• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Another way of obtaining "Necrotic Runes" on Kronos

Bronx language? My lord hide your virgin ears. I guess I will have to go point by point to refute this nonsense.

There is an entire thread loaded with your arguments against a buffed naxx for the general reason that an increase in difficulty would make the raid exclusionary for the more casual player ( ironically enough, practically the complete reverse of your current position on this topic)

Secondly, there was never any increased experience event even remotely resembling a 7x done in retail vanilla. That was simply a marketing ploy to draw people to Kronos, ya gotta do what works. The necrotic runes on the other hand were a specifically designed and implemented feature that was inherently necessary for naxx to come out as desired by blizzard at the time. On Kronos, the overarching desire of its re-implementation was for the overall health of the server and to maintain some semblance of activity within the population.

Every aspect of your argument has seemed to be based around the idea that it was always designed as a one off event and that if you missed it, then well sucks to be you. That is fine in and of itself as a reserved opinion but as a genuine argument as to why this could be a negative for Kronos then it is absolute garbage. The other previously annunciated arguments have been "it's a custom change, therefore not-blizzlike" which is ground that is well trodden over already. So it seems to be that the genuine argument against this does not have a legitimate leg to stand on aside from "I don't want other people to be able to farm as much as I may have."

I think many people, including myself, would agree that just restarting the event and letting it roll would be unfair to those who attempted to farm it during the events actual life-span, with the time contstraint always being in the back of ones mind. This leads me to believe that Brezel's suggestion for both a pvp and pve daily or even weekly quest would be the best method of going about a change like this. Under those circumstances, I cannot rationalize what the downside of this change would ultimately be, and if there is one, then you haven't presented it in any sort of compelling manner.

If pointing out that your argument is deeply flawed and presents no evidence of an adverse impact on the server is uncivilized, then yes I am highly uncivilized.

Last edited:
Conclusion to me: it wouldnt bring any negative effetcs for anyone. Some positive effects such as more activity in general are possible. I also like the idea about giving Bgs a little more value. nothing that ppl who dislike bgs wouldnt be able to get ofc^^

You do realize account sharing is allowed on Kronos right? Even if you don't have a mage, you could have asked a guildy for access to one, and the mage didn't even need that much gear, pre bis was enough for me.

You had all the opportunity in the world to farm these things, next time use your brain instead of begging for custom changes. You deserve to lose to people that thought ahead and farmed stones.

Running this again would be fucking retarded. It was used for power-levelling summon alts more than anything. I know a couple guys who maxed 5+ characters during the event. It was up for a month and everyone knew on day 1 how good the Sharpening Stones were and how they should get their ass in gear and farm them. If you couldn't be bothered to farm them at the time then that's on you.

You do realize account sharing is allowed on Kronos right? Even if you don't have a mage, you could have asked a guildy for access to one, and the mage didn't even need that much gear, pre bis was enough for me.

You had all the opportunity in the world to farm these things, next time use your brain instead of begging for custom changes. You deserve to lose to people that thought ahead and farmed stones.

Thanks for the bump. I'm asking for another custom change. A custom change that can benefit the server in several ways depending on how it's implemented. It does not only benefit the "idiots that didnt use their brain to farm 100000 stones" for 25 months of Naxxramas, but also the ones that have gotten alts to 60 they want to bring into Naxxramas, new players that joined the realm that want to try Naxxramas, and it would stimulate some server activity. Custom changes are what will keep a server alive that plans to be fully progressed for 25 months.

Something being a custom change is not a valid argument for not implementing it here on Kronos. This is not a Blizzlike server - it’s filled with custom changes. So let me ask you, why is this custom change so terrible for you?

Last edited:
If people are concerned about the event itself being abused to power-level or super rep grind alts, then it could be achieved by using Brezel's suggestion of awarding them as a dungeon/pvp daily or even weekly. Or yet another option, if re-instating the event itself on a recurring schedule was the desired route of implementation, could simply be to disable exp/rep from the mobs themselves.

Top Bottom