• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Basics of Warsong Gulch

This entire guide is rubbish. Allow me to ask and answer one question:

'Why do people play WSG?'

The answer is: honour points/standing.

As is known, killing enemy players awards honour to only the players within a certain range from the kill, whereas honour given from objectives is given to all participants equally. Furthermore, the total amount of honour from killing enemy players is split amongst the players that are within range. If the bounty on a players is 99 honour points and three people are in range of the kill, each player is given 33 honour points. Because all honour for objectives is shared, playing the objective is pointless if you're trying to gain more honour than the other players of your faction, which you are because that's the entire point of the battlegrounds. So the best thing to do in WSG is killing enemy players while making sure as few other people as possible are in range of the kill, because that allows you the highest difference honour wise from the other players in the same battleground. Unless a premade has been going on winning a lot of games and you need to catch up, there is no reason to not use this strategy to beat the other honour farmers.

My goodness.. i've been reading the pvp forums, biting my lip, trying not to reply to some posts in here(mostly just laughing because of all the banter) but this, this is something new.

First off, awesome guide and this should clear up the BG for a lot of new players venturing into WSG.

Now for this retarded post.
Yes, when you're ranking you try to farm as much as you can... there is however a very big "but" when farming honor.
Do not piss off solo queuing/pugging faction members.
This can backfire so hard that you're going to regret even trying to rank.

Having ranked for the 3th time on kronos(since the start of kronos), i believe i have a fairly good understanding and very good relationship with most pugging/premading horde players.
When you're ranking, you are by no means fighting eachother to get your standing..
I hope people can understand, but to rank efficiently you work together and not against eachother.
Therefor trying to outfarm people is absolutely fucking retarded and should in anyway possible be avoided like avoiding mosquitoes in Africa.

I can write a whole essay on bracket sizes, using honorspy to get a view on amount of pvpers in the week, setting up standings and STACKING HONOR in your bracket.
The last being the most important, you stack honor with your fellow pvpers in order to rank efficiently.

Taking the time to explain the honor ranking system vanilla uses to your fellow teammates, helping them winning, is far more effective than pissing them off while you farm mid / stay on eramp or anywhere else to catch enemies so you can get the solo amount of honor and contribute 0 to the game.

When i ranked, each time i went for flags or EFC and tried to win the game.
This is far more appreciated by your teammates and will make them talk to you, ask you questions on how to improve their gameplay and they will be more susceptible to suggestions you make inside the BG.
The criticism you give other players will not be viewed as criticism but more as "this guy knows what he's talking about so i might give it a try, afterall he's been friendly to me".

People get excited when they see good players join a BG because it gives them hope of finally winning the BG.
They will be more inclined to try their hardest instead of just rolling over and lose which is exactly the problem on Alliance right now! Everyone just plays for their own.
Stop with this selfishness and be an example instead for the new or maybe not so dedicated pvpers.

Explain, suggest and talk to eachother in a friendly manner!
Try to win the game and contribute as much as you can.
All of these things will give you a far better experience in a BG than trying to get solo kills because you need to outfarm pugger X and Y who you've never even spoken to.
I can't even count the amount of people i've spoken to just because of pvping and i can tell you, there are a lot more people who're friendly and awesome than the 1 or 2 oddballs out who will do anything in their way to fuck with everything.

Awesome guide Ramses, really liked it.

As is known, killing enemy players awards honour to only the players within a certain range from the kill, whereas honour given from objectives is given to all participants equally. Furthermore, the total amount of honour from killing enemy players is split amongst the players that are within range. If the bounty on a players is 99 honour points and three people are in range of the kill, each player is given 33 honour points. Because all honour for objectives is shared, playing the objective is pointless if you're trying to gain more honour than the other players of your faction, which you are because that's the entire point of the battlegrounds. So the best thing to do in WSG is killing enemy players while making sure as few other people as possible are in range of the kill, because that allows you the highest difference honour wise from the other players in the same battleground. Unless a premade has been going on winning a lot of games and you need to catch up, there is no reason to not use this strategy to beat the other honour farmers.

and this exactly why i have stopped playing wsg in pugs.
there is nothing more frustrating than entering a BG as healer and find all the dps (including the mighty retardins of course) chasing vurtnes in the middle of nowhere. You are left alone/with minimum assistance, as healer, to focus on objectives and "teamplay".

And then people wonder why there are no healers in pugs. Fuck off.

P.S. i suggest trying teamplay for once. You will be amazed how fun and exciting it is.

It also doesn't help that alliance PUGs consist of new players/bad players/rets. And horde seem to have had an upswing in old rankers coming back to play. Resulting in PUGs just getting steamrolled in games.

Lmao that's some classic loser mentality right there. Can't win unless carried hard so I'll just find some other random goal, do random shit and fuck everyone on my team up, right? This is not only pathetic, but also extremely stupid on server like Kronos where you stop getting honor from enemy players after 3 games. Zero honor gains really fast and keep gimping your team in every game, reducing the honor gained in the long run. And that's only from the honor stand point, let alone way more important factor which is no desire to win. Gj men, hope those 200 honor difference you make withing first 3 games in a day are well worth it xd

Oh boy, this post... Congratulations, you just explained why alliance pug games are shit and always end up in losses....so glad we have people like you in our faction....bravo.

What I find most annoying is that players have bad judgement. Like, when and how to engage. Should I sacrifice myself now to fall back quicker. Should I play defensively or offensively etc.

A few examples:

You lost the flag. Your team is about to rezz. EFC is in midfield guarded by a few healers/peelers.
Most common mistake players do is to just try and rezz rush the EFC again instead of going quickly for a repick.
Problem here is, if you fail to take him down its an easy cap. On the other hand, if you manage to repick the flag in time its almost always easier to keep the enemy from capping.

Both teams hold the enemy flag in their base. Both teams have healers and peelers on defense.
Common mistake is that players only focus on the EFC and ignore all supporting players. A bystanding mage with 3-4k life could be gibbed so easily making it alot harder for the EFC to escape you. i.e. peel his peelers. Also, if you only focus on the EFC you make healers life way too easy.
Next mistake is breaking your defense in order to get the flag. Players lose patience and all of a sudden decide that its their time to go offensive. Quite alot they do this in the worst possible moments like when you are already under attack or the enemy already rezzed while your team is still waiting for the next cycle.
Only cause your offense team wasn't able to get the flag back in a few tries doesn't mean they won't succeed eventually.
Last but not least. Block escape routes. So many times an EFC escapes with just an inch of his life left.

Got more on my mind, but I don't have the patience for an essay like yours.

TL;DR
What I find most helpful is that you reflect on your decisions. If something backfired on you or didn't work out think about what you could have done instead and if that would have changed the outcome.

Simply put, learn from your mistakes and don't repeat them. Of course this only works if you are able to see what you did wrong.

Yes they are. Its more about the timing.
If horde kills alli offense very fast they might get the next respawn timer. Then horde offense dies and gets the one after.
If horde defense now decides to go offense, alli offense will already be half way to the base.

Only go offense when you can reach the enemy base earlier or at least in the same time as the enemies offense reaches yours.

One of the last WSG games I played was me just suiciding into the enemy GY first, putting hamstring on everyone. Then I reaspawned and walked straight to them again, they were at our ramp then, hamstring for everyone again.

It took half the horde team 90 seconds to get from their GY to out base, by that time the horde FC died and we capped.

How often you die doesn't matter as long as there is a reason for dying.

Top Bottom