• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Another private server falls victim to ...

Dramead

So Wow has been around for a long time now .. Private server have been around almost the same amount of time ... And in that time we still have one major flaw that no private server developer wants to fix.. I mean I'm almost to the point where I think server GM's leave it like this on purpose to get a good laugh.. WTF are you talking about you ask ? The fact that I am sitting in Elywnn Forest with 75 other swinging dicks all trying to click the same wood pile 8X in a row . And said wood pile has a 5 + ish min re-spawn timer.. Come on folks .. Its 2018.. No need for this .. 10 to 15 sec re-spawn on quest items is very appropriate . It takes nothing away from the vanilla experience . If anything the current way takes away from it . Instead of playing through content and enjoying the lore , I'm sitting at this tree with 75 other people , picking my nose and waiting for a virtual wood pile to spawn.. Please fix/adjust the re-spawn timers of quest items..

Oh, you thought dynamic respawn rate would affect object respawn times? How thoughtful. Too bad those in charge didn't think about that ;)

No one is ever satisfied. So much complaining about every little thing. You simply grind mobs while waiting or skip the quest. Those "other 75" people are only hurting themselves.

Listen normally in the game each quest is not necessarily available to complete, and that is all right because quests have a XP reward and extra potential wealth rewards. Now each player is faced with choices at all time to complete any quest or not, if you don't and spend this much "XP gain" killing monsters for example you may get more wealthy and thus stronger by the time you reach the next level. However if you manage your questing paths well you will get nice rewards or extra leveling up speed. So if any quest is unavailable or feels boring to you, you can choose to do something else or to try and complete that quest. Quest items that just respawn instantly which I have seen on kronos transform the quest into basically a non-gameplay moment where you sit on the spot and pick up repeatedly. These quests are meant to have you for example go around or keep the area secure, deal with NPCs, allies and enemy players and fit into the different layers of playing the game. Changing this stuff around breaks pieces of the game, small or big, depends. But the bottom line is, a quest which is not readily available to you fits into the MMO context of the game, you're meant to CHOOSE whether you want to complete it or not, and interact with the surroundings correspondingly. (you can also even choose HOW you want to complete stuff..)

the consequences of such choices set the differences between players in terms of what they get rewarded with and have influence on the economy and basically the interactions out in the world

So Wow has been around for a long time now .. Private server have been around almost the same amount of time ... And in that time we still have one major flaw that no private server developer wants to fix.. I mean I'm almost to the point where I think server GM's leave it like this on purpose to get a good laugh.. WTF are you talking about you ask ? The fact that I am sitting in Elywnn Forest with 75 other swinging dicks all trying to click the same wood pile 8X in a row . And said wood pile has a 5 + ish min re-spawn timer.. Come on folks .. Its 2018.. No need for this .. 10 to 15 sec re-spawn on quest items is very appropriate . It takes nothing away from the vanilla experience . If anything the current way takes away from it . Instead of playing through content and enjoying the lore , I'm sitting at this tree with 75 other people , picking my nose and waiting for a virtual wood pile to spawn.. Please fix/adjust the re-spawn timers of quest items..
I made this quest easily in like 10-15 mins few days ago. If you have problem with overcrowded quest, just do another and come back later or skip it entirely. Most of the overcrowded quests can be easily done in mornings or late nights if you REALLY must do them.

It's not really a matter for me of thinking I MUST do the quest .. For me personally if I had to choose between questing and grinding, I choose questing 100% of the time. Beside it may not pertain to this particular quest but if you skip one quest in an area it may block you from multiple other quests. Some quests are only given after completing the first . Like in a quest chain. I understand that in vanilla grinding is almost unavoidable . So I like to get as many quests done as I can to lighten the grind. I also am not asking for instant respawns on items here . 10 to 15 sec may be a little to over the top. But I see nothing wrong with 45 sec to 1 min .. % min is just to long... TY

Top Bottom