• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Appeal + Suggestion

FiveBoosters

First of all, I understand that it is challenging to keep hardcore players interested in already experienced / released game content. Likewise, opening a new fresh realm can be a good marketing tool to attract new players. These are two factors speak in favor of opening K3.

Nonetheless, this is neither a novel nor (IMHO) a good idea, around two years ago you launched K2, which drained the population of K1 until it became a ghost town; and generated months of complains requesting a solution. Fortunately, the realms were merged only a few months ago into K1+2 (nowadays K1), mitigating the population issue, but it did not come without a cost.

Based on this previous experience, I would like to ask you to please reconsider opening K3 and to keep the player-base in one realm. Bare in mind that the population of K1+2 is still recovering, and a fresh realm will not only deprive it from any population renewal (i.e., newcomers tend to choose fresh realms), but also steal many of its players as well. Organize an in-game poll yes/no about K3 and see it for yourselves.

If you choose anyway to embrace this rinse and repeat business model for Kronos Project, then please put it on the open for the players to make an informed choice where to invest their time:

- Establish K1+2 as the trunk version of Kronos Project.
- Create every 24 months a new branch with a 18 month content release schedule.
- Merge the population of the branch with the core version at the end of each 24 month cycle.
- Drop long-term plans for Kronos TBC and articulate a PTE between the trunk version and Ares, where max level characters (i.e., 60) could be transferred with a small fee using a template (e.g., D1 gear + 50 gold + 4x bags + mount + professions).

These are my humble thoughts aiming to make Kronos the best legacy server. Feel free to constructively share your opinions about them. Cheers!

TL;DR: Please, don't split the community again!

I see your point as the server isn't that busy as it is. As a new player however I'm excited to start fresh with raids progressing on K3.

If K3 wasn't coming I'd have to find a guild that is new also, which isn't impossible as I've seen a couple advertising. What would I do after a couple of years though?

The whole point of transfering your current chars to any TBC realm is that you can level with your own vanilla gear in the first place. If you transfer my paladin with d1 gear and 50g to Ares, why wouldn't I just make a fresh Ares char? It's a pointless suggestion. TBC prep has started in the past already with K1/K2 and with K3 it gives even all new players time to level a char, or get their chars ready for TBC, gold and gearwise. I detest people trying to handicap or ruin the transition to TBC by essentially destroying everyone's char/bank/gold.

Ares leveling is already frustrating in that you cannot instance level with the gear you get, which is is just annoying and unblizzlike since everyone was in at least tier1/2 when TBC actually came out.

A choice has to be made somewhere; delay or cancel K3 and some other fresh server will magically rise up to take every player (I doubt it would do K1 any good at this point, slowly people are quitting anyway it's only a matter of time) _orrrrrr_ Release K3 and K1 will die faster (1 Mc per week means ppl can still easily do naxx though on K1 at the start) but will make sure Twinstar gets a huge playerbase ready for the future, especially with the 'other' realm failing again (who would've thought eh)

The bigger k3 is at this point the more chance we have Kronos TBC will succeed which is the next step for people anyway, you will get your K1 chars when it does release so you might want to look at K1 from now on as raiding to get good leveling gear (leveling with ashbringer yay) for TBC while you get to relax with only MC/BWL on K3 weekly and raid on the other faction meanwhile for a change.

K2 together with K1 was problematic because K1 wasn't even close to done progression wise. Right now K1 is though, the playerpool who actually want to farm naxx for 2 years is rather small I imagine, better retain the playerbase (and increase it at least twofold) by having everyone play on K3 for the TBC development period, and get a lot of new bodies in. Because twinstar sure needs more players, I'm so sick of every single guild feeling the same since they all have the same 5/10 mercenaries playing in them.

Obviously K1 will continue to lose players regardless of whether or not K3 is released and like Void said, it's better that they're lost unto another Kronos server than any other competitor out there. Besides, it's been what, now three years since K1 released and its development cycle is pretty much over, so it's only natural that people want to play on a server where, if you jump into a battleground, you don't get immediatedly sluaghtered by Tier 2 (or even Tier 3) wearing maniacs.

However, I do think there's some merit to allowing transfers between Kronos 1 and Ares, while at the same continuing to work on Kronos TBC. In the end, I reckon it comes down to preference. It's not always about gear. Some people (including myself) just want the option of continuing into TBC with the same character we've played with during Vanilla, even if it means that our gear will be either greatly diminished as FiveBoosters suggest or stripped all together. It has something to do with making the game linear, ya know, you finish all of the raids in Vanilla and then when you're done with that, you continue into TBC and then into WotLK, sorta like an old school arcade game. Besides, you could still get to keep things like reputation, titles, mounts, etc.

Now, of course, I understand that this will happen eventually, but if indeed we're talking years down the road, I can definitely understand why a lot of K1 players might be pretty frustrated. It's certainly not very Blizzlike to have an 18-months long gap between Naxxramas and TBC or even longer. Allowing such a transfer in the near foreseeable future, while at the same time opening Kronos 3 in a couple of months, seems to be the superior option for everyone.

Also, I think, if Twinstar actually did implement something like this, not only would K1 attract more players, but so would Ares, Hyperion, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any other private server group out there offers PTE in a such way. And it's not like there'll be no one left for Kronos TBC, as you'll still have everyone from K3 as well as all of the people from K1 who'll opt to stay on K1 because they don't want to lose their Ashbringer, Atiesh and so on. And then, of course, newcomers and people from Ares who've finished that realm's cycle and like the people flocking to K3, wants to start anew.

The pivotal word here is voluntarily. If you can't see yourself continuing into TBC without Tier 1 or Tier 2, then you can stay on K1 and farm Naxx for 18 more months or however long it takes for Kronos TBC to get released. This way no one will be forced to lose their gear if they want to play TBC. This would simply be an option for people who don't feel like that or who can't see themselves farming Naxx till kingdom come. Now I don't know if indeed such a transfer is technically feasible but if is indeed in any way possible, I do think it's pretty much a win-win for both K1 and for Ares.

Yes, K1 will lose some players to Ares (although chances are that K1 will lose a lot of those players anyway), but it will also attract a lot of newcomers who want to play through Vanilla (enjoy the raids and the questing experience on a Kronos core) and then when they feel they're ready (be it in 3, 6 or 9 months from now, depending on how long it takes them to clear however much they want) they'll have the option of continuing into TBC. It's not exactly alluring rolling a new character on a realm where everything is cleared and the next expansion won't be released for 1½ year, but if indeed that realm offered PTE at your convenience, well then that's another story all together.

Last edited:
I see your point as the server isn't that busy as it is. As a new player however I'm excited to start fresh with raids progressing on K3.

If K3 wasn't coming I'd have to find a guild that is new also, which isn't impossible as I've seen a couple advertising. What would I do after a couple of years though?

As it is happening right now in K1+2, it is to be expected that a fraction of the player base gets constantly renewed with newcomers, like you, or with alt characters from existing players, which maintain alive the lower zones and instances. I believe that these are important factors to keep the player-base in a healthy state for many years to come. Splitting Kronos community would damage this cycle because the player-base seems to be not big enough to sustain two healthy realms.

The whole point of transfering your current chars to any TBC realm is that you can level with your own vanilla gear in the first place. If you transfer my paladin with d1 gear and 50g to Ares, why wouldn't I just make a fresh Ares char? It's a pointless suggestion. TBC prep has started in the past already with K1/K2 and with K3 it gives even all new players time to level a char, or get their chars ready for TBC, gold and gearwise. I detest people trying to handicap or ruin the transition to TBC by essentially destroying everyone's char/bank/gold.

Ares leveling is already frustrating in that you cannot instance level with the gear you get, which is is just annoying and unblizzlike since everyone was in at least tier1/2 when TBC actually came out.

A choice has to be made somewhere; delay or cancel K3 and some other fresh server will magically rise up to take every player (I doubt it would do K1 any good at this point, slowly people are quitting anyway it's only a matter of time) _orrrrrr_ Release K3 and K1 will die faster (1 Mc per week means ppl can still easily do naxx though on K1 at the start) but will make sure Twinstar gets a huge playerbase ready for the future, especially with the 'other' realm failing again (who would've thought eh)

The bigger k3 is at this point the more chance we have Kronos TBC will succeed which is the next step for people anyway, you will get your K1 chars when it does release so you might want to look at K1 from now on as raiding to get good leveling gear (leveling with ashbringer yay) for TBC while you get to relax with only MC/BWL on K3 weekly and raid on the other faction meanwhile for a change.

K2 together with K1 was problematic because K1 wasn't even close to done progression wise. Right now K1 is though, the playerpool who actually want to farm naxx for 2 years is rather small I imagine, better retain the playerbase (and increase it at least twofold) by having everyone play on K3 for the TBC development period, and get a lot of new bodies in. Because twinstar sure needs more players, I'm so sick of every single guild feeling the same since they all have the same 5/10 mercenaries playing in them.

The post merely opens a discussion of PTE alternatives starting with a "template" suggestion (i.e., you would get to keep both characters), which I assume is easy to implement in the short-term and minimizes the impact of character transfer on already existing realms. Starting TBC from scratch is definitively not the same to me that doing it with a 60 LVL character with gear + professions + few extras. Honestly, if you are expecting a PTE where the characters are "cloned" from one realm to the next, then do not wait for it standing, as it could never happen or, at the least, not any time soon™.

It is puzzling to me that you claim to be very attached to your characters and simultaneously advocate for a death blow to the realm where they are located. Especially when you state that K3 most likely will drain K1+2, as it happened before with K1 and K2 (or even faster). Would you consider leveling alt and/or twink characters while keeping old characters alive, instead of starting completely over and trapping your characters in a ghost town? Also, what makes you think that a huge amount of players will abandon their progression on other projects that are quite alive and have a bigger player-base?

Obviously K1 will continue to lose players regardless of whether or not K3 is released and like Void said, it's better that they're lost unto another Kronos server than any other competitor out there. Besides, it's been what, now three years since K1 released and its development cycle is pretty much over, so it's only natural that people want to play on a server where, if you jump into a battleground, you don't get immediatedly sluaghtered by Tier 2 (or even Tier 3) wearing maniacs.

However, I do think there's some merit to allowing transfers between Kronos 1 and Ares, while at the same continuing to work on Kronos TBC. In the end, I reckon it comes down to preference. It's not always about gear. Some people (including myself) just want the option of continuing into TBC with the same character we've played with during Vanilla, even if it means that our gear will be either greatly diminished as FiveBoosters suggest or stripped all together. It has something to do with making the game linear, ya know, you finish all of the raids in Vanilla and then when you're done with that, you continue into TBC and then into WotLK, sorta like an old school arcade game. Besides, you could still get to keep things like reputation, titles, mounts, etc.

Now, of course, I understand that this will happen eventually, but if indeed we're talking years down the road, I can definitely understand why a lot of K1 players might be pretty frustrated. It's certainly not very Blizzlike to have an 18-months long gap between Naxxramas and TBC or even longer. Allowing such a transfer in the near foreseeable future, while at the same time opening Kronos 3 in a couple of months, seems to be the superior option for everyone.

Also, I think, if Twinstar actually did implement something like this, not only would K1 attract more players, but so would Ares, Hyperion, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any other private server group out there offers PTE in a such way. And it's not like there'll be no one left for Kronos TBC, as you'll still have everyone from K3 as well as all of the people from K1 who'll opt to stay on K1 because they don't want to lose their Ashbringer, Atiesh and so on. And then, of course, newcomers and people from Ares who've finished that realm's cycle and like the people flocking to K3, wants to start anew.

The pivotal word here is voluntarily. If you can't see yourself continuing into TBC without Tier 1 or Tier 2, then you can stay on K1 and farm Naxx for 18 more months or however long it takes for Kronos TBC to get released. This way no one will be forced to lose their gear if they want to play TBC. This would simply be an option for people who don't feel like that or who can't see themselves farming Naxx till kingdom come. Now I don't know if indeed such a transfer is technically feasible but if is indeed in any way possible, I do think it's pretty much a win-win for both K1 and for Ares.

Yes, K1 will lose some players to Ares (although chances are that K1 will lose a lot of those players anyway), but it will also attract a lot of newcomers who want to play through Vanilla (enjoy the raids and the questing experience on a Kronos core) and then when they feel they're ready (be it in 3, 6 or 9 months from now, depending on how long it takes them to clear however much they want) they'll have the option of continuing into TBC. It's not exactly alluring rolling a new character on a realm where everything is cleared and the next expansion won't be released for 1½ year, but if indeed that realm offered PTE at your convenience, well then that's another story all together.

A fraction of the player-base is constantly renewed regardless of the game content release schedule and diving it may not be a good idea taking into account the size of Kronos Project. You make a good point regarding the issue of over-geared realms for end-game PvP, but as far as I know it is not the case for twink PvP. I do not have enough information to judge if end-game PvP in K1+2 suffers from it. I do see many lower dungeon instances and early raids in world/guild chat that argue for a very healthy PvE.

The idea of having a "template" PTE to Ares until (if ever) a "cloned" PTE to Kronos TBC happens is quite reasonable. I completely agree on the fact that having a "template" PTE among all expansions supported by TwinStar would be a unique feature that other projects advertised, but failed to deliver so-far.

I for one will not spend any more time and effort on my main or alts for a realm that will die in a couple of months. Why would I? I also will not be starting all over again... I guess I'm done here and it really breaks my heart. I've been here for a long time and I love it here but I don't want to be stuck starting over again and again. I have so many hours invested into my main and alts with level, gear and professions. I'm not doing this again.

I for one will not spend any more time and effort on my main or alts for a realm that will die in a couple of months. Why would I? I also will not be starting all over again... I guess I'm done here and it really breaks my heart. I've been here for a long time and I love it here but I don't want to be stuck starting over again and again. I have so many hours invested into my main and alts with level, gear and professions. I'm not doing this again.
See you on Kronos TBC in 2 years?

They're not cancelling K3 because they decided to make K3, simple as this. Of course, there're downsides; of course, K1 dies faster this way. But there're also upsides, like an almost guaranteed influx of new players to K3 due to good timing. If we're lucky, they'll build a strong foundation for KTBC.

For transfer for Ares: those who wanted have "transferred" already. I doubt a "PTE" to instant 60 realm with (arguably) more bugs in its core is appealing to a substantial amount of people.

It is really a pity that Kronos Project is losing players by making a completely unnecessary design choice.

See you on Kronos TBC in 2 years?

They're not cancelling K3 because they decided to make K3, simple as this. Of course, there're downsides; of course, K1 dies faster this way. But there're also upsides, like an almost guaranteed influx of new players to K3 due to good timing. If we're lucky, they'll build a strong foundation for KTBC.

For transfer for Ares: those who wanted have "transferred" already. I doubt a "PTE" to instant 60 realm with (arguably) more bugs in its core is appealing to a substantial amount of people.

Unfortunately, the staff moved ahead to launch K3 at the end of March 2018. They did not learn the lesson of population issues from the K1 and K2 experience. IMHO, it is a mistake because K1+2 is quite healthy at the moment and Kronos Project does not have a player-base big enough to keep two realms in good shape. The imminent sacrifice of an entire realm is not really justified and, like it happened in the past, splitting the community cannot lead to anything good. Unless you want to start over from scratch, there are no upsides.

What evidence do you have to sustain that K3 will have a significant influx of new players? I expect it will steal most of its players from the existing realm and receive a small amount newcomers that would have joined Kronos Project anyway.

About KTBC, most likely you are in for a disappointment, as I doubt it will ever see the light of the day. It is clearly a carrot on a stick.

Last edited:
IF KTBC happens, and IF they let me transfer my toons the way they are now or will be when this goes live or K1 gets shut down then yes I will. If I have to start with an instant 60 with no gear, money or professions, then no. I tried Ares and did not care for it with all its bugged instances, quests and grinding professions from 0. Not doing that again either. I like character progression, for all my characters. More like account progression. What I don't like is starting over and over again. I don't buy characters, I develop them for my use and enjoyment.

What evidence do you have to sustain that K3 will have a significant influx of new players? I expect it will steal most of its players from the existing realm and receive a small amount newcomers that would have joined Kronos Project anyway.
Elysium is my evidence. No matter how you fuck up, how exposed your corruption is, you can lose the whole project - then launch a fresh server and enjoy the populated server.

Of course, each server is a different story, and we'll see how it goes with K3. But I think you underestimate the potential of a well-timed fresh server.
About KTBC, most likely you are in for a disappointment, as I doubt it will ever see the light of the day. It is clearly a carrot on a stick.
Probably. But I kind of trust Kronos admins after all these years. If Chero and the others keep up the great work, KTBC will happen eventually.

Elysium is my evidence. No matter how you fuck up, how exposed your corruption is, you can lose the whole project - then launch a fresh server and enjoy the populated server.

Of course, each server is a different story, and we'll see how it goes with K3. But I think you underestimate the potential of a well-timed fresh server.

Probably. But I kind of trust Kronos admins after all these years. If Chero and the others keep up the great work, KTBC will happen eventually.

It is true that despite the corruption scandal of Elysium and further division into Light's Hope some people favored this server's new realm to their old ones. However, the population statistics show that is only a fraction from their entire player-base [1, 2] and it only worked out because it was massive. Although there are no published population statistics (shame), I would estimate that Kronos Project's player-base is considerably smaller and would not be able to support two healthy realms (e.g., the story of K1 and K2).

Besides, why do you think the planned launch date is such a good timing? Elysium players started a fresh progression few months ago and, based on these population statistics, its is very unlikely that Light's Hope players will leave their current progression. Honestly, I would not bet on a huge amount of players from other projects coming to K3, unless they shutdown their realms (e.g., the story of Nostalrius and K2).

Last edited:
Besides, why do you think the planned launch date is such a good timing?
Because Blizz announcement has attracted a lot of newcomers to private servers, so fresh is in demand. LH is "old", Elysium is very corrupt (and no longer SO fresh).

You speak like only some special "Kronos Project's player-base" plays on Kronos, but people come and go. There's no way to tell how many of, say, Elysium's fresh players played old Elysium/LH, how many of them played Nost, how many of them played Kronos, how many of them never player a (Vanilla) private server before.

I understand your concerns, and some of them are legit, but I'm still optimistic about K3 : ) We'll know in 2 months.

I see your point, but personally I just want to play a fresh Vanilla server and don't really care about population.
As others have said, there's a lof Vanilla excitement right now with the announcement of Classic so I bet we'll see a decent pop.
I trust Chero and Twinstar to make it good.

@topic:

- pls make black lotus bop until the respective patch
- 50g respec

Why I am suggesting this? To decrease Inflation from the very beginning and to get a more blizzlike feeling of the game. Stocking up on BL for the rest of your life because it is cheap in the beginning should not be possible and respeccing for every dungeon and BG is very different to how wow felt back in the days.

Because Blizz announcement has attracted a lot of newcomers to private servers, so fresh is in demand. LH is "old", Elysium is very corrupt (and no longer SO fresh).

You speak like only some special "Kronos Project's player-base" plays on Kronos, but people come and go. There's no way to tell how many of, say, Elysium's fresh players played old Elysium/LH, how many of them played Nost, how many of them played Kronos, how many of them never player a (Vanilla) private server before.

I understand your concerns, and some of them are legit, but I'm still optimistic about K3 : ) We'll know in 2 months.

I refer to "Kronos Project's player-base" as the current people that play in Kronos Project, nothing special or anything else. I take past experience with new realms in Kronos (i.e., the story of K1 and K2) and other project statistics into account [1, 2]. Both of these are concrete evidence, no speculation, that K3 is a terrible omen for K1+2 and, so-far, I did not hear any sensible argument speaking otherwise, but only hopes and wishful thinking.

I see your point, but personally I just want to play a fresh Vanilla server and don't really care about population.
As others have said, there's a lof Vanilla excitement right now with the announcement of Classic so I bet we'll see a decent pop.
I trust Chero and Twinstar to make it good.

I see you joined Kronos Project long time ago. Would you still continue to play in K1+2 if the staff does not release K3?

Last edited:
I too initially wanted to stay on kronos 1. I had 0 naxx exp. going into it and couldn't believe how much fun it was. And I am still enjoying it now. However, private servers do have a life span and father time is undefeated. We have already seen established guilds die left and right. And I personally would stay on k1 if there are still people playing there and what not, but as of now this does not seem to be the case.

So why is k3 a good idea? Well with the announcement of classic servers a lot of people want to enjoy that fresh start experience all over again believe it or not. As someone mentioned above me pvp gets kinda lack luster with t3 content as well as people continue to get one shot and what not. You can properly peel do all this until a t3 msa rogue opens up on your fc and kills them in cheapshot. Only so much you can do. And to be honest the pvp scene on kronos was never THAT good. It had it peaks moment (I cant speak for k2), but x7 event it was a lot of fun and after the merge it was fun as well.

People do really enjoy that fresh start and a lot of retail players are interested in it as well as I have talked to a lot of them in their discords. What is the point for those players to role on a established server like k1? They won't get that progression like exp. that they want unless they get to join a fresh start.

I refer to "Kronos Project's player-base" as the current people that play in Kronos Project, nothing special or anything else. I take past experience with new realms in Kronos (i.e., the story of K1 and K2) and other project statistics into account [1, 2]. Both of these are concrete evidence, no speculation, that K3 is a terrible omen for K1+2 and, so-far, I did not hear any sensible argument speaking otherwise, but only hopes and wishful thinking.

I see you joined Kronos Project long time ago. Would you still continue to play in K1+2 if the staff does not release K3?

I will probably always play on K1 as long as it's around, just like I will probably always play retail. I have sentimental attachment to my characters and the friends I've made there.

That being said, I plan on making a new home on K3. I love the idea of everyone starting out fresh and going through the content releases.

I take past experience with new realms in Kronos (i.e., the story of K1 and K2) and other project statistics into account [1, 2]. Both of these are concrete evidence, no speculation, that K3 is a terrible omen for K1+2 and, so-far, I did not hear any sensible argument speaking otherwise, but only hopes and wishful thinking.
You might be right, but you can't always estimate the future with the past well : ) Your opinion and concern make sense, but they're nothing but speculations - not better than mine and Chero's. In particular,
It is true that despite the corruption scandal of Elysium and further division into Light's Hope some people favored this server's new realm to their old ones. However, the population statistics show that is only a fraction from their entire player-base [1, 2] and it only worked out because it was massive.
see how it falls into speculations in the end? Yes, Ely has less players than before, but who knows why? Because it was massive, as you say? Or maybe because it was fresh? Because it was timed well (whatever "well" means)? Because they ran enough bots in the beginning to get a "populated enough" reputation (again, whatever it means)?
I don't have time to play much nowadays sadly, so I'm neutral to K3 as a player. As a Kronos fan, I understand the logic behind the decision to open K3, and your logic too. There's no way to tell who is right at the moment. But I'm repeating myself now.

Release honor system without BG for 1-2 Months, #TarrenMill #wplambush retail-like
Pretty sure it would be the best months ever on a private vanilla server.

I do think black lotus change and plaguebloom change should stay. It is really nice. I don't see why not to keep it the way it is other than "blizzlike". Although it won't be as bad to have black lotus normal since multi-boxing wont make it cancer.

I too initially wanted to stay on kronos 1. I had 0 naxx exp. going into it and couldn't believe how much fun it was. And I am still enjoying it now. However, private servers do have a life span and father time is undefeated. We have already seen established guilds die left and right. And I personally would stay on k1 if there are still people playing there and what not, but as of now this does not seem to be the case.

So why is k3 a good idea? Well with the announcement of classic servers a lot of people want to enjoy that fresh start experience all over again believe it or not. As someone mentioned above me pvp gets kinda lack luster with t3 content as well as people continue to get one shot and what not. You can properly peel do all this until a t3 msa rogue opens up on your fc and kills them in cheapshot. Only so much you can do. And to be honest the pvp scene on kronos was never THAT good. It had it peaks moment (I cant speak for k2), but x7 event it was a lot of fun and after the merge it was fun as well.

People do really enjoy that fresh start and a lot of retail players are interested in it as well as I have talked to a lot of them in their discords. What is the point for those players to role on a established server like k1? They won't get that progression like exp. that they want unless they get to join a fresh start.

I agree with you on the motivations to open K3, but I do not think is a good idea due to the current size of Kronos Project's player-base. The past experience of this server opening realms suggests that K1+2 most likely will become a ghost town. Furthermore, the population changes due to internal issues in other servers and the current state of progression of their realms do not indicate that K3 would receive a huge amount of external players. Consequently, I consider that the sacrifice of an entire realm is not necessary to attract new players; and a compromise solution for hardcore, casual, and new players is to keep one single realm until it overcomes the 5K population threshold.

Like I mention before, an over-geared realm could make end-game PvP frustrating for fresh blood. Keep in mind that this happens in the end to any realm with time. However, it is definitively not the case for twink PvP and it could encourage end-game PvE.

IMHO, it should be taken into consideration what the majority of K1+2 players think about the launch of K3 through an in-game poll.

I will probably always play on K1 as long as it's around, just like I will probably always play retail. I have sentimental attachment to my characters and the friends I've made there.

That being said, I plan on making a new home on K3. I love the idea of everyone starting out fresh and going through the content releases.

Thank you for the honest feedback. I conclude that you would stay in Kronos Project whether K3 launches or not.

You might be right, but you can't always estimate the future with the past well : ) Your opinion and concern make sense, but they're nothing but speculations - not better than mine and Chero's. In particular,

see how it falls into speculations in the end? Yes, Ely has less players than before, but who knows why? Because it was massive, as you say? Or maybe because it was fresh? Because it was timed well (whatever "well" means)? Because they ran enough bots in the beginning to get a "populated enough" reputation (again, whatever it means)?

I don't have time to play much nowadays sadly, so I'm neutral to K3 as a player. As a Kronos fan, I understand the logic behind the decision to open K3, and your logic too. There's no way to tell who is right at the moment. But I'm repeating myself now.

I do not claim to know what will happen in the future, as that is impossible, but I base my opinions on facts and not on hand-wavy arguments.

Last edited:
I am a new player waiting for K3. I do understand the disapointment in the effect that K3 will have. But from my point of view i would stay with my 2 60s on Lights hope if i only hade K1 to chose from. I am changeing because.
1. K3 are fresh
2. LH are corrupt awell how much they deny it. They knew what whas happening on Elysium. I stayde because of no option.
3. I seen alot of k1 and must say quality K1>LH by far. Some things works better on LH like pathing imo. But over all Kronos are better. So big hopes for K3.

And a sad news is that K1 would probebly die even if K3 wouldent come out. Few people want to start fresh on a server were alot already have naxgear. And players in nax gear get tierd of nothing to do tbh.

I am a new player waiting for K3. I do understand the disapointment in the effect that K3 will have. But from my point of view i would stay with my 2 60s on Lights hope if i only hade K1 to chose from. I am changeing because.
1. K3 are fresh
2. LH are corrupt awell how much they deny it. They knew what whas happening on Elysium. I stayde because of no option.
3. I seen alot of k1 and must say quality K1>LH by far. Some things works better on LH like pathing imo. But over all Kronos are better. So big hopes for K3.

And a sad news is that K1 would probebly die even if K3 wouldent come out. Few people want to start fresh on a server were alot already have naxgear. And players in nax gear get tierd of nothing to do tbh.

Welcome to Kronos Project. I am glad you find the quality of this server better than its competitors.

The fear of K1+2 being an over-geared realm is bloated and unfounded. The fact that all raids are open since a few months does not imply all end-game characters are BiS geared and leveling characters are a no-go. PvE wise there are 0 calls in world chat about Naxxramas raids and a lot about low level instances. PvP wise there are quite enjoyable end-game battlegrounds with many pre-raid and a handful well geared characters, and an increasing amount of twink battlegrounds popping up mostly during the weekend.

K1+2 would die only because K3 is being released and Kronos Project simply does not have a player-base big enough to keep two realms healthy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom