• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other (Alliance) Risen Hosted Open MC Raid Tues Oct. 6

shard

Authorized
Come join us for our first ever Molten Core raid, Tuesday October 6th, and 8pm CST! As long as you're attuned, reasonably prepared, and we have a spot still available, you're welcome to sign up. Before putting your name in though, please be sure you've read all the info below.

Why should you trust Risen hosting the run? It's our first raid as a guild, yes, but far from my first time in Molten Core. During retail vanilla I led one of only 23 US guilds that were able to clear all content before TBC released. TBC through WotLK I was an officer in one of the most successful US raiding guilds that ever existed (vodka). I can promise that you will all be treated fairly, your time won't be wasted, and we'll go as far as we can with who we have.

Details

Date: Tuesday, October 6

Time: 8pm CST (3am server), until we clear, or decide to call it

Loot System: Closed bid simple dkp. Everyone will receive one point per boss killed. If an item you want drops, you may bid as few or as many points as you possess, via whisper. Ties will /random 100. If no mainspecs bid, the item will be open to offspecs, and if there are still no bids, it'll be sharded. Unused points at the end of the raid will carry over to the following week, but with a 50% decay. Points will be updated and listed on our website's public forum each week.

Other loot info: Tier BOE epics will be open to bids, but must be immediately equipped by the winner. All unwanted tier BOE epics, legendaries, materials, etc, will be distributed to Risen members only (incentive to join our guild!).

Requirements: MC attunement completed, Mumble, and at minimum a reasonable amount of character preparation. A fresh off the boat 60 in leveling greens and no consumables whatsoever will not be top on our list who we want to bring.

Other important info: Our eventual goal is to form a full Risen 40-man raid team. To that end, spot priority will be given to our members. If you're part of the Risen raid team and you want to go, you will have a guaranteed spot, assuming you sign up in advance. We're happy to bring people from other guilds, but our long-term goal here is to grow our guild, so keep in mind that this will probably become a Risen-only thing at some point in the future.

Also, be warned--if you sign up and no show, come unprepared, afk frequently, behave poorly, or prove to be unreasonably inept, you probably won't be coming back again. Plain and simple.

For those who have read everything above and wish to sign up for the raid, please either post here with your character name and what spec you want to play, sign up at our website risencc.com, or message me in-game. If you have questions about the loot system, or anything in general, pm me on here, or talk to me in-game.

Please keep in mind that if you sign up, you're expected to be there. If something comes up, that's perfectly fine, but if that's the case, I expect advance notice. No shows will not be given a second chance--no exceptions.

Tanks:

Laststand - Prot Warrior
Gizmoff - Prot Warrior
Akarat - Prot Warrior

Healers:

Shard - Holy Priest
Yosephina - Holy Priest
Wake - Holy Priest
Netureia - Holy Priest
Tripwyr - Holy Paladin
Korven - Holy Paladin
Vengra - Resto Druid
Tasin - Resto Druid
Ransack - Resto Druid
Starrider - Resto Druid

DPS:

Hotslice - Fury Warrior
(maybe) Runoz - Fury Warrior
Amberyl - Arms Warrior
Feluna - Hunter
Tarkan - Hunter
(maybe) Eko - Hunter
Randomdps - Hunter
Bloodlimit - Hunter
Utenriks - Hunter
Zuki - Hunter
Noredemption - Rogue
Harlyquin - Rogue
Wisgap - Rogue
Len - Frost Mage
Aryss - Frost Mage
Feeva - Frost Mage
Kjeld - Frost Mage
Amoonir -Warlock
Fuchur -Warlock
Deathwhisper -Warlock
Ousome -Warlock

Last edited:
I'll come on my friend's druid: Starrider
he's got both a resto and feral set, and it looks like you'll probably want some mediocre feral dps over more resto druids

i didnt know you were in vodka, thats pretty cool, im pretty sure you guys started on mannroth US right? my old server :~)

Awesome, got you down Sew! That's cool that you were on Mannoroth as well. I played all of vanilla on Mal'ganis, and then joined vodka on Mannoroth during TBC. We transferred to Alterac Mountains at the beginning of WotLK, because the old server hardware was impeding our ability to kill shit! Manno was a much more competitive server though--I missed it.

Had ~30 people show up, and we were able to kill the first 5 bosses with who and what time we had. Notable loots were the Garr Bindings, and Talisman of Ephemeral Power.

Big relearning experience for a lot of us. Next week's raid will definitely be smoother, and hopefully we'll have a few more people!

Thanks all who came (who read these forums)! Hope to see you again next Tuesday, one hour earlier (7pm CST).

Top Bottom