not going to add luna as this is a recommended package to be used by all and not everyone likes the luna design.
*no need for prat when copycat can do the same without having to change the look of the chat.
*i will take a look at oCB.
*mobinfo2 can be altered to not bloat the tooltip as you describe it but i will do so once i have more free time on my hands.

NECB might seem buggy at the moment due to the fact that it is missing a file which will be present in the update tomorrow 1.1 followed by other addition's and improvements

Crowlock once I am finished if you have any version of atlas at all delete them... the atlas will also be the best version of atlas in existence for 1.12

uhm sure, but btw when are you done with Joana's Guide next version ? :wink:

Last edited:
Top Bottom