• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Advertising on corecraft - some moderation please

Amrod

A guy named Travolta is aggressively advertising Kronos on corecraft. While I understand that we are all excited about K3 and are convinced of its benefits, this guy in particular is taking it too far. Please stop bashing other projects and spreading lies about them. This won't make Kronos any friends, in fact, we are going to lose sympathies because of such behaviour. Focus on Kronos' benefits instead of making up nonsense about the flaws of other projects.

If you are refering to Dispersion then I have to say its all true.
You can use 3y old duping methods and won't even get caught. Its a crying shame.

Last edited:
"freshly compiled" and "no mmaps/vmaps" were exaggerations which made you lose much of your credibility. But no matter how bad the server might be, as I said, better focus on our benefits instead of bashing. It helps Kronos more.

Play there, you aggro mobs through walls. This was no exeggaration at all.
As an experienced player I can ensure you that this server is not any better, infact worse, then feenix.
On a sidenote, what credibility? People believe what they want believe anyways.

Server with highest population must obviously be the best. Why else would it have the most players on it, right?

I am not even comfortable that people create threads about Kronos on CoreCraft forums.
Even though they don't adress the same target audience it its still wrong in my opinion.

Last edited:
I saw that you mistook Nostrilius for some other server, now that explains everything :)
But still, credibility is important. If they suspect you to be hired, they will question everything you say. The internet does not like professional advertisment, it prefers "real" word-of-mouth recommandation.
I just wanted to generally point out that advertisement can be overdone to a point where it does damage to Kronos instead of helping.

Last edited:
Noone of the staff would ever do this btw. And since I am not part of the staff am I not free to share my honest opinion?
And really, I am interested in CoreCraft and was watching their progress for well over a year now. It just happens that I enjoy vanilla bit more :)

I know that Kronos staff would not to this. But our target audience does not. You don't need to convince people who already know Kronos, but all the others. Of course you can share your opinion. Go on, if you want people to believe that Kronos is arrogant and trying to sabotage other projects. I'm just saying that it's better not to overdo it. You are staining Kronos' reputation.

All I did was comment on players groundless and biased opinions. Did I ever say anything bad about CoreCraft on their forum? Of course I didn't cause I support their server too.

EDIT:
I just finished editing all my comments on CC forum regading Nostalrius.
wow really I tried out too many 1.12.1 servers in the last few weeks that I completely mixed them up.
Thanks for mentioning it here Amrod. I wouldn't have realised my mistake otherwise.

Last edited:
We appreciate your dedication to make Kronos better known and to advertise us in many different places. It definitely helps to attract players.

Saying good things about our project is perfectly fine and we appreciate it, but we'd indeed like you to not do it too offensively, by "disrespecting" other servers.

Stay friendly everyone :yes:

I played on nostarius and multihackz ,was working , me and distiller was chaincrashing server by pulling 2nd bwl boss :p blinking the door and gg

We appreciate your dedication to make Kronos better known and to advertise us in many different places. It definitely helps to attract players.

Saying good things about our project is perfectly fine and we appreciate it, but we'd indeed like you to not do it too offensively, by "disrespecting" other servers.

Stay friendly everyone :yes:

No in all seriousness, it was a missunderstanding. When a realm is shit I will always call it out for what it is. No exceptions.
And what Indaco said is true, I just don't want to go into detail there :)

Isn't Nostalrius the new project of the Nostalrius french team ? Because I remember that we had a server with the same name but the whole playerbase has moved to another french server called Nostalgeek wich is now the biggest one in France.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nostalrius is now trying to attract a EU community instead of focusing on only one largely stolen by Nostalgeek.

:huh:

Both french realms, thats what I know. Can't tell anything about their background though.
Nostalgeek wasn't really good while Nostralrius test realm seemed pretty solid. Why would anyone move to an inferior realm? Doesn't add up.

Nostalrius wasn't that good since it had rarely more than 100 players and Horde could group with Alliance because of this low population while Nostalgeek had 200-300 players.

I haven't played a lot on Nostalgeek but I know that it has been firstly worked in a 2.4.3 version (TBC) because fixing issues was easier but they changed it later for 1.12.1. Anyways this server is crap since you can buy everything with real money : Gold, Levels, Mounts, Weapon Skills... this is just a Pay to Win server obviously far from a true Vanilla experience. They have been just lucky to find that they could take player datas from Nostalrius to their server and a lot of players chose to join this one mainly for its population.

Nostalrius wasn't that good since it had rarely more than 100 players and Horde could group with Alliance because of this low population while Nostalgeek had 200-300 players.

I haven't played a lot on Nostalgeek but I know that it has been firstly worked in a 2.4.3 version (TBC) because fixing issues was easier but they changed it later for 1.12.1. Anyways this server is crap since you can buy everything with real money : Gold, Levels, Mounts, Weapon Skills... this is just a Pay to Win server obviously far from a true Vanilla experience. They have been just lucky to find that they could take player datas from Nostalrius to their server and a lot of players chose to join this one mainly for its population.

All is said :)

In fact it is not that much incomprehensible, Vanilla french servers are sparsely populated and dispatching this small amount of players on different servers was not a good idea. Even if Nostalgeek is not the best in terms of quality, at least it succeeded gathering players in one unique place.

I'm going to end up getting banned from the server I am on now for advertising :innocent:

Me too. :laugh:

I feel it's my duty to tell Vanilla players about a better alternative. I'd want people to do the same for me. It's not like I spam or am pushy with it.

I started a personal advertising campaign for Kronos troughout facebook, skype and gaming forums. I suggest every loyal players to this project does the same.:smile:

It only makes sense if you do it in gaming forum that you are actually active in.

I just hope that KronoS stuff won't ban players on spot for just mentioning CC or any other server. One thing is advertising spam by random bot and other, for example, ppl discussing differences of implementation of certain quest or boss, lets say on Valkyrie.

You won't get banned here for mentioning other servers. Most of the player base is well aware of other projects existance anyways.
Currently there is no project that Kronos should fear.
CC is TBC and all vanilla competitor are not even in a remotely equal state of progress.

I know that. Many players from private server community going to play both CC and Kronos. Still Kronos is Twinstar and Twinstar has TBC realm themselves. I bet you can see where i am going with this.
I just hope that mentioning Feenix allowed not becouse everyone rightfully bashing Feenix for it's flaws.

Top Bottom