• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Best/most fun duo class combination for leveling?

Kerisekuumus

Hello everyone!

Me and my friend are planning to play on this server, but we haven't really decided what classes to roll. So maybe some of you can share their experiences or views on the on the matter. What duo class combination would be the most fun and efficent for leveling?

I think every kind of combination is playable, but sure there are some easier (and probably boring) combos such as any dmg+any heal and some more challenging combos.

I personally would recommend the Hunter+WL for fastest leveling (2 tanking pets, a lot of dmg, BUT no healing, which you would only need in open pvp I guess)

Basically, Shaman/Pala+ any ranged DD or Priest+Warri/Rogue/Hunter is very playable!
I guess there is no "perfect" combination, just roll what you like to play the most in endgame and spend your time together leveling, you will always succed and have fun in this game!

Like Moonster said, pretty much any class is suitable.
My brother and I had great fun levelling a Protection Warrior and Holy paladin together, as we had so much survivability and could take on so many mobs on at the same time. Obvioiusly our damage wasn't the best, but it really was good fun.
My advice would be just to roll with whatever class you find the most fun, almost any combination works, and has its own pros and cons.

One reccomendation I would give, after leveling both classes, would be to include either an Elemental Shaman or a Retri Paladin in the setup, depending on whether you're horde or alliance. While leveling your DPS is pretty good, and you are able to off-heal without too many mana problems. And they're just great classes to play, in my opinion.

But yeah, play what you want to, I'm sure it'll work out fine.

Shaman + any melee:
+Windfury totem
+Strength and agility totems
+Shaman support with fine damage + heal

in retail I leveled with a friend both as undead rogues. We would go to alliance zones and while one of us was in stealth the other one typed /afk as bait. As soon as an alliance player engaged we would gank him hard.

Good times.

Needing the same loot in dungeons was annoying though.

Good question OP,

Like most people said, a LOT of combo's work well.
Me and my friend are also still debating on what we want to play.
Its kinda hard since theres so many things to take into account.

What class do YOU prefer?
And what is your aim? PvE, PvP?

A few of my more favorite 2's are:
- Rogue + Druid, preferably Feral. Very good damage, good utility, good survivability.
- Rogue + Rogue, speaks for itself. But idd needing the same gear is not fun.
- Hunter + Druid, preferably Resto. Good utility, easy to close gaps, pretty good damage.
- Warrior + healer, speaks for itself. I prefer Hunter though, Range > Melee imo.
- Warlock + Priest (shadow), Good caster team if played right. Good synergy.

Its whatever you like really.
As long as its not 2x Enhancement Shaman lol. Thats what we did in vanilla retail (not on purpose though) and it sucked. Especially later in 2v2 arena :lol:

Going for different classes in terms of gear is always a good idea. That is if you intend to stay friends... :tongue:

Seriously though, throwing in some kind of healer is nice but not a necessity. I'd recommend just rolling whatever you guys think you'd be enjoying the most. Choosing a class you don't really enjoy playing is not the greatest idea if you intend to reach 60.

Mana is not an issue if your lock understands the shadow priest needs last hit to keep spirit buff going.

My favorites are:

Shammy + Warrior. Enchance/Arms

Mage X 2, both frost shatter spec.

Rogue x 2 both daggers, x2 ambush/back stabs/stun locks.

BM hunter + MM hunter. Can play monkey in the middle with elites with aggro shot alternating and never take damage.

Ret Pally + Smite/Holy fire Priest.

- - - Updated - - -

I am a big fan of X2 classes if you could not tell. Gear is an issue but these combos played correctly > a small bit more primary stat.

Hi guys, necroíng this thread somewhat :)

My buddy wants to play enhancement shammy and so I'm naturally thinking war but I've played this class extensively in the past and I'm currently quite taken by feral druid. Any idea how this potential combination would fare for general leveling and pvp? Any major disadvantages compared to Shammy/War ?

I do not believe you can get WF procs while in cat/bear form. Haven't really tested it but I've also never seen it. That would be a downside once the sham gets WF totem.

I do not believe you can get WF procs while in cat/bear form. Haven't really tested it but I've also never seen it. That would be a downside once the sham gets WF totem.

Shamans don't rly use WF totem for themselves since their WF weapon buff is superior and doesn't stack.

There is of course obvious synergy with Windfury Totem and Warrior / Rogue, but I still think Enh Sham & Feral Druid are going to do brilliantly, if played well there'll be practically nothing apart from dungeons you can't deal with as a team and you should be able to farm fast and safe with almost no downtime.

Na u can't get WF totem procs in shapeshift form, feral/shaman is okay i guess. U won't have any downtime but yea warrior would prolly be better.

Wf does not apply to druids in fereal forms. Tough if you want to level as druid I'd highly recommend a ench schaman as partner. He can throw a few points into the skilled str and agi totem (especially the agi one will make you go insane as cat during lvl30+) as he doesn't need the windfury totem at all.

When you'd consider going for a Warrior + Shaman duo I'd probably push you closer towards the Arms / Resto combination. The Shaman can throw his mana totem, strength and windfury and be completely fine - a hybrid elemental build might be fun to test, if not the healing/elemental pvp specc even.

Hunter-Priest team were good , specially when you need to burn some mana in pvp , pve well tank , dps healer is perfect with some CC.
Also affliction warlock + spriest is fun alot of dots and shadow dmg.

0 downsides to enh/feral. Youll kill everything and everyone with no downtime. I know since I played feral and he does this on his own. Enh shammy is a bonus xD

Top Bottom