• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Arena Tournaments

Hagart

Authorized
In trying to improve the PvP experience of Kronos, I, Naawani, Sentinel of the Silverwing Army, decided to bring about a few events and more. To know about the full initiative, check this post: https://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/117353-Quest-and-PvP-Events

This thread, however, is about the first Arena Tournament to take place in this initiave. It will be a very simple and straightforward event. It will take place on Thursday January 5th, at 10pm server time.
It will be a competition between groups of 3 players. Feel free to create the comp you want.

Each team will pay 9g/30g/51g in entrance fee, not on pure gold, but on vendorable item value (so remember to save up those juicy grays from dm or ur raids). If you cannot complete the total price on vendorable items, do not worry, I have some of those stacked up but make an effort, they will end some day and I`m more than done farming them. Why vendorable price instead of gold coins u ask? That is necessary for us to be able to transfer the money between horde and alliance. I am trying to reach GMs so we can just exchange coins tho, will update this as soon as they answer.

What will be done is simple: 90% of all entry fee`s value will go to the 3 first places - 45% to the winning team, 30% to the second place, 15% to the third place. The last 10% will go to the winner of the final battle - a free for all with all tournaments participating players inside the arena at once. Besides that, first placed team will be able to choose from a number of useful boes, such as d1 set pieces (more on why those are useful later) dm trinkets and such.

The arena matches will be of 3v3 teams on either Gurubashi or DM Arena, yet to be released to those who will participate. Here are the rules:
::Teams of 3 will join the tournament, divided in 3 brackets: Blue, T1 and T2. Each bracket name is pretty self-explanatory, and they are made so winners dont win purely out of gear.
On blue you may have up to 2 epic items equiped.
On T1 you are allowed up to 2 T2, 2.5 or Bis Items (and must have at least 3 T1 or similar level items - I`m still working on the list of PvE tier X and their PvP equivalents and will release it here when its done).
On T2 you must have at least 3 T2 or above items (2.5 or bis) (of course full set or something is recommended).
For future events we will also have the S bracket - S for skill. In this one each team member will be allowed only green weapons an D1 (up to 2 pieces of D2) items. Nothing else, not even trinkets or enchants. This will be a special category focused on pure class possibilities and skill, and being the one that will embrace the whole concept of the event the most, it will have a better set of rewards, powered personally by me (and whoever else is willing to donate, please ^^).
::Each team will enter the arena when requested by the judges (nominated in place) who will inspect their gear and keep an eye on their buffs for the whole time. You are not allowed to use consumables besides healing/mana pots nor have any buffs on you that your team cannot provide. If you get that for even a split second your team is out. No Engineering items are allowed either.

If you want to participate, mail Naawani (Ally) or Lionsroar (Horde) with your team`s toons` names and classes. Question and suggestions are also welcome, both ingame and in this forum thread.
Stay cool, and let`s make PvP greater than ever.

PS: if you are interested on BG pvp make sure you read the other thread, where I talk more about my plans on that matter.

Last edited:
S bracket - S for skill. [...] not even trinkets or enchants. This will be a special category focused on pure class possibilities and skill
No Engineering items are allowed either.
Lmao.

-

I get that you're trying to do this out of good will, but I honestly doubt that there's currently enough interest in K1 PvP for a 3v3 event to work out. If anything, you should try for a 2v2 tourney first and see if it plays out well and then move forward.

I also suggest not forbidding engineering (or trinkets to use), as limiting usable cd's (which most classes already have only a few of in 1.12) only lowers the amount of skill required. The idea of gear-based brackets is also too complicated and limiting for the current amount of players we have on K1.

Obviously some effort to balance out vanilla being vanilla can be made, but you should just use Perplexity's ruleset (as a baseline if nothing else).

Aside from already mentioned, you scheduled it during popular raid time do you'll get even less people.

Thx for the feedback guys. I'll take both into account. I'll change the day and also make it 2v2.
I am not giving up on the removal of engi items however (full trinket removal is only for d1 bracket which is not going to happen yet), because it will decrease the ammount of players that will be able to compete (not all pvpers are engineers).
At first I will also still try the brackets, exactly because we have a small population. If when the event is taking place we have very few players maybe I will merge the T1 and 2 brackets, but if I make full 2.5 ppl compete with pre raid bis the event will be so far from what I intend I'd rather it not happen. My intention on this is to make people have fun, above all.
About Perplexity's, wow, that guy is a pro. Ty very much for directing me to his post. I'll actually rethink the whole event, probably copy at least most of his rules.
As his, the event will now take place at a saturday, most likely.

you should take away engineering and trinkets and just let rogues use prep can't go wrong m8

Hey Sallavar and xposed, ty for the interest. I will actually still deciding on the date. It was first scheduled to next thursday, but since i was unable to contact gms to help on it so far, it was rescheduled so people can bring only money instead of vendorable items, and so trolls dont come and disrupt it by just killing people without restraint. In any case please mail me in-game (naawani on alliance, lionsroar on horde) so I can keep you up to date. Of course, I will also keep it updated in here.

Top Bottom