• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Are non favorite classes/specs that bad? Torn between what to pick.

thejarljarl

Everywhere I read that certain classes and specs are way better then others, and you won't get into a raid with this and that. Only Warrior for MT, prot pally is useless, only one ench shaman each raid, everyone will play mage/rogue/warrior/warlock, hybrid dps is worthless, only 1 good spec for each class for raising etc etc.

So I'm just trying to find the class that I can have the most fun with, but I don't want to be useless or unable to raid or pvp because something I play is completely ratsass.

Currently I like the idea of mage, but dont want to be 1 of 10k mages. Also Hunter is interesting, and is usuakly my main, but heard only 3 hunters per raid and their damage is bad. Prot pally looks cool, coz I like the idea of farming big groups, but only holy is viable? I kinda want to have the ability to heal or tank if I want, but what's the point if someone will take that class? A bit demotivating. Also considering Warlock because they can solo similar to Hunter.

So is everything as bad as people are making it to be. Won't I enjoy a nonflavor popular spec? I like to farm and grind lots of mobs or do things no other class can, solo elites etc. Farming gold in one way or another that most other classes can't. Will I still be able to perform in raids if I choose for instance ret/prot pally or BM hunter, etc?

So what would you suggest that id play? I want to play something I can really have lots of fun, but still not be useless in raids, pvp and wpvp.

Druid is the thing you're looking for.
Less played class of Vanilla and insanely good for solo PVE, farming, outdoors elites...
[As healer] People will love you no matter what and you'll have your place 100% guaranteed in any raid, where you'll be showered in tier loots.

You'll be an absolute lifetime victim if you choose another spec, and particulary in PVP tough.

Druid is the thing you're looking for.
Less played class of Vanilla and insanely good for solo PVE, farming, outdoors elites...
[As healer] People will love you no matter what and you'll have your place 100% guaranteed in any raid, where you'll be showered in tier loots.

You'll be an absolute lifetime victim if you choose another spec, and particulary in PVP tough.

So only resto druid will be decent? How is feral or bomkin?

Feral Druid is for solo PVE, farming, outdoors elite and tanking 5 mans, taking WSG flags.
Resto Druid is for raiding.

Rest isn't considered competitive by a whole.

feral druid is very good in pvp as well as moonkin
resto is probably very good in pvp too
pretty much all specs of druid are good

Define 'good'.

DPS, utility, FC, heals?

Basically viable. Can they outplay and win vs the more popular classes in pvp. Or keep their own in pve with good effort? Because it sounds like some classes and specs are good while rest is trash and not worth playing.

imo both feral and moonkin are good in pvp
until you get to 40 you might be only balance, then you can be balance/feral for example so you're not just moonkin
if you play moonkin well it is strong in pvp
as moonkin you are maybe weaker to mage or warlock (not by a lot since your spells are stronger) but stronger to rogues shaman or warriors for example, but its quite strong, just don't stay in moonkin all the time its meant to be played using the other stuff too
also moonkin is strong against feral druid
against hunter you can be +360% armored while casting roots or hibernate + moonfire for example. imagine you open with some spell behind close to him and then get to hibernate his pet throw a moonfire back to caster rejuv then go bear for example. that would be if you get close to him but you do have your invisible catform or shadowmeld for that, for example
it doesn't look like any spec is trash to me in the game, i think sometimes some people say that but its just not true, it depends what you are going to do with your character and your items.. out there in wpvpve everything has its own perks pretty much
for example ppl who think about raid dps sometimes would say moonkin is bad because it can't do as much dps as mage. (do their +3% crit auras not stack?). but if you're not getting melee hits and you're not using any other than balance spells you are not using the full potential of your druid. If you get that moonkin out of that 1 predefined role then it has a lot more potential. idk if its even true that moonkin suck in raid (what if you burn your mana dealing lot of damage in moonkin then switch to cat and off dps? + throw innervate on you or someone else, for example. what if you build it with a lot of spirit, etc), cause i dont do raids, i just would say make your own judgement on talents and things looking at stats make your own playstyles and dont be afraid to experiment~

Last edited:
Top Bottom