• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Question As A New Player To The Kronos Community What Can I Expect To Find Here?

Yang

Hello all, I've got a few questions if anyone would be kind enough to answer them.

As someone who hasn't played on what I presume is K1 and K2, what can I expect to find when it comes to the community around here? Are people generally helpful and active, or is it a cluster of quiet small communities? Are there a lot of pugs, or do people cling to thier guildmates? What about the use of mercenary raiders, are they a common occurrence?

I'm North American(EST), are there plenty of guilds, or players who play around my peek hours?

Is it worth it to start a character and fool around on K1 until K3 releases, or is it a ghost town?

From previous launches of servers here in the past, does anyone have any idea what sort of numbers the new server might be expecting?

Like several others I've heard the murmurs of a new server coming out that everyone seems to be calling "K3". I'm just trying to decide if this new server, and the community as a whole, will be a good fit for me.

People are different. But I would say that "many" are helpful and active because it's Vanilla. There're some regular pugs.

Most of the players are EU, so K1 may look a bit empty. It's not "dead", but IMO it makes more sense to wait for K3.

I would expect 5k+ on launch, and then we'll see how good their new hardware is - the population dynamics will depend on this.

That's all good to hear. Thank you for your reply.

i think I will wait for K3 if that's the case. 5k give or take is a good healthy number.

Theres many NA players, just check reddit, more NA recruiting than EU guild posts there.

I heard china IPs are banned on Kronos, not sure about it

That's all good to hear. Thank you for your reply.

i think I will wait for K3 if that's the case. 5k give or take is a good healthy number.
3k is blizzlike and very healthy, everything beyond that is problematic

That's true, but from what I understand, LH is also releasing a server this year as well. So we will likely see some of that 5k drop off. If that's the case we will see a little bit of a lower number. That's why i hope we start a little on the high side, to account for any trickle-outs that we might have.

Armory
Talent Calc
Wowhead
Performance charts
Articles
Rankings
Bug Tracer

That is a short list, as there is quite a lot to say and it is better to experience it yourself what i am speaking about than reading a ton.

That's true, but from what I understand, LH is also releasing a server this year as well. So we will likely see some of that 5k drop off. If that's the case we will see a little bit of a lower number. That's why i hope we start a little on the high side, to account for any trickle-outs that we might have.
Light's Hope is run by a gold and account seller, same as Elysium. best to vacate the server. I mean there is a cashshop on twinstar but its all cosmetic crap and even with the mounts you still gotta buy the riding skill in game the normal way

Light's Hope is run by a gold and account seller, same as Elysium. best to vacate the server. I mean there is a cashshop on twinstar but its all cosmetic crap and even with the mounts you still gotta buy the riding skill in game the normal way

Yeah but K3 is running off of donations only. No Cash Shop from what I'm aware.

They might want to make a point of re-iterating that to the playerbase in some gentle manner at periodic intervals, if they wanna sustain the income they do now.

Yeah but K3 is running off of donations only. No Cash Shop from what I'm aware.

They might want to make a point of re-iterating that to the playerbase in some gentle manner at periodic intervals, if they wanna sustain the income they do now.
I mean it's on their site. Only idiots who don't read or use search function wouldn't be able to find it.

I mean those kind of people don't exist right?

Take a good look at where you wish to spend hours upon hours playing, Kronos might not be the #1 in population although hard to judge the future but at least u can see that they are clean and bugs get solved if evidence is sufficient not if a dev feels like it or remembers wrongly as people can lookup cases to see if they are correct and if wrong can be re-opened... most private servers have a very unorganized way of doing things and what yells the loudest is heard and that might not necessarily be the right thing or the most important.

Kronos has a lot of tools alongside this and it has a history you can look at to get yourself an idea if the population is what you desire, if you wish to see how pop is when it has a couple large rivals then look at that ^^ heck there was a time when rivals tried to sell the idea to people that kronos had died and made joke youtube recordings. Kronos did not respond and kept going and was more or less unaffected as you can see on the logs, plenty raids kept going and did not really diminish by much and after some months those so called rivals died out all on their own...

LH uses github as report form and so far 39 are recorded... we all know that the vanilla version all private servers start off with has somewhere around 10-30K small-big bugs so did they start off with another servers core or ? github is also not an ideal platform for the wide variety of bugs wow can have so seeing a list of only 39 makes me question the dev/tester team and even if its well known to normal players since lets face it the main income of small bugs are players as they might stumble upon a bug a thousand others overlooked or know things and thus research.

They don't even display loot tables so you cannot double check if a drop is 10% or 1% and could be blamed on rng at least here its transparent and you can see those things, lots of categories & filters and we can personally look into why a bug got solved or changed to not-a-bug or whatever and if new info comes around it can be reopened if needed.

Always look at the background & foundation behind a server and not population only although important a population comes & goes but its what makes up the foundation & background of a server that determines its longevity ;)

you can always try out both and make up your mind ^^

Take a good look at where you wish to spend hours upon hours playing, Kronos might not be the #1 in population although hard to judge the future but at least u can see that they are clean and bugs get solved if evidence is sufficient not if a dev feels like it or remembers wrongly as people can lookup cases to see if they are correct and if wrong can be re-opened... most private servers have a very unorganized way of doing things and what yells the loudest is heard and that might not necessarily be the right thing or the most important.

Kronos has a lot of tools alongside this and it has a history you can look at to get yourself an idea if the population is what you desire, if you wish to see how pop is when it has a couple large rivals then look at that ^^ heck there was a time when rivals tried to sell the idea to people that kronos had died and made joke youtube recordings. Kronos did not respond and kept going and was more or less unaffected as you can see on the logs, plenty raids kept going and did not really diminish by much and after some months those so called rivals died out all on their own...

LH uses github as report form and so far 39 are recorded... we all know that the vanilla version all private servers start off with has somewhere around 10-30K small-big bugs so did they start off with another servers core or ? github is also not an ideal platform for the wide variety of bugs wow can have so seeing a list of only 39 makes me question the dev/tester team and even if its well known to normal players since lets face it the main income of small bugs are players as they might stumble upon a bug a thousand others overlooked or know things and thus research.

They don't even display loot tables so you cannot double check if a drop is 10% or 1% and could be blamed on rng at least here its transparent and you can see those things, lots of categories & filters and we can personally look into why a bug got solved or changed to not-a-bug or whatever and if new info comes around it can be reopened if needed.

Always look at the background & foundation behind a server and not population only although important a population comes & goes but its what makes up the foundation & background of a server that determines its longevity ;)

you can always try out both and make up your mind ^^
They did, they're using a butchered version of nost core.

They did, they're using a butchered version of nost core.

now that truly makes me feel uncomfortable... Nost did not document well either they had bug reports on forum first then github and then finally on a place i cant recall but it was rather under utilized and a lot of bugs where fixed with a bandaid or a quick fix that would unwrap when solving another bug.

I hope LH's dev are good as what they got is a core with a couple landmine's with no documentation... take what i say with a grain of salt but from my perspective they could have focused more on foundation, Nost where quite smart when it came to advertising and they did a good job with it as reflected in population but their foundation was weak. Heck they released the game before adding logs or fixing the item dupe issues and all just for population... ragnaros early on did not have ranged abilities so people could solo him with a bow or wand and they could not track any duping or of those who solo killed rag...

I am rather biased towards Kronos and i truly like it so take what i say with a grain of salt please but Kronos delayed their project by 3 months regardless of how much pop & advertisement they would loose and all to make sure logs, dupings and critical things where douple, triple & quadruple checked so even if stuff occured they could reverse & track.

Kronos won on foundation and still stands strong today, Nostalrius took the cheap excuse which all servers get as blizzard sends the letter to a lot of private servers but blizzard cant really act its more of a scare tactic but nost had weak foundation and they had recently lost their core devs so they did something extremely smart and called it quits before things went bad.

did you know back before Kronos was recycled back when it was pure Czech there was actually a physical banner advertising on a czech street and blizzard could still not do a thing.

Either way that is at least my perspective and i am rather biased so please take it all with a grain of salt as that cannot be said enough ;)

People know already what kind of people runs LH, and K3 is 3 months ahead. Coming June, most of K3 will have MC on farm and middle ranking... I think is very unlikely people quitting K3 for an unstable future.

Apart from that, Kronos will progress to TBC, while others are waiting for classic to pull the plug

I can but see Alexsensual face saying "I told you"

now that truly makes me feel uncomfortable... Nost did not document well either they had bug reports on forum first then github and then finally on a place i cant recall but it was rather under utilized and a lot of bugs where fixed with a bandaid or a quick fix that would unwrap when solving another bug.

I hope LH's dev are good as what they got is a core with a couple landmine's with no documentation... take what i say with a grain of salt but from my perspective they could have focused more on foundation, Nost where quite smart when it came to advertising and they did a good job with it as reflected in population but their foundation was weak. Heck they released the game before adding logs or fixing the item dupe issues and all just for population... ragnaros early on did not have ranged abilities so people could solo him with a bow or wand and they could not track any duping or of those who solo killed rag...

I am rather biased towards Kronos and i truly like it so take what i say with a grain of salt please but Kronos delayed their project by 3 months regardless of how much pop & advertisement they would loose and all to make sure logs, dupings and critical things where douple, triple & quadruple checked so even if stuff occured they could reverse & track.

Kronos won on foundation and still stands strong today, Nostalrius took the cheap excuse which all servers get as blizzard sends the letter to a lot of private servers but blizzard cant really act its more of a scare tactic but nost had weak foundation and they had recently lost their core devs so they did something extremely smart and called it quits before things went bad.

did you know back before Kronos was recycled back when it was pure Czech there was actually a physical banner advertising on a czech street and blizzard could still not do a thing.

Either way that is at least my perspective and i am rather biased so please take it all with a grain of salt as that cannot be said enough ;)
One of the former coders (I wish I had the screen cap with proof and whatnot) from nost talked about how fucked they were behind the scenes with people like viper pushing his fixes first whether or not they actually fixed things and even reverting changes. Not to mention what nost got hailed for, the pet and mob pathing was non-existant in Elysium and LH had similar problems.

I did play K1 early when it launched but Nost ended up being the server I went to because "my friends were there" and don't really regret it. But there were things like their "fixes" to AV and the guard knockback aura (which also applied to stormwind guards" at one point. There was so many things fucked.
Prime example is this guild known to just fuck around for the sake of it bugging out the flightmaster, while it was on Anathema, it was supposedly on the nost core. These guys shut down the flightmaster for supposedly 4+ hours according to one of the guys I talked to.

To get back onto topic,. LH and Elysium really are only getting their numbers primarily through "having the nost core" and the no doubt hundereds of chinese bots camping nodes on their server

Top Bottom