• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior another newbie question while tanking

Tarinas

Authorized
hello,

since i fell in love
tongue.gif
with tanking with my warrior, i have a question related to 5man dungeons and hunter in party.
Note: i never played hunter.
So last ZF run we have hunter in our party. After pull i noticed that hunters pet overagrroed (my!)mob.
I suppose that pets have some taunt which can be switched on/off - its correct?
So role of hunter in 5man is dps with pets(?) and their taunt ability should be switched on/off?
Or just pets are offtanks? :w00t:
Or its depends on healer? Should healer take care about pets in this case?

And next question is related to enhancement shamans as dps in 5mans. As a tank I noticed amazing burst dmg while they use stormstrike (or what is it) in combination with earthshock.
Uhm, after this while their WF weapon procced too is sometimes difficult to keep mob on me while im tanking.
I remember that earthshock make a threat, iirc its shamans ability for offtanking. Can someone enlighten me?
So is correct to educate enha shamans in my party in this way and recommend to use another shockspell (aka flameshock)?

please be nice, im new :innocent:

Last edited:
Just let the pet tank. Its utterly impossible to get aggro once the pet is on it. Simply ignore the mob.
If the pet dies, pick it up. Usually the pet can offtank mobs just fine though.

If people are taking it too far with nuking I usually wait out and see if they can tank once they over aggroed. Do that a few times and you'll see how fast they can change their playstyle.
Not every tank has good threat or rage management so its the groups responsibility that the tank can keep as many mobs in check as possible.

You also shouldn't care too much about <60 dungeons. Many things change in your favor at 60.

Typical dungeon etiquette is that the hunter should toggle growl (pet taunt) off. It usually grinds the gears of the tank if they leave it on.
Usually at the start of the dungeon politely ask the hunter to make sure to turn it off. Usually that works.

Goodluck!

Top Bottom