• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

AMA Kronos Staff

filvorja

As the title suggests this is going to be thread were you, the community, are allowed to ask the staff of Kronos any question you like.

All questions asked will be answered by one the of the staff members as best as he/she/we can.
Nothing in life really works without order. The same applies for a thread like this.
This can get out of hand quite easily so we would like you to stick to a few rules.

1. One question per post.
2. The next question answered will be the one directly under our last reply. Please do not spam.
3. This is not meant as a discussion thread of any sort. We may even delete some posts if need be.
4. Serious questions are encouraged.
5. Depending on how this goes we may add some more rules.
6. Check FAQ before asking!

Keep in mind that there may be some questions we can not answer (yet).

Okay lets see how this goes. GO!

2.1. If it happens, and it will :smile:, that there is more then 1 question under our latest post there is a chance left that we answer this one too. Don't count on it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the plans for Spell Damage scaling on Blazefury Medallion, Storm Gauntlets, Fiery Plate Gauntlets and Fiery Retributer? There are reports from retail Vanilla that each of these received 30-43% of Spell Damage. With this Blizzlike scaling, these items could enable interesting builds for hybrid classes, but could also be abused with 3 such items stacked together with lots of Spell Damage.

On retail vanilla, there was no problem because apparently very few people noticed these items' potential before TBC arrived.

N.b. ZG being unavailable at launch reduces the potential for ridiculous stacking.
The thing about the reports you mentioned is that they are not really trustworthy most of the time. You can check the current status about them directly on twinhead and participate in the active discussions about that matter.

In almost all cases there is no real evidence that a scaling ever existed. As long as the issues are in the "Need Info" state there will be no changes made.

Thanks for the quick reply. Now, if Kronos had been launched before, and ran with minimal issues, why restart development?

There was a real major issue.
Awareness of Kronos' existence in the vanilla community and due to that a lack of players. Luckily this is no longer the case.
Fruthermore the development is not restarted it is carried on. Even if Kronos already had a stable and outstanding core the development decided to steadily improve it. This will continue even while the server is live.

What was the biggest obstacle to overcome during the development (after the restart)?

I don't know, there are few hard issues to fix, but it's all the same - coding. The biggest obstacle in my opinion is lack of information available about 1.12.1 WoW Client.

How many players personally each of you expect online on peak hours at first month after release?:cool2:

filvorja estimates about 1000 to 1500. I personally think it will be a bit more than that at well over a thousand. Chero refused to make a proper guess :angry:.

Do you plan on any downtime when you initially release the server? That meaning, can your server handle the amount of people logging on the second it goes up?

A successful launch is very important to us, however as we have no certain way of knowing exactly how big the first rush will be we can really only try our best. That being said we are very confident in both our hardware, hosting and core.

Last edited:
Personally I am very concerned about this little competition between Nos/Kronos. I understand as human beings we are fickle creatures by nature, but I want to hear your thoughts/concerns about the competition as well.

I can't see to find an answer on this question on my own in the bugtracker.

According to this recent thread: http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread...on-neutral-guards-pets-and-low-lvl-BG-queuing Booty Bay Bruisers currently pack quite a punch. It wasn't detailed whether or not the Booty Bay bruisers are either level 57 or elite (as I have found they should be) on Kronos. Can you confirm if the Brusiers are as they should be?

Edit: Realised I essentially asked two questions ^^. So removed one

I can't say now if it's wrong or as intended. If you are interested in that issue, search for related bug report or make a new one.

Hey dear gm's! How hard it would be to add bg queue for 10-59 players at inkeepers or just command? Can we expect it at lauch ? ( That made my game exp alot better on my last private server) Would be fun to have it from start in here .

As you might (not) know, we have not decided yet if we plan to implement such a feature.

I understand that development isnt going to fly by, but as said in The Final Touches, "A lot of work that we've done in the past months is not represented in the overall progress bar and that is why you didn't see it progressing as fast as you've probably expected. But as stated, we are now focussing on the subjects that are represented there and that means you will finally see it progressing in a very desireable pace. You can look forward to it." Now, it has been roughly a week and a single day and we've only seen the bar move 1 percent. Does this mean that progress hasnt been made enough to progress the percent, or has the progress bar simply not moved yet?

It's kinda sad that you tend to judge progress only based on the estimated progress bar. It was already explained that it does not contain every aspect of the game due to various reasons. I suggest you to check out the bug tracker to get a more realistic overview.

Hey. Was just wondering how you guys work? You're not in an office are you? And are there set hours the developers work? How do you hold meetings if you dont have an office? Skype?

No, we don't sit in an office. Since we have kinda multinational team, it wouldn't be even possible. We use IRC/Mumble to hold meetings. Everyone does it's job on its own.

Where did you guys meet?

Said above :)

Chero will you go on a cyber date with me?
I like a woman with leadership capabilities.

No.

How about sticking to serious questions surronding the server, when the crew actually is puting some effort into giving us answers?

I can't answer your question :)

Last edited:
No. I check the bug tracker almost every day. But as stated in your most recent update, progress was going to be made on subjects listed within the progress bar, "we are now focussing on the subjects that are represented there and that means you will finally see it progressing in a very desireable pace." That is why I asked the question, which you responded to "Its kinda sad..etc" I suppose you didnt read the question correctly.

That statement is still true, but you can't expect the bar moving like 1% every day.

Is there any chance whatsoever of this server getting a real wide-scale open test, not just a tiny closed event? I know that your testers manage the bug-finding just fine, but such an event could help greatly in promoting the server, and would increase hype much better than any video (and it's been a long time since we got one) ever could. And a bit of extra hype wouldn't harm Kronos at all, especially now that it's main competitor is rolling out AQ war effort...

As being said in the F.A.Q. page, we might open a public test realm before launch. Right now, we don't plan to do so.

Dear Chero who makes you to spend time on this project ? I mean dont you get bored or tired from it, you need alot of time

Me, myself. Simply, everybody around Kronos loves the original World of Warcraft and that's why are we here, as well as you. I sometimes get bored, even tired, but it's fun :)

What your family says about this?
Nothing.

@Chero : Are you going to play a bit on Kronos as a normal player ?

On Feenix we have to deal with rubberbanding all the time dont matter how well your or the other players latency is. It kills the atmosphere in my opinion and PvP isnt really fun like this. Will the movement on Kronos be fluent?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EVn4GdqBhTA#t=76
As featured in this showcase rubberbanding does not happen anymore. Same goes for teleporting (and/or rubber banding) while under the influence of fear effects (or other effect including a movement generator).
Quite alot movement related bugs were fixed and you can look forward to a fluent game experience.

At this point I would like to point out one of my favorite fixes. Something most people underestimate.
Kronos does not have any kind of screen freezes. Your client will not glitch out into low frames or stop entirely for several seconds. I wouldn't miss it for the world :laugh:

Do you (the Kronos staff) play any other games besides world of warcraft? If so, what games?
As for me, maybe some CS1.6 from time to time or watching WC3 streams. Other then that vanilla wow only.

Been trying to find information when I can on issues in the bug tracker I am familiar with. Are there any sources I should avoid when trying to cite info?
Wowhead comments from patches dated above 1.12 for example.

Do you (the Kronos staff) play any other games besides world of warcraft? If so, what games?

I don't play World of Warcraft anymore :)

Some games I play: CS: GO, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, NFS: Rivals
Anyway, I don't play too often, ain't no time :whistling:

First. Thanks for answering so many questions.
When you say you dont Play Wow, do you just not play retail? Or you wont play Kronos when that comes out either.

I don't play retail and I won't play on Kronos either. First, I don't have that much spare time to spend it on that much gaming, and the second reason is that I know Kronos very well, all its weak parts and so, maybe I would even abuse something while playing, hah :lol: So I won't play :) And now, for me it's boring to play a game that we basically "made".

What sort of numbers do you think would need to have raids on farm in order to unlock the next set of content/raids

there is no number for that, it has to make sense!
we'll keep a close eye on the progressing guilds and their gear, but we also observe the whole population and their progress as well. We can't make any statements like 'BWL coming 4 weeks after first Ragnaros kill' cause it may not make sense for the whole server.
Experience from other projects tells us that we can't allow taking too much time for the next tier of content, cause that creates boredom and can damage trust, but we also can't rush things too quickly because then the journey would be over pretty fast.
We are sure we will find a pleasing pace of content releases.

There are lots of game related questions, so I give you a different one. How old are you guys, and what are your jobs (if any) besides improving Kronos?

Is there anything against anyone exploiting potential exp bugs.

example: Western plaguelands undead that spawn worms that give full exp? Will we even find anything like this at release? What sort of punishment will players face for using these, regardless of whether they report it or not.
Yes of course. One of our main goals to is to get rid of existing or to reduce the amount of possible exploits.
Thanks to our testers who did a good job at finding them or even going so far as to share private exploits with our team so we could fix it.

Punishing a players is always the last resort. How a punishment will look like depends on the severity and impact of his misdemeanor. The range goes from a warning or a short suspension to a life time ban from our service.

My question: how smooth is gryphon and bat flying? I'll explain what details I'm looking for.

on feenix it annoyed me that sometimes when you flew on your gryphon (often in the barrens) you would get an infinity hammer clanking noise or chicken clucking. You would have to disable ambient sounds to stop you from going crazy.

on nos it annoyed me that on connected flypaths there are no smooth paths when you pass other flight hubs. For example if you fly from Ironforge to Westfall it would fly to the SW flight master and look as like it is going to land and then instantly departures again. And when I landed in westfall I got dropped from 20 yards in the air instead of landing on the ground.

In vanilla if you were stuck on a long flight, you could log out, and when you log back on the gryphon would land at the next stop.

Sound bugs were solved long ago. No need to disable ambient sounds.
The gryphon disappears for a split second at nodes. Not sure if that is what you meant. It does not look like a landing to me. Falling from it before the end of your route never happend to me so far.

Chero just send me a link to a Twinhead issue:
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=3254

Sound related question:
I'm playing on other vanilla server just to kill time atm. When (in WSG) someone returns flag but it gets picked up instantly afterwards, there is no alarm sound, its just not overwritten over the sound that declares return of the flag.
This is one of many other examples when there is no sound, where it should be.
Is this the case for whole 1.12.1 or just this particular server and if so will it work properly on Kronos?
Thanks!
This sounds more like a client side issue at first glance. So far we haven't had any reports about this. If you ever have this happen on Kronos please report it on Twinhead. Since there is no test data available that I could refer to I have to say "I don't know".

For Szabinger's question. m/27/engineer.

Quoteing myself as a small reminder.

1. One question per post.
2. The next question answered will be the one directly under our last reply. Please do not spam.

We try to answer your questions as best and fast as we can. Try to stay patient if the last question wasn't answered yet.
Thanks in advance guys.

Let me extend Lara's post a little bit.
will you be working on unreleased raids/tiny missed fixes after launch?
The server will continue to improve even after the release. Let it be scripts for dungeons, raids and quest or game mechanics.
Surely there will be minor bugs left even after launch. They are not forgotten, just delayed.

Would somewhere in February be a realistic estimate of the lauch, or too early?

They aren't going to give a specific date. It's easier to not say anything concrete so that you don't let anyone down if you don't make it.

When they know they'll say, it's in their best interest to let the community know that kind of stuff cause the hype train will go insane.

Top Bottom