• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Alchemy Alchemist's Stone

Epyon

I noticed this awesome trinket (that gives +40% on heal/mana pots) missing from Alchemy in the Vanilla database. Is it not currently on the server yet?

I had alchemy before, I believe there were no trinket alchemy recepies in vanilla, I think they came with BC

To answer - Alchemist stone become trinket in TBC, in vanilla, it's just trash item in inv :smile:

Edit: Alchemist's stone is TBC item, vanilla have only Philosophers stone and it's not a trinket.

Last edited:
Well alchemists can make a Philosopher's Stone, trinket that gives +5 to all stats I think.

It's not trinket in vanilla and not providing anything, its needed for metal transmutes though.

My apologise, I am not speaking english well. Google translator helps me a lot :D
I remember this epic trinket. If I remember right, Alchemist stone gives only +40% effect on every healing and mana potion. Works with mage mana stones and warlock healstones too. I do not remember any other +stats on trinket.
This trinket disapeared on private servers around patch 1.7 (think this is bug).
I can not give you some extra informations and proofs (its very long time) only this:

What you need to create this trinket:
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?spell=17632
Some other info:
patch 0.10: Alchemist's Stone has become Philosophers' Stone.
patch 1.12: Alchemists' Stone effects have been changed.
Hope someone can give better info about this.

Think you are not right mate.
Alchemist's Stone was 100% trinket in Vanilla. This item is in game since start.
Philosopher's Stone was item for transmutations (this item changed to trinket in TBC).

Ok, so another way - In TBC you can create 70 lvl trinket named Alchemist's stone from Philosopher stone - https://tbc-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?spell=17632 and it replaces your Philosopher stone, also, in TBC Philosopher stone became trinket - https://tbc-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=9149. In vanilla, it's just item in inventory - https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=9149

Alchemists don't have any proffesion trinket in vanilla.
If you think that you can proove othervise, then proove it, but first record of it on wowwiki is this - http://www.wowwiki.com/Alchemist's_Stone , 16th february 2007 -> TBC

Ofc, if I found something about this trinket I will report it.
But as I said before, i found only some fragments (like what you need to create this item). It is too long... Only way how prove this is probably to make some old wowemu server and try to found it in item database.

Item number 13503
Spell to create 17632

Only few players remember this item. This trinket was in item database at wowhed or thottbot from start, but in some point replaced by new one from TBC. Maybe this trinket was only in database and not in game... who knows? Its about 10 years lol :D Now you can not found any info about...

Ofc, if I found something about this trinket I will report it.
But as I said before, i found only some fragments (like what you need to create this item). It is too long... Only way how prove this is probably to make some old wowemu server and try to found it in item database.

Item number 13503
Spell to create 17632

Only few players remember this item. This trinket was in item database at wowhed or thottbot from start, but in some point replaced by new one from TBC. Maybe this trinket was only in database and not in game... who knows? Its about 10 years lol :D Now you can not found any info about...

Don't you mean this? :

https://tbc-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=9149

nn...
Philosopher's Stone is trinket on TBC (item in bag only for transmutations on Vanilla).
In Vanilla times, there was a trinket named Alchemist's Stone too, it is not same like trinket on TBC (different stats, maybe 300 alchemy sklil needed for use etc etc... its too long so I do not remember).

This "old" Alchemist's Stone was in item database from start of wow, not from start of TBC, but with some differents (I remember only 30% or 40% for potions, whithout + stats) and I think he was replaced by new one from TBC. He was gone since Mangos arrive (I remember this, becase some players report this on our old private server 9 years ago :D). In this old times, this old trinket was useless, bcs of malfunction of all private servers.
Now there is no info about him... only this formula to create him.

There are plenty of items in the database not being in use, so the spell being there is not proog enough. The item that the spell creates is not in the database whatsoever, another thing in favour of the item not existing.
Here are a few wowhead comments from the page about Black Vitriol, a reagent for the Philospher's stone and also a reagent in your recipe for the Alchemists stone.

Posted in 2.0.12 (BC prepatch)
"This is used for one thing, and one thing only: the Philosopher's Stone. [...]"

Posted in 3.1.3
"The stone Recipe is in in Gadgetzan."
Note that stone is in singular. The Philosophers stone recipe is sold in Gadgetzan.

Edit: More proof.
The Philosopher's Stone has itemID 9149. Here is it on a vanilla database. Here is on wowhead.

The spell creates an item with an ID of 13503. It does not exist in the vanilla databases, but it does exist on wowhead.

The spell has the spell ID 17632, just like you linked. Here is it on a vanilla database, and here is it on wowhead. Note the different materials required.

My conclusion from all this is that blizzard had plans of making the Philosopher's Stone a trinket, either already in vanilla (which explains the spell existing in the vanilla database) or in BC. In BC they changed the Philosopher's stone into a trinket, and created the Alchemists Stone. They also updated the reagents for the Alchemists Stone, reflecting the fact that it is a BC item.

Last edited:
You are probably right... who knows? As I said before... it is about 10 years...
Maybe this item was only in database like many and many other items... or item from alfa / beta
Still without any proof this item was not be in game on Kronos.

And as I said before, only way how to proove this is to make old wow emu server and look in database fot item / recipe and if I remeber for Quest in Tanaris, bcs you can obtain it there.

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=9149

you can see any ingame item with twinhead just set it to vanilla

in vanilla it haz no stat as u can see from this comment :

It should be rare or uncommon at least, now after it give +5 at all stats. Maybe will be changed in a future patch.
Beside that is a great trinket for everyone.

Last edited:
Well, inda, but he's talking about alchemist'S stone, not philosophers stone.

On twinhead, there is a "spell" that creates alchemists stone, but item that it should create is missing, so is it mangos problem? or was it deleted in later patches? who knows?

Top Bottom