• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Alternative Armor? (Cosmetic)

DeathspellOmega

I was imagining running around in Lawbringer once again and thought if it might be possible to have clones of armor sets but simply differently colored, I liked original Lawbringer, but I remembered Blizz had other character models and item sets like Judgment having a purple off-set and etc.

Thoughts/Ideas?
Like having a corrupted ash bringer that has the purified model, I know this is possible client side but to my knowledge that's against Kronos TOS so why not have in game alternatives? Noob transmogrification I suppose.

As i remember, there was a mode, that recolored Hunter T2 Dragonstalker set from purple to black (maybe you can still find it on the internet, it was called Black dragonstalker), so it should be possible to recolor other items. The only thing you need to know is, how to do that. I think Psojed can help :smile:

won't happen, not vanilla.

Well Kronos isn't purely Vanilla, there's slight changes. And if they are only cosmetic changes such as simply color I don't see very much of a reason to not even consider it haha
Like I said I'm very aware you can do it for purely client side but it'd be nice to make it accessible to the rest of the players if they desired. I see as well that you said it would be nice to have WoD textures but you know "Won't happen, not vanilla." Seems somewhat hypocritical lol

Model editing, client sided. It belongs here

The recolors for TBC could be extracted from a TBC client and applied to vanilla client if the textures remained unchanged.

Well Kronos isn't purely Vanilla, there's slight changes. And if they are only cosmetic changes such as simply color I don't see very much of a reason to not even consider it haha
Like I said I'm very aware you can do it for purely client side but it'd be nice to make it accessible to the rest of the players if they desired. I see as well that you said it would be nice to have WoD textures but you know "Won't happen, not vanilla." Seems somewhat hypocritical lol

brosky, don't call me a hypocrite, because i didn't say i'm against it, i acually wouldn't mind it, its just cosmetics ... i just stated the fact that it wont hapen...since its not vanilla.

and its the truth as far as i know it.

for do that.....just a lot of work if blizz dont have this data base on 1.12.1
Another way is to download mod/addon for that
http://wowfile.herniweb.cz/pic/addon/33.jpg

and my god,that looks amazing in black! way better then the original, imo.

I'm not calling you a hypocrite I'm merely stating that is appears so, I understand where you're coming from.
It would just be nice if people didn't have to go out of their ways to change some color on their character if it was already there.

I'm not at all excited for Pally tier 3, Warriors have that luxury. Oh but pally tier 2 was just so great, I wish I could switch the models lol

As long as its not forbidden you can model edit. As soon as it is forbidden you might risk getting banned for it.
Like Psjoed said, atm you can go ahead and recolor what ever you want.

While I agree, you never know when you meet an ****t, who will report you for posting a screenshot in black dragonscale armor...

Model editing, client sided. It belongs here

The recolors for TBC could be extracted from a TBC client and applied to vanilla client if the textures remained unchanged.

Using items from other patches would be copy right infringement.

The whole reason Vanilla is an exception is because the trial didnt require a product key. Adding other expansion models or changes gives blizzard more power if they ever went after this server to shut it down.

Also I like in Vanilla I can see you running towards me and I know exactly what gear you are coming at me with/where you have been.

blah blah blah

1) There is no copyright involved if you bought Classic wow and TBC expansion, then it's only TOS violation. I suggest you read my regards towards TOS on the pages of the Graphics topic...

2) Vanilla is not an exception from the TOS or copyrights, you agree with them when you first launch your vanilla client. The rest of your sentence is utter nonsense.

3) If you read some info, you would discover that model editing cannot be seen by other players.

In an obvious enough example, I can be a Murloc riding on a mini-Onyxia mount right next to you, and you would never know, because you would still see a human riding a horse.

Top Bottom