• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Another way of obtaining "Necrotic Runes" on Kronos

Meckieh

Authorized
Hello.

I'm going to go ahead and suggest an unblizzlike feature on Kronos that would make a LOT of people happy:

Please consider, at some point, re-introducing a way of obtaining "Necrotic Runes" on Kronos.

Reasoning
According to Chero, TBC will not hit Kronos untill Kronos3 has caught up. Kronos3 is a "19 months progression server" and is launching in Q2 of 2018. That means TBC on Kronos is nowhere close and is atleast ~22 months away. A lot of people are running out of "Consecrated Sharpening Stone" or "Blessed Wizard Oil" at this point, and I think it's safe to say no one farmed enough for 25~ months of Naxxramas. Doing Naxxramas without these is extremely demoralizing, as they are far superior to their alternatives (in the case of melee-stones atleast). Dont underestimate how valuable these are to a large portion of the playerbase. Kronos has had an influx of new players and a lot of players keep leveling alts; give these an opportunity to get some Necrotic Runes!

Counter-argument
But you could've farmed endlessly, Meckie? Why dont you have 10000x stones? It's not Blizzlike!!! I do have plenty chars with spare stones, and I'm not in danger of running out as it looks right now. I will eventually though. However, a lot of players weren't as prepared and had as much time as I did during the Invasion. There are many, many reasons as to why you'd be running out of stones about now; not having a mage, not realizing this was a one time event, misscalculating how many Naxx-raids one would do etc. etc.. I realize that these are "player mistakes" and it's sort of just "too bad", but Kronos has been known to make countless unblizzlike changes in the past in order to please their players. I feel this is a change that would increase the longevity of Kronos and make the loyal playerbase very happy. A win/win.

Implementation
There are a lot of ways this could be implemented. Here are some suggestions:

1) Bring back the Scourge Invasion for a limited amount of time. This could be done in several ways. Either have it come back a second time for lets say a period of a month, or have several Scourge Invasions (maybe 1 week every month).

2) Have Necrotic Runes drop off trash in Naxxramas.

3) Have Necrotic Runes drop in Stratholme/Scholomance. This would significantly increase the volume of the Stratholme/Scholomance runs on Kronos.

4) Necrotic Runes obtainable via Battleground Marks. This would increase the volume of Battlegrounds on Kronos.

5) Have Necrotic Runes drop off bosses in MC, BWL and AQ40. Could also drop off trash in these raids. It would incentivize going to these raids.

6) Make them obtainable via ingame currency. Implement a vendor/questgiver in LHC selling Stones for gold or other mats.

I hope you will hear me out.

Last edited:
5) Have Necrotic Runes drop off bosses in MC, BWL and AQ40

maybe that would give one extra reason for guilds to run lower content (for the poor souls leveling atm)

It would be pretty awesome if something like this could be implemented

It would also help new players on the server if something like this was implemented, I normally dont like Meckie's idea but this time he's got a point. 25 month naxxramas is not blizzlike either!

Best Regards,
Lucilan, Priest of the Alliance.

Normally i don't like Lucilan's ideas but his idea of liking Meckie's idea seems reasonable.

Best wishes,

3) Have Necrotic Runes drop in Stratholme/Scholomance. This would significantly increase the volume of the Stratholme/Scholomance runs on Kronos.

4) Necrotic Runes obtainable via Battleground Marks. This would increase the volume of Battlegrounds on Kronos.

5) Have Necrotic Runes drop off bosses in MC, BWL and AQ40. Could also drop off trash in these raids. It would incentivize going to these raids.

This! xd genius meckie!

Please add both PvE and PvP way of farming UD Wizard oils/AP stones

Last edited:
Doing Naxxramas without these is extremely demoralizing, as they are far superior to their alternatives (in the case of melee-stones atleast) and many people will quit over it - no question about that
LoL are you for real? Laughable.

Just enjoy while your supply lasts, if you wanna quit after just because you ran out of stones, then good riddance. Don't introduce extra farms.

Based on the suggestions Meckie made, it doesn't seem very much like an additional farm. Having it be a boss/trash drop in raid settings makes it more of just an incidental perk, and if it can be used to revive a bit of common interest in the old raid content, so much the better. Are they a necessity? No, absolutely not. But given the fact that Kronos is now embroiled in a sort of content dead-zone, I think unconventional ways of supporting the remaining community should at least be countenanced. Not to mention the influx of new players levelling a prepping for naxx who I'm sure would enjoy a chance to stock up a few of the stones/oils

Last edited:
LoL are you for real? Laughable.

Just enjoy while your supply lasts, if you wanna quit after just because you ran out of stones, then good riddance. Don't introduce extra farms.

I'm very much for real, Voidzone. You can laugh all you want. It doesn't change reality or facts like some players will quit over running out of stones when progression is over for them. You're entitled to your opinion, and I'll go ahead and quit when I'm out of stones - exactly like all melee in Vanguard will.

Last edited:
Why not revisit special food from Valentine's? or the 10% dmg buff from clearing a camp? or the 3% crit buff from midsummer fires? all your arguments are applicable for these consumes/buffs obtainable at a limited time only.

At this point you can place an npc in front of dungeons to just right click for consumables and raidbuffs tbh.

Hi Theruas now you are comparing one time events to reoccurring events. This is like comparing cats bones to a bigs anus, you see it does not make sense.

Best Regards,
Lucilan, Priest of the Alliance.

Why not revisit special food from Valentine's? or the 10% dmg buff from clearing a camp? or the 3% crit buff from midsummer fires? all your arguments are applicable for these consumes/buffs obtainable at a limited time only.

At this point you can place an npc in front of dungeons to just right click for consumables and raidbuffs tbh.

I'll have my chance to stock up on that food, like I'll have my chance to gain the 3% crit buff. You know, when they become available again as they do every year. As for the Invasion buff, yes, my arguments could apply, but I'll leave it to someone else to try and get that brought back. :)

To my knowledge I did not suggest buffs and consumables should be obtainable from a vendor right outside instances.

While I do not care if such a change will be made or not, I find the argument of "people quitting because they're out of sharpening stones and wizard oils" to be the most ridiculous "argument" I have heard for a long time.

While I do not care if such a change will be made or not, I find the argument of "people quitting because they're out of sharpening stones and wizard oils" to be the most ridiculous "argument" I have heard for a long time.

You don't look a whole lot at your own comment history I'm guessing...

You can only complete the quests for the buff food once per character during a limited timespan and have a limited stock of it.
You can only complete the quests for the UD sharpening stones during a limited timespan and have a limited stock of it.

I agree that my other examples have been hyperboles of your suggestion. I thought you would get the point.

You can only have 50g Respec, you can only have faction appropriate mounts, you can't have tree and fence LoS...

See where I'm going with this?

But muh blizzlike

Blizzlike is dead, age of the fun server cometh

You can only complete the quests for the buff food once per character during a limited timespan and have a limited stock of it.
You can only complete the quests for the UD sharpening stones during a limited timespan and have a limited stock of it.

I agree that my other examples have been hyperboles of your suggestion. I thought you would get the point.

I did not know the buff food worked like that, in that case my arguments do apply - however I’m not gonna be asking for that to return. And I did get your point. I just dont think re-introducing Necrotic Runes is the slippery slope that’ll have people begging for other changes. Kronos been on the slippery slope ever since 5g respec, LoS, Felwood flower, No CD on Onyxia buff, unblizzlike Naxx and I could go on.

I realize that to some the idea of quitting over running out of Stones is absurd, however this is a reality none can change. Players with any competitive sense will be demoralized when their competition has what is equivalent to a World buff over them. Or when they realize it’ll take Them full bis gear to reproduce the Numbers they had with 100 ap Stones. It Might not be the only reason these guys will quit But it sure as hell will be the final nail in the coffin. For me and for many others.

It’s shocking that players like Chainsaw and Voidzone Who happen to be in highly competitive guilds can not acknowledge this fact and try to make it a “ridiculous argument”. If Its so hard to fathom for shit players like Chainsaw, then Lets shift focus on this is a popular suggestion that’ll make A LOT of players happy (Both new and loyal Kronos players) and very few ppl upset. This will not split the server in half like the Naxx buff question did, Its a change without backlash. Furthermore, it has the opportunity to stimulate some server activity depending on how Its brought back.

On phone hence the dumb capitalizations.

Last edited:
If it's really about comparing epeens i suggest saving stones for dmf weeks if it gets introduced in naxx and bribing 2-3 pocket healers.

edit: but to come back to my earlier suggestion of an npc in front of naxx that sells consumes and grants buffs: wouldn't that be a fair solution to the problem?

i guess the only solution then is to have all consecrated stones and blessed wizard oil expire in a month or two so no one can complain about unfair advantages

If only we had over a decade to know the invasion event was limited so we could farm it o_O

What about the + ap/ + SPdmg to undead AD trinkets granting stone drops off of bosses when a player is exalted? Also treating it like a quest item so all players in the party that meet the criteria can loot them.

I would say replace scourgestones at exalted, but that would require significant drop rate reduction.

i guess the only solution then is to have all consecrated stones and blessed wizard oil expire in a month or two so no one can complain about unfair advantages

Maybe all the xp from the x7 event should be reverted atfer a month or two too :)

Top Bottom