• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[Addon] Yu suk dike??? - Vanilla Population Counter -

Renew

Authorized
Yu suk dike???

zwischenablage0298sv8.png

What is Yu suk dike??? ?
It is a small and fast addon to calculate the server statistics and server population.

Do i get the server statistics from both factions?
You get only Data from your own faction

Does it work for all vanilla servers?
Yes it does! (slower for Kronos! - check my other Youtube Video)

How fast is it on Kronos?
It took me 2 minutes to get the data for 555 players, more players = longer!

Yu suk dike???
Ja sam Renew.

Edit: US/EN clients only

Download

[video=youtube;g3YpqthRc2s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3YpqthRc2s[/video]

EDIT:

Server admins changed the who function again - census and this addon will not work properly anymore!

Last edited:
Tried this but it gets to 144 players and then stops making progress.

Last edited:
do you use a en/us client? i made a test @ 8pm yday and it recorded nearly 2000 players (took me 14 minutes)
Yeah I'm on en/us

Edit: I added a print command after every SendWho and it's getting stuck on sending this over and over:
60 r-"Night"

Edit2: Fixed it. Replaced all instances of "NightElf" with "Night".

Edit3: It's still getting stuck in some situations. If it does a SendWho and the result is returned in the chat frame rather than updaing the main who window, it seems to not know what to do and keeps sending the same query.

Also, when it goes into doing a who request for every letter of the alphabet it majorly slows things down, could there be an option to skip that part of the scanning and just miss some results?

Edit4: Made a small modification to show what the current search is. Added this function at the top:
Code:
function AskWho(query)
    SendWho(query)
    WhoFrameEditBox:SetText(query)
end
And changed every instance of "Sendwho()" to "AskWho()"

Last edited:
Yeah I'm on en/us

Edit: I added a print command after every SendWho and it's getting stuck on sending this over and over:
60 r-"Night"

Edit2: Fixed it. Replaced all instances of "NightElf" with "Night".

Edit3: It's still getting stuck in some situations. If it does a SendWho and the result is returned in the chat frame rather than updaing the main who window, it seems to not know what to do and keeps sending the same query.

Its not stucked, it asks the server for an answer, over and over again - i send the who question every 0.8 seconds, since the responce from the server can be very variable :/

Also, when it goes into doing a who request for every letter of the alphabet it majorly slows things down, could there be an option to skip that part of the scanning and just miss some results?

well, thats the only way to get the exact numer of population - census does the same, but not with every letter in the alphabet - thats why census is not 100% exact but faster -

i will check alliance again and make an option to do a faster scan with less letters (censuslike)

edit: ok, i found the problem, will fix it asap

edit2: ok, fixed the bug the alliance

Last edited:
Top Bottom