• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Auto-Attack, Warrior Kiting

Garahn

Hey all,

Just signed up here on what looks to be an awesome server. So far almost everything seems to be working great, except I noticed one flaw that will mess with some mechanics down the road. I've been playing warriors in Vanilla for over a decade now (yikes) and I noticed this immediately.

Usually, when in melee with a warrior, fighting a normal mob, you can attack, start kiting away, the mob will follow. You can then turn back around, and you will get a swing in, so long as it's been long enough for your next swing to come. Atm on this server that mob is JUST out of range, it's very close, probably less than a foot, but being unable to get that hit in with a simple turn around is a problem, from PvP to the all important Tank kiting we'll need in the higher end dungeons. All it will really require is a slight tweak i'm sure, but currently you have to do a weird stutter-step move in order to get the hit, and I can foresee this causing all sorts of small issues further down the line. I would have submitted a normal bug report but Auto-Attack doesn't seem to show up on Twinhead, and also it isn't so much a bug as a slight flaw in the otherwise stellar patching you've worked out. I would really love to see this fixed, as the change in feel is bugging the hell out of me, playing 10 years it's just muscle memory at this point, and changing my whole method is probably more work than I'd bother with at this now. Thanks a lot for reading, and hopefully for the help!

You are not the only one who noticed something like this, and I'm pretty sure it is directly related to this issue. I still have this test pending on my list, will do it asap.

Ah, excellent, glad to see it's a known issue! Thanks for letting me know.

No problem! Please comment your experience on the issue, or if you test it and provide evidence even better, so we can help to resolve it :)

Top Bottom