• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Best pvp healer?

kekru

Authorized
What do you think is the Best healing class for pvp?

I have tryed priest now on peenix and it just feels i get rekt instantly.

it's situational, paladin best defensive healer, shaman best offensive healer/peeler, priest is kind of in between with the biggest amount of raw healing probably

druid is good to carry flags

Paladin is great for support/heal, all the blessings, "immune" to CC ;)

Priest can tank alot of dmg

Shaman can deal alot of dmg ;)

Druids... what is that class anyway? Bad in pvp and pve

I found shaman the best for PvP beause of fast and realy strong heal (lesser healing weave). Or i, personaly, liked him most.

Don't forget that Priests also have CC! AOE Fear + Silence if specced, even MC in AB etc. can be rly annoying. Oh and also Mana Burn was quite a thing back then (if u have the time to do it). Defensive wise I'd say Pally, alone Bubble gives u time where can't be rupted. Druid can CC with like roots and if focused Bear Form/Travel Form will help u immensely. Shaman has that insane melee support and purge, fear/immun and such. All classes have different roles to fill imo.

This is by no means a definitive list of pros/cons, just merely my observations PvPing as both Alliance and Horde.

Paladin
+ Blessing of Sacrifice makes them hard to CC
+ Blessings in general are amazing
+ Plate makes them easily the tankiest healer
+ Great defensive cooldowns with bubble/BoP/LoH
+ Cleanse

- Easily counter spelled as all their heals are casted
- All spells are tied to Holy Tree, so if you lock them out they're fucked
- No Hots

Shaman
+ Great offensive healer thanks to shocks
+ Poison cleansing totem is pretty great if you're in a big melee
+ Earthbind is retarded in mid
+ Arguably one of the strongest 1.5 sec heals with Lesser Healing Wave
+ Natures Swiftness is an amazing "Oh shit!" button
+ Windfury totem wrecks face so fucking hard with the right group.

- Less Tanky than Paladins
- Almost all their spells are tied to Nature, so they're in the same boat as Paladins
- No Hots
- No defensive dispel

Druids
+ Strongest Hots
+ Poison + Curse cleansing
+ Swiftmend is retardedly good
+ Natures Swiftness is an amazing "Oh shit!" button
+ Shape shifting allows for great flexibility
+ Far and away the best flag runner if specced Resto

- Leather armor, so they're squishy
- Direct heals aren't great
- Most of their healing power is built around hots, so on the ball priests & shaman can negate a lot of it
- All their spells (save for moonfire and star fire I think) are tied to the nature tree, so they lose a lot of utility when CS'd

Priests
+ Strong 1.5 sec heal with Flash Heal
+ Renew is a solid HoT
+ Great Utility as both an offensive and defensively minded healer - Offensive + Defensive dispel, Mana Burn, Mind control
+ PW:S is great to negate warrior dmg and buy time against rogues/hunters

- Very susceptible to purge spam
- Cloth armor doesn't hold up well without Inner Fire + PW:S
- Only Horde healer with defensive dispel (This isn't really a negative of the class per say, but it does pose difficulties for horde priests, as they're usually CC'd incessantly to allow for more focused fire)
- No solid "Oh Shit!" option available to them.

I would put a druid with a roaming ninja group in AB made up of 2 rogues + Druid to try to make surprise pushes @ farm/LM when I ran my PvP guild. They're also good in a ninja group to cap flags in WSG, and there isn't a better flag runner than a good resto druid. Paladins are great node defenders when coupled with a rogue/warrior, and there's no better support healer in the game for a Flag runner. Priests are great in big attrition fights like in mid in WSG and the initial Blacksmith push in AB thanks to their aforementioned utility with mana burn, offensive dispels, strong quick heal, etc. Shaman are great to have with your Flag runner as well thanks to Frost Shock, Grounding and Earthbind totems, and Ghost Wolf form to keep pace with a druid FC; Chain Heal is an amazing heal in attrition fights, and poison cleansing totem is great to help against rogues/hunters (if it can stay up).

All told, each class has their own strengths and weaknesses in my mind, and they all have their place, so trying to pin down a "Best" PvP healer is kind of a fool's errand. I played with and against r12+ players of each class who knew how to make the best of their strengths, and minimize their weaknesses, so I would recommend against trying to pick a class based on answers to such a vague question, and rather pick a class you like the play style of, and learn the piss out of it.

My $.02

Last edited:
Gilthresa's post is pretty accurate.

As best healer I would says Priest. Disple and shield are way too powerful. For solo play as healer Priests are most effective. In group play this can change.

Gilthresa's post is pretty accurate.

As best healer I would says Priest. Disple and shield are way too powerful. For solo play as healer Priests are most effective. In group play this can change.

I'd probably agree with this. If I ONLY could take 1 healer class into a BG with me, it would be the priest. That said, I'd be really pissed about not being able to have a paladin/shaman and a druid.

Priests, in my opinion, are also the best solo healer in the game for PvE. They may not top effective healing meters in raids, but I'd say they're easily the most versatile healer in the game.

I've played a priest, all specs since 2006 and I love it. Good amount of CC's if you decide to spec Silence. Blackout is a pretty decent CC's as well if you have a flag carrier run away from you and you can't keep up, just spam rank1 SW:p and eventually he will be stunned for 3 seconds wich gives you time to catch up and fear.

But yeah, this mostly goes for Shadowpriests though :p but healing as a priest is pretty fun, compared to shamans I think, wich probably is the most boring healing class to play pvp.

I've played a priest, all specs since 2006 and I love it. Good amount of CC's if you decide to spec Silence. Blackout is a pretty decent CC's as well if you have a flag carrier run away from you and you can't keep up, just spam rank1 SW:p and eventually he will be stunned for 3 seconds wich gives you time to catch up and fear.

But yeah, this mostly goes for Shadowpriests though :p but healing as a priest is pretty fun, compared to shamans I think, wich probably is the most boring healing class to play pvp.

The disc priests we had in my PvP guild all specced 5 points into shadow for blackout, typically with a build like this.

The disc priests we had in my PvP guild all specced 5 points into shadow for blackout, typically with a build like this.

Seems like a decent build. Blackout is pretty great for the reasons I said, and what else is there to put 5 useful points in?

Well "Blessed Recovery" isn't too bad, quite good against physical dd's and it looks quite cool. I mean it'll procc the entire time against those classes. + a point into "Holy Nova" wouldn't be too shabby either.

Last edited:
Well "Blessed Recovery" isn't too bad, quite good against physical dd's and it looks quite cool. I mean it'll procc the entire time against those classes. + a point into "Holy Nova" wouldn't be too shabby either.

Holy nova is only good for spamming r1 to find rogues, it's a terrible ability. Blessed recovery is kind of okay, but far from spectacular. If the healing buffs stacked then that'd be one thing, but it didn't, so it was kind of meh.

Yea, but hey u could join up with an arcane mage -> run to enemy faction main city's auction house -> blow cooldowns/trinkets and giggle at all the honor you're getting. ;D

Dunno if it does or not, but you can follow one up with another.

I'm pretty sure it doesnt and I think either u or everyone else would be dead within 15 secs! But whaseva, I didn't want to make this all theorycrafty, just thought it would be a fun bombing duo.

Last edited:
Well, if only priest could handle physical damage and the bubble had more than 10% scaling.

#1: Shaman (Orc)
Shield.
Mail.
Wolf Form.
Chain-Heal.
Lesser Healing Wave.
Cure Poison.
WF Totem.
Tremor Totem.
Earth-Bind Totem.
Poison Cleanse Totem.
Purge.
Frost Shock.
Earth Shock.
Resist Totems.
Mana-Tide.
Hardiness.

#2: Priest (Dwarf) / Druid (Tauren) / Paladin (Dwarf)

Priest (Dwarf)
Dispel Magic.
Flash Heal.
PW: Shield.
Silence.
Black Out.
Fear Ward.
PW: Fort.
Shadow Resist.
Renew.
SW: Pain.
Mind Blast.
Psychic Scream.
Stone Form.

Druid (Tauren)
Rejuvination + Regrowth + Abolish Poison.
Swiftmend.
Roots.
Nature's Grasp.
Feral Charge.
Bash.
Prowl.
Dash.
Pounce.
Travel Form.
Bear Form.
Innervate.
Decurse.
Moonfire (R1).
Insect Swarm (R1).
Faerie Fire.
Thorns.
MotW.
Demoralizing Roar.
Barkskin.
Warstomp.

Paladin (Dwarf)
BoK, BoM, BoW, BoS, BoF.
Seal of Justice + Judgment.
HoJ.
Shield.
Plate.
Cleanse.
Holy Light.
BoP.
Divine Shield.
Resist Auras.
Concentration Aura.
Repentance.
Stone Form.

#3 Priest (Troll/UD) / Druid (Night Elf) / Paladin (Human)

#4 Priest (Night Elf/Human)

Druids are underrated imo. Decursing is very useful, and being able to heal while on the move is awesome. Bash+Roots+FC+Travel Form+Cat Form > Dash is just amazing. They have tons of minor Debuffs+Buffs that make it harder and harder to dispel.

Priests are overrated. They have no way to dispel poisons or curses and they have no mobility either. Hunters, Rogues, Warriors and Warlocks wreck them sideways. But, they have Dispel Magic. PW: Shield isn't as great as I would like it to be. Black Out is usually good.

Paladins are hard to nail down. They're great against Warriors and Hunters. They do however really suck against Warlocks and sometimes Mages. Their healing is the weakest of all four healers. But, they have HoJ + Repentance and SoJ > Judgment + BoF + BoP, meaning they can usually keep someone alive even under a decent bit of pressure. Cleanse is strong pretty much all the time.

Shaman are not as tanky as Paladins, but not as squishy as Priests. They have some mobility, and more importantly, good snares. They have AoE dispels and healing via Totems and Chain-Heal. They have Mana-Tide. Best of all Windfury, Purge and Lesser Healing Wave. They suck against Rogues. But, then again, everyone sucks against Rogues - except maybe Hunters and Druids.

Imo: Shaman (Orc) if you're playing Horde and Priest/Paladin (Dwarf) if you're playing Alliance. If you want to roll Druid, Horde is better, because it's harder for the Alliance to dispel offensively than it is for the Horde. Alliance Druids will find it excruciating to deal with Purge+Devour Magic+Dispel Magic on any given day. Albeit, it's easier to Root against the Horde, since they don't have Cleanse or BoF.

I really wouldn't recommend trying to do things like useless AoE with a healer. Breaking a Trap, Sap, Sheep, etc, is just... unnerving....

Well, if only priest could handle physical damage and the bubble had more than 10% scaling.

Bubble is an instant cast, so it receives 43% +spell damage/healing, unless they made a specific coefficient for it that I've forgotten.

Basic rank 10 : 942

Added 90 healing --> 951
Added 92 healing --> 960
Added 28 healing --> 963

Seems like 10% to me.

Or maybe Theorycraft addon is wrong.
This should be tested in a duel with a full healing set.
Do the math for 10% and 43%.
Have some casters shoot a bolt, which should deal a set amount in between the 2 breaking points. See if it breaks the shield. Do it again in case the bolt critted.

I know it's TBC, but they also have 10% on elitist jerks ( http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic/9354-damage-coefficients/ )

Last edited:
AFAIK Bubble spell coeff. used to be 10% in Vanilla, got bumped in BC when the devs noticed the spell was too weak compared to the gear levels in end Vanilla.

I have a quick question: how are you supposed to gear a resto sham/resto druid with PvP? The pvp sets are (imo) horrid for pure healing so raiding is needed right?

Top Bottom