• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Allow Character transfers from Kronos 1 to Ares TBC

Lildyo

Authorized
Hello, now that Chero has confirmed that Kronos TBC will not be released until 2019, it is apparent that our days are numbered on Kronos 1. I'd like to request that the Twinstar administration coordinate between their teams and allow character copies/transfers from Kronos 1 over to Ares.

I understand such a request would likely be technically difficult, but I'd imagine there would be a high demand for this and it is something you guys could even charge a $25-50 fee for to make it happen (similar to Blizzard server transfers). I honestly do not want to wait 1.5-2 years to progress my character to TBC and I would gladly wait half a year if that's what it would take before you guys could set up a service to transfer characters.

Given that this service likely wouldn't be available for several months if you guys were willing to do it, there's not much of an advantage players on here could gain. Some suggestions:
- Transfer character looks, reputations, lifetime PvP rank, and gear.
- You could opt to not copy professions, quest completion data, learned skills, or even gold (though, a little bit would be helpful)
- Restrict it to level 60s and possibly even just one character per account

Please don't make us wait 2 years to experience TBC with our characters. Kronos 1 will be long dead before that point.

Ares is hurting Kronos TBC already. The majority of those who want TBC now, regardless of, are already on Ares. I think Chero wants Kronos TBC to succeed, and won't present it as mere x1 alternative to Ares available soon (TM).

Last edited:
no.
Kronos chars was using bugged respawns to gather ores and herbs, and converted them in bugged amount of golds.
Kronos chars was killing bosses in raids when they was working incorrectly, so they have gear obtained from "lootbags"
Kronos TBC 60 chars should play against the same Kronos vanilla abusers on its own server

It was announced well in advance that kronos tbc and ares would be two different projects. Why complain now? You've waited so long for Naxxramas, now go farm it ad nauseam.

It was announced well in advance that kronos tbc and ares would be two different projects. Why complain now? You've waited so long for Naxxramas, now go farm it ad nauseam.

Actually had to google “ad nauseam“.
Sehr eloquent Herr Horo. ;)

I know there are a number of players who would like the option to transfer to Ares.
I'd be happy to see it happen if it was something that was possible, but as mentioned in numerous location Ares was launched as a stand alone TBC server. That was their plan all along, and we have always wanted to build on our Kronos core for TBC in order to give players the best experience possible. The Kronos core has a very solid foundation unlike Ares which has not been touched in the vanilla environment.

Even if transfers were possible, players who start fresh on Ares I doubt would welcome geared Kronos characters with gold and other items into the economy (basically getting a head start from the get go). But I hear the comments "well just remove the gold and gear". Well, if transfer were possible and you removed the gold/gear then why transfer? what's different than starting a fresh 60 on their server?

Like I said, I'd be happy to see players continue on to TBC shortly if it was an option (we're all eagerly waiting for it).

Even if transfers were possible, players who start fresh on Ares I doubt would welcome geared Kronos characters with gold and other items into the economy (basically getting a head start from the get go). But I hear the comments "well just remove the gold and gear". Well, if transfer were possible and you removed the gold/gear then why transfer? what's different than starting a fresh 60 on their server?.
I'll admit, I have no way of reconciling that issue. I wasn't aware Ares had all level 60 raid content locked. Had MC, BWL, AQ40, and Naxx been accessible and the War Effort available in the background (as would be the case on a fresh Blizzard TBC server), bringing the gear over wouldn't be an issue. I understand the Kronos scripts aren't exactly compatible with Ares scripts, so they'd need to use some stock scripts from another server, which all just sounds like a lot of effort.

So since they don't have any vanilla end-game content available, yeah I don't think it'd be fair to bring over geared 60s, even if it were after they had Tier 4 or 5 content released. Unless that vanilla content became available on Ares, I don't really have any more comments on the suggestion then

Top Bottom