• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warlock Alliance or Horde lock?

Jeeve

I just thought why would you want to play warlock on allies side when there's WotF on horde side with half of the server being undead. Also Tremor totem is another counter to your fear. Unsure if it can be cast while feared in vanilla but it removes fear nonetheless.

Is it even worth running warlock on alliance for pvp?

Last edited:
Makes playing a Lock a bit harder for sure. Definitely difficult when your enemy is an Undead with a Shadow Reflector, which is pretty common. It forces Locks to save Deathcoil for WotF. It's also one of the reasons why Warlocks are sparse on the Alliance on this realm. However, it also makes it easier for Ally locks to get started since the competition is slim.

Tremor Totem cannot be cast while Feared or CC'd, that is a Cataclysm feature (Patch 4.0.6 specifically).

Play horde lock and tell me how you feel about fearward, cleanse and the cool resists due to pally auras.
Gnome is lock master race.

To me it seems as gnome is the strongest group pvp race (also Paladin healers are way more detrimental than a Shaman so that is also a huge plus) while Orc is the strongest for world pvp/duelling.

Alliance should be much better for PVE due to salvation.

When they fix pet pathing you'll probably see some shitty little gnome bouncing around fearing stuff.

Fear ward doesn't even trigger dr and you can just recast fear so the only thing alliance has going for it is paladin, so 2 classes who can dispell. But that doesn't compare to the undead racial. If you're a gnome lock like you say you will get DESTROYED when an undead rogue opens up on you.

They have a way (escape artist) to get distance from rogues, a strong counter to lock.

Personally i also think that Orcs stun resistance is stronger than WOTF.

In the long run it is. Especially since your insignia removes just about the same stuff as WOTF plus poly sans sleep.
On the other hand you are pretty much fucked once you get a physical slow as horde. 25% resistance helps prevent that.

Go gnome lock, you won't regret it.

But that would just mean undead have even more options of removing your fear & howl of terror? So they have both insignia and wotf. An even greater disadvantage for alliance warlock!

But that would just mean undead have even more options of removing your fear & howl of terror? So they have both insignia and wotf. An even greater disadvantage for alliance warlock!
UDs have 2 ways to remove fear so much is correct. They do not have ANY way to remove slows though.
Trust me, beeing able to remove slows is WAY better as a lock.

Having 2 ways to remove basically the same type of CC is shit compared to beeing able to remove almost ALL kind of CC.

Ally lock personally is better.Wotf is overpowering racial I know but a good warlock doesnt even need to cast fear.I only cast fear to interupt their spells lol.However if u have Drakedog build then seducing is a problem if u are ally lock.I always have felhunter or void out anyways so doesnt affect me.

Imo i love a bit of a challenge than relying on a racial to do all the work.Their are ways around this.

And that's why you rolled alliance with Paladins?

Gesendet von meinem MI 4 mit Tapatalk

I am SL build and do lots of solo play so i dont have a pala.
Anyways paladins are scarce on alliance side on K2 and hard to find a good pala.

Horde have wotf,pr+shaman for dispelling,purge,tremour
ally have....pala+pr and thats it.Harder for ally compared to horde.Like i said finding a pala is very hard since 2nd least played char and both sides have priests so lock is in favour of horde with wotf+shaman etc..

thank u anon i am a level 12 grome warlock and i have been looking on this form for 15 mins looking if i picked right

Also even tho i am ally,I would recommend horde orc lock.
As the game progresses and we get deep in to bwl and aq etc...It is extremely hard for a ally lock.

In those times,a rogue(2nd most played char) can stunlock u from 100-0 easy.U have no way to get out of stuns.Fair enough gnome has eacape artist.A bit usefull atm but in K2 as we get in to aq and stuff it becomes more and more useless.Can get out of hamstrings and mages snares but thats it.

Gnome lock if u can get a rogue out of stealth
Orc lock if u cant.

With catseye elixer,engi hat,paranoi does a decent job to get rogues out.
Also very dependant on pet.Using felhunter against warr,rogues is suicide, same goes for succ for mages and hunters.

Top Bottom