• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Hunter Ashkandi

maredasan

Authorized
Yo hunters,

we're having a rather tense discussion in our guild, or rather between our hunters and warriors.

Hunters claim Ashkandi is good for hunters (PvE), is this true? They say they have priority for it for PvE cause we would just use it for PvP.

Please give me some insight to your hunter world.

/edit

Last edited:
Lol, tell them to chill down and go Dire Maul for a Barbarous Blade (been a while since i played a vanilla hunter but i think the 1% crit and 60 AP will come close to the 86 AP on Ashkandi).

And with quite some time they mean untill ZG release right? (if they know what they are doing)
Because then they can get Hakkari MH warblade + Fang of the Faceless from Hakkar which are BiS for almost the entire game (Sartura fist weapon gives +2 AP, Noth axe gives + 8 AP and KT dagger gives +4 AP and 1 hit compared to the ZG combo).

ZG Hakkar Dagger+Sword 2%crit 56 Ap, with enchants on onehand you get 5 agi more than on twohand makes 66Ap(and ~2.1%crit) vs 86 Ap

Theoretical current BiS would be GM/HW Longsword/Quickblade, which are equal to ZG sword+dagger, but add +7 Stamina on top of AP+crit.

In comparsion you will gain these stats:

Ashkandi (+25 Agi) - 136 RAP, 0,47% crit, 330 HP
GM/HW Longsword/Quickblade (2x +15 Agi) - 116 RAP, 2,56% crit, 140 HP
ZG sword+dagger (2x +15 Agi) - 116 RAP, 2,56% crit, 0 HP
Barbarous Blade (+25 Agi) - 110 RAP, 1,47% crit, 0 HP
Huntsman's Harpoon (+25 Agi) (D2 summon) - 120 RAP, 1,13% crit, 0 HP

Ashkandi gives the highest AP bonus, but lacks in crit department, and HP is not a PvE stat for hunters. Sounds like a PvP weapon to me. If I were doing a pure PvE hunter, I would definitely go for the ZG sword+dagger, it's the easiest to get compared to other options.

"Quite some time" is relative term, because with AQ opening https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=21635 becomes available.

What would warriors use it for? PvP.
What would hunters use it for? PvP and PvE.

Progress?????

In all seriousness. I understand that hunters would like to have it. ZG is coming out soon, so if you want to have good sta and ap along with over 1k raptor strikes Zin does the job just as good.
On the other hand.
If I was a warrior who most likely will get a BRE sooned or later I couldn't care less for upgrades anymore.
Guess some don't like the wood sword.

ashkandi is equilar in dmg to barb blabe
but has a lot stam and is slower so its better
it only gets beating by core hound tooth + brutality blade
untill ZG is out

well and the PVP items apparently as they are 1.12.1 already
the prob about the harpoon is that its not really farmable
else it would (/is) be just as good too

so untill ZG, core hound tooth + brutality blade is BiS for pve hunters

Last edited:
/edit I missunderstood our hunters, they don't think it's BiS, they think it's good. They are annoyed by all melee weapons going to melees, thus trying to find weapons that they can claim - since Ashkandi is a PvP item (our arms warrior are obligated to wear Nightfall) it is an alternative to other BiS combos.

Silly misunderstood hunters, always trying to claim melee items :p

Reminds me of a huge discussion between the rogues and the hunters in one of my old guilds on peenix about the AQ20 xbow. They wanted it because we always had the priest item drop from majordomo instead of the hunter leaf and they began to ran out of patience. "It doesn't matter that it has strength on it and is close to BiS for melee, we want it because it is slightly better than the blue crap we currently use", was their argument for that one (we were still progressing through BWL at the time, so Ashjre'thul was not an option).

It is an off spec roll for arm warriors. Or should be, your arm warrs should run nightfall if you want to win... It is a mainspec roll for hunters, if a hunter wants it, he can bid on it. Not saying it is a smart thing to do, because there is better for easier.

Top Bottom