• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Alterac Valley strategies.

Kamchak

Authorized
Hello.

Can anybody knowledgeable describe what valid strategies are there for Alterac Valley? I know only the basic information on them, so the more you can provide the better. I also have some extra questions for some of them.

This is what I know:
Blitz:
Everybody rushes to take the two closest-to-the-enemy-leader cemeteries and then take the leader down.

Questions:
- What happens if you fail (enemy went into defence, for example)? Does it mean the team screwed up the whole battleground or is there a chance to still do it or to regroup and use other strategy?

Rush:
Small group defends, majority of players go into attack trying to take each of the enemy checkpoints and then slay the enemy leader.

Questions:
- From what I've seen, people usually ignore secondary bosses. Why is that? I thought taking enemy checkpoints hinders their reinforcements, but so do the bosses, don't they?
- Why don't the sides protect their first-to-be-reached (Stonehearth Bunker, Iceblood Tower) checkpoints? I don't think that large groups attack those places, most run by to further ones, and since the strategy assumes weakening down the enemy, defensive part of it should assume keeping your reinforcements, too. Otherwise, blitz is more favourable all the time.
- How many people should be defending?
- Why does the Horde ignore Snowfall Graveyard and why does the Alliance ignore Iceblood Graveyard?

Turtle:
Defensive play with increasing and improving your reinforcements doing side quests, and taking over enemy checkpoints one by one. Seems to be the most fun.

Questions:
- How many people should be attacking right from the start?

General questions:
- According to the game map, the Horde starts closer to Alliance leader than the other way around, which gives them advantage in quicker games. Why does the Alliance try to rush often as well, even when the enemy does it?

Thank you for your time.

Why does the Alliance try to rush often as well, even when the enemy does it?
Because most people don't care about the actual game, they only do it for reputation rewards and are willing to spoil the game for others to get exalted faster.

Cap IB graveyard, kill all Horde north of it and then block TP choke point, that's the best one.
I guess this one is a-little-more-described-than-by-myself version of so-called 'turtle' strategy. What about the Icewing Graveyard? By the time we reach Iceblood, they'll reach Icewing, unless everybody fights in the middle. If a lot of Hordlings will pass by Icewing, that might be enough for them to take over cemeteries closer to Dun Baldar and resurrect there. That means we cannot afford too many people in attack, we will have to have enough in defence as first priority. How many should be enough?

I've been thinking about the following scheme (Alliance side):
- About 7 people in defence at the base (for both sides of the bridge), including a druid with faerie fire to defend against sneak attacks.
- 20-30 at Icewing to make sure the first massive attack will not pass by. Casters and hunters are positioned inside the bunker, melee are outside. Healers are in the back row of each.
- The rest (3-13) can start with mine, rams or help do the quest for teleport insignia.
- Previous group (3-13) or Icewing group also should take care about Stonehearth Bunker. I don't think that many Hordling stay in it, so five minutes should be enough to protect Icewing and then go for Stonehearth.
- Rogues from any of these groups go forward. Five the most, I think.

This only leaves Icewing Garrison unprotected, but if Horde goes there instead of rushing forward, then Icewing Bunker group should be able to spare some fighters there.

The following play depends on the outcome. If Horde does not pass by, we'll have an advantage in mine/rams/scraps, and, depending on rogues' success, in attack, too. So careful play from defence to offence in this situation should be a victorious one. If rogues manage to take Iceblood Graveyard by this time, it should be enough to push Icewing group there and use it as a choke point, after which we can:
- slowly progress forward step by step, while defence gathers in most necessary positions;
- or destroy first tower and garrison, hold this position and collect reinforcements before progressing further.

As the Horde, the scheme should be similar with relevant groups being positioned at relevant checkpoints.

Additional question: are there any Alterac Valley groups that go in and do defensive play on the Alliance side (please, whisper personally on this question).

Riders and ,,Summons,, dont work ?
a budou nekdy fungovat ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom