• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Any way of making CCWatch working 100%?

Myskillkills

Hey!
I'm not into making addons or programming at all, but I've got a living dream........ to have a fully working CCWatch addon for classic.
To start off, it doesn't have all the ccs and debuffs written in. It is optional, as you can edit some or add new ones (even I could manage it).
Secondly, when I looked through some text files with spells I realised that this addon was supposed to have 2 different CC functions: 1 - CC on NPC, 2 - CC on players, where in 1 CCs should'nt have DR and 2nd should, and also CCs lasted different durations (12 sec for PvP), but its not working.
And thirdly - report function doesn't work at all. No matter where you want to try to report a soon ending CC it never says anything in any kind of chats. Is it possible to repair? And like even a bit modified, some kind of:
1. %t is affected by "CC name" for xx seconds (should be 12 sec for 90% of cases)
2. "CC name" fades from %t in 5 sec!
3. "CC name" fades from %t in 3 sec!
4. "CC name" fades from %t in 2 sec!
5. "CC name" fades from %t in 1 sec!
AND in case the target will have CC removed (like being hit while polyd) it will report it in chat, like "CC name" has faded on %t!", but in case it won't be removed untill it lasts up to its full duration it won't be reported, just the seconds thing as I wrote upper.

Any thoughts? Or its not possible due to some reasons?
Anyone is able to do that and want some reward for it maybe? :wub:

Can provide the latest up to date version of this addon, with 3 new spells added and almost all CCs edited to 12 seconds.

Last edited:
I'm working on it: https://github.com/shirsig/CCWatch
fixed the DR a while ago (though the whole DR/heartbeat thing seems kinda bugged on this server, I made some threads about it about a week ago) and now I've added a different look and am in the process of adding icons/school colors for all spells. Also made some other improvements but some things it seems cannot be done perfectly with the vanilla api. one of them is the reapplication of effects (kinda works for those with cast times right now, not for the instants. think dotimer does it for instants too, will have a look at how it does that when I have time)

By the way, what gave you the idea that ccs lasted 12 sec in pvp? Pretty sure those aren't vanilla mechanics. As I understand some spells should potentially last the full duration with a chance to break early due to heartbeat (fear?) but after some testing it seems (for fear in particular) it lasts exactly 10 sec for the first time. and then the second time also lasts 10 sec, which doesn't make much sense. The third is then reduced to 5 sec by DR. So either heartbreak is bugged and reliably breaks the first one too early (which should potentially last up to 20 sec) or the first should last 10 sec but the DR isn't working correctly and it becomes 10/10/5 instead of 10/5/2.5. For sheep on the other hand the DR seems to be fine, and unlike fear (also according to the original code of this addon) sheep does have a different pve and pvp duration.

VBGBwR6.png

Last edited:
That is so sweeet to hear mate! I still remember how did you make that coolline addon, still using it and so thankful!

I'm not even sure about 12 secs, all I know is that yes, sometimes CCs can last their full duration but a chance of it is really small, like there is some kind of 10 secs which should surely be passed after which there is a chance for CCs to fade via heartbeat. Or smth like that? I think we should ask people who can give us some sure information.

Btw, any possibility to have an old texture and color style? It fits me more when I color different kinds of CCs in some special colors, so I know who is stunned, who is CCed, who is rooted without looking at bars even, just seeing the color under my char.

Bit you are the best :wub:

Oh, I didn't even know the color was configurable per spell. I'll add that back once I'm done adding all spell icons. why old texture though? isn't having an icon a huge advantage in any case?

I think the original ccwatch probably already worked correctly for that. most likely the server bug on kronos is simply that heartbeat tends to break the effects too early. This means that for some spells the duration shown for the first application will often be too long (e.g., fear showing 20 sec even if it will usually only last 10) but for the subsequent applications which are reduced by DR it is correct.

As I said, I was coloring exact CCs in exact color (as well with some debuffs, like slows, for example), so its really comfortable according to color. When I will have that kind of textures it will confuse me a bit since it will have more than one color in a bar (like red, if you understand me), so I just want a bare texture with one color, simple and comfortable :p But yes, having icons along with function to color bars in exact color is better!

Btw, if you are planning on implementing the report function (bg, raid or anything else), do you think its possible to color %t text in chat with class color, and maybe the seconds text itself? Like if we see "Priest is affected by Polymorph for xx seconds!" - where Priest is colored in white, and xx colored in blue? So those who look at the chat can see its a priest and also the seconds colored. Would be even more amazing if it was possible to connect some CCs to seconds text, so the xx could be colored in different colors (xx as gray for fear, xx as blue for trap, and like xx as blue for poly, etc)

I'm not 100% sure, but I've never ever seen any of CCs longer than 15 sec (or 12? can't quite remember even) lasting up their full duration on enemies, like... 26 sec freezing trap or 30 sec reckless helm? If some CC had a longer than 15 sec effect it was the same for everything, the same CC time, was it fear, poly, trap, etc.Or what you meant is that fear lasted up exactly 20 sec on enemy but the visual effect disappeared faster, so the CC was 20 sec long in a fact?

It seems the warning has never been fully implemented and even the parts that are there are full of bugs. I'm also not sure if it makes sense for it to be part of this addon. There would be almost no shared functionality. I sort of fixed it but it's just meh.

/ccwatch customcolor on/off can now be used to deactivate the school color and use the color from the config instead.

many changes:
icons have been added for all spells
reapplication now working also for instant spells
reapplication only happens when the spell wasn't resisted, dodged etc. (at the cost of a 0.5 second delay)
multiple instances of the same spell can now be shown
settings were cleaned up a bit (still a lot to do there)
there are now three color settings: /ccw color school /ccw color progress /ccw color custom
custom uses the colors defined in the settings for every spell, progress makes the bar go green -> yellow -> red
also DRs are properly shared now (as far as I know how they should be, haven't found a reliable source yet for vanilla, what should have DRs and what should share them)

Last edited:
In the newest version there are some improvements for pvp which make it worse for pve (but that's unavoidable :(). The issues for pve mainly stem from the fact that it's impossible to uniquely identify an npc if there are multiple ones with the same name.

If you use tracking on the current target only there's a workaround because you can use the unit_aura event to ensure that a combat log really applied to your current target. I've removed that now, so you may get bars from other player's debuffs on mobs with the same name. The problem is target only tracking has some annoying disadvantages. Imagine you're sheeping someone and then switch the target before the cast is finished, you wouldn't get a bar.

Another issue is that it is impossible to reliably tell if a spell is being casted on a player or npc, which is why I'm now using pvp durations and diminishing returns at all times.

There is a way to reliably solve both those issues which dotimer implements. It requires to use the mechanism for all tracking which I only use for refreshing effects, not for the first application. The disadvantage of that, though, is that it requires adding a delay before showing the bars (about 0.5 seconds) and it only works for your own casts.

The way the current tracking works is as follows: There are two modes, tracking everything within combat log range and tracking recent targets. Note that the addon will always track everything in the background anyway and this only affects what's shown. this is necessary to correctly handle DRs and reapplications. Recent targets currently means targeted within 30 seconds. Also, for the recent target tracking, when you target something new it will also show the debuffs that were already tracked but not shown on that target. Basically you would always want to use recent targets except maybe when doing solo open pvp or something, or otherwise your screen will be immediately full of bars, especially if you use a 200yd combat log range.

I'll probably eventually make the recent target window configurable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom