• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Auctionator for Vanilla (Download)

nimeralos

Authorized
Your humble servant has rewrote Auctionator 1.0.0, made for TBC, to work on Vanilla. Hope you'll like it! I plan to add a "Buy" tab from the later versions of Auctionator sometime.

Download in http://www.mediafire.com/download/r9j7xk5z4lr91k2/Auctionator.zip

Please comment if you found any bug and/or if you just want to react on this.

P.S. I also hope that this addon will do its bit to make game on Kronos even better :wub:

Upd.: I've been asked to upload this 3 years old work to Github.

Now you can make it independent from the graphics scale, let it work with alt+click, fix other bugs and add other features :)

Last edited:
Awesome :thumbup1:

will be included in the next "addon library" upload.

Last edited:
Hello,
just checked this addon and found that "alt+click" moving items to auctionator doesnt work.

I pretty love how active and loyal the community is to This project even though it's not released yet. Keep the good work going.

checked this addon and found that "alt+click" moving items to auctionator doesnt work.
Thanks for the note. It seems that the feature actually shouldn't have worked in original 1.0.0 version (as far as I recall I found no code peaces accountable for that), that's why I haven't reworked it. Maybe some day later.

I'd also like to thank everyone for the kind words :)

There is ingame option in 'Auctionator sttings' called like "use Alt+Click to move item to Auctionator slot".
Indeed, but I found no function responsible for that. Maybe the author haven't implemented the feature, only wrote that string - that's version 1.0.0 after all. Maybe that was my inattention :) Anyway, I left the ingame string just in case, but I knew the feature didn't worked for me, now I know that it doesn't work for you - that's the motivation to fix it someday :)

Indeed, but I found no function responsible for that. Maybe the author haven't implemented the feature, only wrote that string - that's version 1.0.0 after all. Maybe that was my inattention :) Anyway, I left the ingame string just in case, but I knew the feature didn't worked for me, now I know that it doesn't work for you - that's the motivation to fix it someday :)

Thank you mate!
For me Auctionator does not make sense without "alt+click moving" :crying:

You still working on this? I was thinking of putting together another explained list of addons, just this time general addons that will include Auction addons.

At the moment, Auctioneer is the go-to one to use. Auctionator was the go-to one in expansions mainly because the scanning of the auction house was near enough instantaneous...whilst with auctioneer...it take a couple of seconds per page to scan...adding up to a decent amount of wait time.

If this mod is finished for vanilla/you plan on working on it, then I'll add yours to the list...since it is superior to its counterpart.

You still working on this?
Not really. I'm usually losing my interest when something is somehow done :( I think it's useful in its current state, you can put your items to the auction with auto lowest price set. I'm always using only this feature 90% of my auction time.

Hope somebody here tested it already, and it doesn't thrown any errors or something. If so - feel free to add, I'd be pleased :)

For some reason, using this together with cartographer results in a permanent error message: Interface\AddOns\Auctionator\Auctionator.lua:590: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'Time Since Last Update' (a nil value)
Have no idea why, but disabling the cartographer addon solves the issue... I really wanted to use both =P Any ideas?

For some reason, using this together with cartographer results in a permanent error message: Interface\AddOns\Auctionator\Auctionator.lua:590: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'Time Since Last Update' (a nil value)
Have no idea why, but disabling the cartographer addon solves the issue... I really wanted to use both =P Any ideas?
Get errorstore or whatever the addon is called, so you don't see the messages anymore

I downloaded this addon from the link in the first post of the theme and got this error:

The addon itself seems to be working. Maybe someone could be so kind to tell me how to correct it )

Heh, what a crappy coder could create such a mess... x)

Maybe I've just made a constant coordinates for all that interface stuff... If so - I believe it can only be solved by changing the resolution. Sorry about it.

Hey Saturos02, I made a small fix to the Auctionator.lau so that it will play nicely with Cartographer.

To fix it, jump to line 588 and you will find:
Code:
function Auctionator_Idle(self, elapsed) 

self.TimeSinceLastUpdate = self.TimeSinceLastUpdate + 0.1;--elapsed; 

if (AuctionatorMessage == nil) then 
        return; 
    end; 

self.NumIdles = self.NumIdles + 1;

Replace that bit of code with:
Code:
function Auctionator_Idle(self, elapsed) 

if (self.TimeSinceLastUpdate == nil) then 
        self.TimeSinceLastUpdate = 0; 
    end; 
    self.TimeSinceLastUpdate = self.TimeSinceLastUpdate + 0.1;--elapsed; 

if (AuctionatorMessage == nil) then 
        return; 
    end; 

if (self.NumIdles == nil) then 
        self.NumIdles = 0; 
    end; 
    self.NumIdles = self.NumIdles + 1;

Notice that the only real changes are the if statements that help initialize the variables before they are used, very simple fix.

Big thanks to nimeralos for porting this back to vanilla and mad props to waffo for fixing the errors. I too have the graphics all over the place like the screenshot above, any thoughts on how to fix that?

Cheers

I would assume this is because absolute dimensions were used in Auctionator.xml file.
I replaced all with RelDimension, and now it won't have a buggy UI, but the child elements (prices list, etc) are not visible anymore.

Code:
<Size><AbsDimension x="550" y="16" /></Size>

I would assume the author could figure out which elements should have a Relative Frame.

Top Bottom