• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Alterac Valley and the Alliance problem

Aze

AV%20fun%20times_zps3hipemyd.png

As many of you may already know, AV is bugged for Alliance that if someone caps the Snowfall GY, after about 5 resses, the GY bugs out and people stop ressing on it. As far as I am concerned this is an Ally only bug. Could they just disable the Graveyard flag to avoid this issue. Some times its new people going for the flag even though constantly it gets spammed in /bg not to do it.

Other times a few of the Alliance players have purposely taken the flag just to bug the game for everyone else. Spasi and Voidzone come to mind. The sad part is that in some cases alliance have been winning the match but the resulting bugs ends up bugging out 20-30 of the people. Horde have already noticed this and once Snowfall gets taken, they instantly go and attack Stonehearth since its the nearest GY Allies can walk to as a spirit and ress in.

I propose either disabling the flag or giving a small ban to the alliance players who have done this multiple times in order to screw up the game for the other 39 players. Not only is it giving us an unfair disadvantage, but its also causing us to lose time, and honor in the process. Some argue its because you get 250rep for capping it, but I find that hard to believe given the fact that if you take both horde towers in the base and kill the General (3marks to turn in) you roughly get the same amount of Rep.

Few of my guildies have even mentioned that they will stop queing because it ruins the experience. I am not asking to disable the whole battleground, just that flag.

Attachments

• AV fun times.jpg
    AV fun times.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Is this a serious post Aze?

1. It's not an alliance only bug

2. I don't see you complaining about the bugs that work in your favour though (mob respawn times on bridge etc)

3. Alliance complaining about unfair advantages when the horde CANT even gap graveyards once you guys take them?

4. fucking LOL

Is this a serious post Aze?

1. It's not an alliance only bug

2. I don't see you complaining about the bugs that work in your favour though (mob respawn times on bridge etc)

3. Alliance complaining about unfair advantages when the horde CANT even gap graveyards once you guys take them?

4. fucking LOL

1. I'm alliance so I can only see things from my perspective. If the horde also get bugged respawns from Snowfall then they should disable it. Not sure how my post is a problem for your faction then.

2. Mob respawn on bridge? Its bugged? Its the same respawn time for both sides on normal mobs. Frostwolf Legionaires spawn every minute. Getting inside horde base is a huge nightmare because of this. Also because sometimes the archers in the destroyed towers also respawn.

3. How about you post your bugs. Maybe use this topic as a sort of bug tracker. Want to talk about unfair advantages also? How about horde being able to jump and ninja cap Aid Station GY by bypassing every NPC by jumping through the mountains? I don't remember it being that way in retail.

4. Boo fucking hoo

I don't even.

I know how it feels being in a game where that GY gets capped, but I really don't think that, that GY is the biggest problem in AV right now. Have you ever stopped to wonder why alliance is winning 80-90% of the games? I mean I know the map is alliance favored, but the horde isn't THAT bad.

Hint: The BG is completely broken for the horde.

Additionally it's so fast for alliance to get exalted that we might end up with lots of hordies that didn't even make it in the short window they had before all the alliance players got their exalted with nearly pure wins.

Last edited:
Didn't lose a single AV yesterday. Not sure what you mean with 80-90% win rate for alliance.

This topic...
If you complain as alliance then you cleary have no clue of this game or are not able to see how unfair the GY cap advantage is. For horde AV is hardmode right now.

It must be worrying for the Alliance that the horde are still picking up wins with broken graveyards. When it is fixed normal service shall be resumed...

And yea the frostwolf mobs may respawn way to fast aswell but we dont have the luxury of camping a bridge with ranged DPS and 10 little hard hitting gnomes.

But then again, you can just rush the backdoor early game with 5-10man and take the whole Dun Baldar.
That's how AV always worked since the horde "spawn fix" on retail.

Ahm no you can't. Unlike hordes base allis has alot NPCs in proximity to the flag along with the towers range going almost all the way up to it.

Ahm no you can't. Unlike hordes base allis has alot NPCs in proximity to the flag along with the towers range going almost all the way up to it.

I have counted how many NPCs you have to pass to get the (dun baldar) flag as horde.
If you take the "backdoor", you will face 1 bunker + 4-5 NPCs and the 5 at the flag (1 elite ).

If you are gona rush as ally to take hordes last flag ( RH ), you have to tank 2 towers, run pass 14 guards and flags 5 npc (1 elite ). ( FENCE JUMP )

Ally will face more then twice the amount of NPCs on their way to the last flag.

Both factions have 30-40 sec respawn on all NPCs, so dont say "Ally have auto win" haha

I'm unsure how the horde NPCs actually work, but do you get charged by 4 npcs and die from their charge damage before you can even dismount? I'm genuinely courious, since that is the problem for us. I believe the issue is the dynamic respawn timer that the server has in the world, which for some reason also applies to AV, so due to the amount of people near the NPCs they respawn extremely fast.

As for the backdoor tactic, alliance still has the option to stealth down 2 rogues and cap the relief hut, and we can't do anything about it once they have it. Alliance can recap the aid station. It's quite hard defending it through the backdoor, because when you die you end back up in the middle unless you have SP GY first. If we wait untill we have SP GY theres a good chance that alliance already has FW GY and relief hut, which means it's game over for us. Our defenders no longer has the ability to respawn in defense for 10 minutes.

But you guys already know this. Didn't it take you something like one day of AV to get exalted, Methos? You can't seriously think that being unable to recap GYs is not the most gamebreaking bug in AV. So yes I stand by my point that alliance pretty much has free wins in AV. Unless ofcourse someone caps SF GY, in which case horde will exploit the situation to get a rare win.

@Lharts

If you didn't lose a single AV yesterday something was either fixed after I got exalted and stopped queueing for that mess, or you played one game and won. Either that or you're once again being sarcastic in text. I think I can count on two hands how many AVs I won from neutral to exalted. I realy don't think that horde winning 2 in 10 games is far off.

edit: The last day of my rep grind we won more than the others, purely due to the fact that alliance started capping SF GY more and because we queued 6-7 together and defended IB choke point.

edit2: This is not even mentioning how devastating it is to lose SP GY because we can't retake it.

Last edited:
do you get charged by 4 npcs and die from their charge damage before you can even dismount? I'm genuinely courious, since that is the problem for us.

No, because frostwolf orcs didn't think it was a good idea to learn charge.

If you didn't lose a single AV yesterday something was either fixed after I got exalted and stopped queueing for that mess, or you played one game and won. Either that or you're once again being sarcastic in text. I think I can count on two hands how many AVs I won from neutral to exalted. I realy don't think that horde winning 2 in 10 games is far off.

Nothing was fixed and horde still kept winning one game after another.

There was this super easy tactic where horde actually started to defend the Iceblood pass, since it is a chokepoint, same as is the Stormpike bridge. While not populated with guards, horde was successfully able to stop the alliance advance in most games. The longest game on sunday took over 2 hours an ended with a horde win due to alliance not being able to group up and push properly.

The huge bug with horde not being able to recap a contested graveyard didn't even come into play, because alliance scrubs never made it to the FW graveyard.

edit2: This is not even mentioning how devastating it is to lose SP GY because we can't retake it.
When you lost it, you all respawned at Iceblood, smashed the FW GY. Alliance ended afking dead on Snowfall.
During the other game I played when this happened, alliance ended turtling in the base because you had only the RHGY and you cleared your base.

Last edited:
I dont think you can blame it on "bugs" here. The horde cant recap RH after an alliance tags it either. Even I as an alliance player can see that we suck, really bad atm. People stay on FWGY for over 10 minutes even after rogues ninja cap RH. Just one example. We stink atm.

I guess an entirely different alliance crowd is playing AV atm then. The first days it was hell for horde, because alliance grouped up for pushes had wicked defense and ninjacapped FW/RH.

I think Alliance should stop que AV because we are loosing all the time , Like Horde did in WSG :lol::lol:

Obviously :whistling: i get exalted with 7 losses in first 4 days, rest was fckin win spam and once u get a full rep. pplz don't care much about wins/loss they just kill lieutenants for ez honor and then afk somewhere.

I have been playing since day one and I'm still not exalted. I have had taken a few breaks during the days since I have work to do but the whole myth about hitting exalted in 1 day seems far-fetched to me or someone is doing something to bug rep.

The Alliance NPCS seem somewhat stronger because they have charge but at most I see few people die from them. When more than 5 people rush at the same time only 1 dies at most.

Sneaking in 2 rogues to horde base is not as easy as you make it out to be since there is usually a rogue there defending. We depend on rogues to sneak in, you guys depend on running up a mountain which you can do with any class. For the most part rogues are the ones that do it but yesterday a group of 6 just randomly appeared and capped the Aid Station. If they got aggro from the NPCs they could just run to the back of the GY area and the NPCs would reset. Defending against a backdoor like that especially with so much terrain between both entrances is nearly impossible. For the most part I defend Stormpike GY and whenever I heard that someone is coming from the mountain, by the time I get over there SP GY is gone.

The only advantage we had was the contested graveyard bug you guys seemed to have but all day yesterday and today (which the contested bug was fixed today) have been capping Snowfall and the only thing we can do is report the trolls for doing so.

Top Bottom