• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Any information on respawn times and server cap at launch?

Hrkac

I haven't been able to find any info on this.
Are respawn times faster with everyone being the same level?
Will there be a server cap?

I'll be ninja-taggin everything with my hunter!!

Seriously, been there on the two latest fresh realm launches (LH and Elysium), and you can't belive how hard it is to tag boars (horde) or wolves (alliance) when 1000+ players are trying to do the exact same thing, especially as warrior or paladin with no ranged attack. Took me a good hour to complete the initial 'Valley of Trials' quest (kill 10 boars), and when I got there I decided to roll an ally and had the same problem in Elwyn trying to kill wolves...

[edit] Spelling skill to low (glancing blow)
[edit2] +1 Spelling Skill
[edit3] You are feeling tipsy from [Can of Beer]
[edit4] +2 Spelling Skill

Last edited:
Dynamic respawns will be enabled, but they won't be instant. So if you're in a starting area with 150+ players, expect things to take longer no matter what.

Ugh, an hour for one quest in an area where all quests should take less than an hour? I dislike this kind of competition.

Hi, see the new information below.

Q: How will be the player limit handled on launch and in general?

A: The maximum number of online characters will be capped to ensure both stability and playability. At launch, this cap will be less than normal, and will gradually be increased over the span of 1 – 5 hours, at which point the “normal” cap will be achieved. The reason is to avoid overcrowding and gameplay issues by giving players some time to get to the second area of the starting zones before new players join into the initial starting area.

Q: Will Kronos III have dynamic respawns?

A: Yes, on launch we will have dynamic respawns. However, even with hundreds of players in a small zone, do not expect instantaneous respawns of NPCs or quest items.

More information can be found here, www.kronos-wow.com

We're not giving out player cap numbers, but understand that while we are starting on the lower end of our high end cap, we're not going to have a cap that is stupid low (either on low end or high end). As players move out of the starting zone and as we monitor the servers for performance, more spaces will be opened up as quickly as we can.

just a remark, right now seems quest items respawn instantly, I think its off balance and way too fast cause instead of playing the game going around to get stuff you can just sit on one and pick it up multiple times immediately

also regarding server population cap, just got system msg in game saying there had been almost 10K players at peak
does that mean the cap is higher than 10K, so its like there is no cap??

Last edited:
also regarding server population cap, just got system msg in game saying there had been almost 10K players at peak
does that mean the cap is higher than 10K, so its like there is no cap??

Kinda but i think its people dependent so it depends on the queue , if we have a big 5k queue then they slowly raise the ingame pop and if we only have 1k queue then they slowly reduce the ingame pop.

So all in all yes i think we hit 10k in game pop but it also depends how much people the server can hold.

Top Bottom