• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

AV weekend...will horde healers/rdps standing on the ledge be tolerated again...

dropinfromhere

Authorized
Av weekend is here again, and as most players know, horde likes to stand on the ledges of vanndars bunker to completely skip the marshalls. giving them a decisive advantage. Is this how AV is going to remain on Kronos?

Since the AV mark nerf we basically have to defend for 20 minutes to just lose anyways to even get a mark bc of these ledge abusers. Last Av weekend I played thursday-monday grinding rep, and the only time alliance won a game was when horde didnt have a single tank or horde afked out after 1.5+ hour turtles in the alliance base due to frustration of losing over and over again.

Rep is a pain in the ass for alliance and winning isnt even based on organization/skill/teamwork, you just rush north stand on a ledge, and kill 1 monster as horde.

Last edited:
Re: AV weekend...will horde healers/rdps standing on the ledge be tolerated agai

Yeah it sucks. Standing on the ledge should give you 500 damage per second and I say that as someone who has played a lot of AV as horde.

Re: AV weekend...will horde healers/rdps standing on the ledge be tolerated agai

AV is a nightmare for Horde, dunno what games you've played in. Getting exalted I probably lost 7/10 games. How about, Horde stop standing on ledges when Alliance stop camping the bridge?

How about we all fight in middle and have actual pvp take place in that shithole bg

AV is a nightmare for Horde, dunno what games you've played in. Getting exalted I probably lost 7/10 games. How about, Horde stop standing on ledges when Alliance stop camping the bridge?
Bridge camping is totally intended by Blizzard though. Alliance has the advantage of a base that's easier to defend, while horde has the advantage of the chokepoint at Frostwolf Graveyard, which can similarly cause games to drag on for hours if it's heavily defended. Standing on this ledge, on the other hand, is pretty clearly an exploit, just like it's an exploit when horde walljumps to take the "back door" into the Alliance base. AV isn't perfect, but some things are unintended exploits and some aren't.

All this talk makes me laugh, I'm curious if AV will even pop at all on K1 this week.

last time it was AV weekend I think there was a only 3 to 6 games that actually happened the whole weekend.

All this talk makes me laugh, I'm curious if AV will even pop at all on K1 this week.

last time it was AV weekend I think there was a only 3 to 6 games that actually happened the whole weekend.

That is incorrect...but we did have to deal with some 20v20 matches.

VO2jTdV.jpg

They're doing it right now. I just saw a game end with Horde winning and 20-30 of them were not even inside the bunker when Vann died. Just DPS exploiting and killing him. Is this really acceptable?

Just put 10 hunters at IWB and the horde won't even get to see the Marshals.

Time to revive this WSG premade, AV edition

H6JXO6V.png

Exploiting the Marshals/Vann in AV is no longer allowed and players abusing this exploit will be punished. If anyone is found breaking this rule please contact a GM asap.

Have you announced this in game? I don't think most Horde players are aware of this.

so please explain to me why when horde has made it about halfway, the ally are at the front doors of drek? av is slanted towards ally winning the games unless it's dragged on for hours and even then horde probably won't win. av is becoming a waste of time since it's always ally winning.

You do realise that in a rush game horde have shorter distance to travel to reach Vanndar than alliance to reach Drek'thar? What you wrote about horde being half way is just pure nonsense.

Exploiting the Marshals/Vann in AV is no longer allowed and players abusing this exploit will be punished. If anyone is found breaking this rule please contact a GM asap.

Please define what is being exploited with Van, or considered exploiting.

Post it on an official post, not in another thread, and add it to the server rules or something cause I've herd of this from another player and to me that's just a "rumor".

You do realise that in a rush game horde have shorter distance to travel to reach Vanndar than alliance to reach Drek'thar? What you wrote about horde being half way is just pure nonsense.

Grukz is speaking the truth, it was happening a lot in AV today.. Make it to that one tower at mid and alliance already have r-hut and fw gy tapped....?

Last edited:

Post it on an official post, not in another thread, and add it to the server rules or something cause I've herd of this from another player and to me that's just a "rumor".

This has been announced in the Kronos Discord by Gurky himself. It has also been announced in world chat on Kronos I and Kronos II and here. Players caught doing this will be punished accordingly.

Grukz is speaking the truth, it was happening a lot in AV today.. Make it to that one tower at mid and alliance already have r-hut and fw gy tapped....?

Then stop running without a mount. This makes no sense because in every rush game horde and alliance meet at Balinda's bunker (so running full speed, alliance doesn't even reach middle of the map before they see horde with epic mounts and riding enchantments). So how come that horde only make it to next tower from there by the time alliance reach relief hut? Talk about exaggeration... Stop making things up just to try to win an argument.

Please define what is being exploited with Van, or considered exploiting.

perhaps alliance actually has people defending while horde do not? or maybe alliance's offence is more competent

so much noise over nothing. it will be fixed eventually, this is no reason to further dishearten people to pvp.
2 games i played yesterday were like this, just because 4-5 of us on alliance were properly defending:

xZttrIk.jpg

Last edited:

Horde have shorter distance to SPGY/Aid, but they just suck. I played hundreds Vanilla AV rush games over the years where literally not a single person defends or try to kill anything else then NPCs, in such scenarios SPGY always gets capped before FWGY.

Did 2 games yesterday, 4-5 of us defended SH choke point whereas the rest of Alliance rushed south.. On the other side, half of Horde stacked up in SHB, most of 2nd half tried to get IWB and only few went to SPGY.. We were easily wiping those who made it to SPGY and anyone else who tried to pass the choke point in some small scattered groups.. By the time most of Horde wait out for SHB and IWB to get destroyed by sitting in them and go for a stronger SPGY push afterwards, Alliance already took everything in their base..

Now, if a group of 5 is able to block whole Horde team at SH choke and deny them from capping anything north, which is wider and harder place to defend then IB choke point then you can't really blame the map or anything else non-player related, can you.

Top Bottom