• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

American Community Numbers?

Berriliun

Hello all! I am currently VERY interested in this server, and will be planning on playing here once it is released. My only concern is the size of the English speaking, or to narrow it down even more, American playerbase will be small.

I am very new to this project, but I just thought I would ask if anyone else has this concern as well, or maybe even has some information that can put me at ease.

Thanks!

Last time this server was up there were plenty of East Coast Americans, don't think CST should have too many problems to play with Europeans even.

Last time this server was up there were plenty of East Coast Americans

Can you go more in depth to that comment?

Not about the population, but as to what you mean by your statement.
Was the server up at one point? Is there some kind of playable beta? etc..

This server was up before. It didn't have a good population cause it was really unknown to most vanilla players.
This is a relaunch of Kronos, just this time with high advertisement and definetly a good population :wink:

I think most of the non czech/slovak players joined when Kronos opened in dec 2012.
We heard about the server from friends and there was 1 promotion trailer, but that was it as far as advertisement went back then.
We stood in awe when we saw the fantastic quality, which was unlike anything we've ever seen so far.

Chero as well, is the best developer i have ever whitnessed, he fixes issues in notime for what other devs need weeks or even months. Also, he doesnt wait to implement the fixes to bring them in "big patches", instead he implements them as fast as possible and as soon as it's fixed, he doesnt hold it back, which is amazing.

Last time, we the players and the management failed to make it well known.
Now, the team has been increased, they take care of the advertisement and keep developing until it's as close to perfection as it gets before the launch. Knowing how good Kronos was before and hearing that they improve it even further until everything is properly done, i don't see a reason not to start here.
We as the players have to ensure that the advertisement works, dreams will be fulfilled here if people just let themselves be embraced by it (aka, giving this server a chance :shifty:).
All the people who stay on their current servers are the ones to pity if they don't give Kronos a shot, because there really is nothing in comparison on the vanilla landscape.

Last edited:
. My only concern is the size of the English speaking

Just because most countries in EU don't have English has their main tongue, doesn't mean we are incapable of it, as you might notice on the forums.

From Sweden and I think I use English more then Swedish during my days.

Just because most countries in EU don't have English has their main tongue, doesn't mean we are incapable of it, as you might notice on the forums.

From Sweden and I think I use English more then Swedish during my days.
*than

This server is far superior to "ED" which is currently the leading vanilla server.

not to mention "ED" was released while many exploits still existed so a ton of players have 1-50K gold and raids still have bugs that are exploited to skip or get through easier... Kronos on the otherhand is now already far ahead of "ED" in fixes and improvements and is first about to be released.

ED is even planning to introduce p2w where you can buy a full raid set through donation....

try play on ED for 1-6 month's and you will realize how slow they fix stuff and some critical bugs that still havent been fixed, but have long been fixed on Kronos.

Indeed, I deeply regret having wasted so much time leveling on ED. People there are clearing BWL in less than an hour with only t2-gear (record is 42min), that should be proof enough of how ridiculously exploitable the content is. And people do exploit as much as possible, GMs seem to not care at all. I've been accusing guilds of exploiting buff stacking on ED forums lately, also with the hidden agenda to raise awareness of how bugged the server really is. :)

you have to be aware that bwl is released long ago and people farm it every week and get trained to it very good... which means they getting better in raiding and better in gear which boosts time...

I am fully aware of that. Just check the player buffs on any of the speedrun videos and you will see what I mean. Besides:
http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic/7207-aq40-clear-time/
For the record, we used to clear BWL in something like 3h before naxx release.
When Naxx came out we were consistently doing BWL in under 2 hours for comparison.
These guys had been farming BWL for a long time, too, and they had access to better gear. "Under two hours" was the best result I could find.

hm 42 mins is really fast xd
normally razorgore Event +Boss would i say 10min~ , vael should be a fast fight under 3 mins ,lashlayer and room 10mins+^^ each littel Dragon(3) 3-7min, chromagmus huge life armor and ressitance stance should be a long fight 7min+(and if you are unlucky with timelaps more time) , nefarian Event 10min+

just to say all bossfight need self 45 min+^^ y bwl has not so much trashmobs but remember self back fastest run under 2 hours

looks like ED has many broken bugs or they just teleport to Bosses XD

hm 42 mins is really fast xd
normally razorgore Event +Boss would i say 10min~ , vael should be a fast fight under 3 mins ,lashlayer and room 10mins+^^ each littel Dragon(3) 3-7min, chromagmus huge life armor and ressitance stance should be a long fight 7min+(and if you are unlucky with timelaps more time) , nefarian Event 10min+

just to say all bossfight need self 45 min+^^ y bwl has not so much trashmobs but remember self back fastest run under 2 hours

looks like ED has many broken bugs or they just teleport to Bosses XD

Or they using Multihack 1.3 version or ImbaWowHack :biggrin:[h=1][/h]

Or they using Multihack 1.3 version or ImbaWowHack :biggrin:

I can't answer this specifically because I'm in Britain but there was a couple of pvpers from the states and they remained very competitive, so their connection must have been pretty good.

Glad to see my latency will be better than Feenix, just made a test from France to Prague and the result looks quite decent : 90ms :)

From Washington State, West Coast USA, my latency with the Twinstar Ares 2.4.3 BC server was 220. If Kronos is hosted from the same location as the other Twinstar servers, I should be doing okay in playing here.

My biggest concern was with spellcasting, with both normal and instant spells. After some testing I felt that there was only a tiny difference from what I experienced in playing on the old retail Cenarian Circle server, and that my latency and response time is markedly better than what I get from ED server currently.

I feel pretty confident with going into PvP with what my testing showed me.

Last edited:
@ UltraStoat
hey mate, i don't wanna stomp on your feet, cause we are a quite friendly and respecting community here i guess, but on our forums here you write you are interested and you say your ping is acceptable. but i saw you posting on some other server's subreddit (pretty sure it's you) and there you say that it's "meh" and you don't know if it's worth a try.

you know, what's that hypocrisy about ? you can have your opinion about anything, but telling good things here, but bad things somewhere else is pretty "meh" isn't it ? stay true to your real opinion and share that one wherever you are instead of you know "tell whats popular" on the respective forums or whatever.

anyways, hope you're gonna check kronos out anyway and let the server convince you in the game itself. :wink:

Last edited:
sorry i was not talking to you, i was referring to UltraStoat. i didn't quote him

Top Bottom