• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Best Tank Race?

Wowguy

What exactly is the best race for Horde tanks? I’ve heard some of the guys over at Vanguard saying that Troll is best, and while health regeneration is not to be ignored, Berserking is useless for a tank. Tauren, on the other hand, has a slightly larger health pool, and I’ve seen most Horde tanks as Tauren and Orcs during my time playing the game, so which race is truly the best for tanking?

Troll can be good only if you wanna use http://classicdb.ch/?item=18203 + berserker. ( or just fast speed dagger) It's rly god tier for rage generation/heroic spam/high threat - rly good for hardcore guild fast runs(high burst damage). So it's hard to say.

Last edited:
Berserking means more threat per second. The bonus health is negligible because as long as heals are not oom, you have an infinite health pool.

Orc I say. Hardiness and axe skill are handy. UD Wotf is life saviour sometimes.

Tauren increased HP is only 5% BASE, so doesnt scale with gear. At 60 is a flat 200hp increase, not worth IMHO.

Troll for the looks. Considering you will be topped most of the time, 10% IAS for 15 sec is kinda meh

If you want the REAL best Tank race, roll Human for sword spec, as most endgame tanking weapons are swords.

Orc I say. Hardiness and axe skill are handy. UD Wotf is life saviour sometimes.

Tauren increased HP is only 5% BASE, so doesnt scale with gear. At 60 is a flat 200hp increase, not worth IMHO.

Troll for the looks. Considering you will be topped most of the time, 10% IAS for 15 sec is kinda meh
I know this is kind of a late quote, but if you look at the Endurance passive, it states that the Total Health is increased by 5%, so it would absolutely scale with gear. You're thinking of TBC/WotLK or later where it was changed to a 5% base increase.

Gnome

Ever tanked Onyxia as a gnome? You're about as big as her toenails! And the racial is great too - not so much for tanking, but it comes in handy from time to time.

I know this is kind of a late quote, but if you look at the Endurance passive, it states that the Total Health is increased by 5%, so it would absolutely scale with gear. You're thinking of TBC/WotLK or later where it was changed to a 5% base increase.

I have a level 60 tauren warrior, tooltip doesnt specify that is total health BEFORE gear/buffs. In other words, base health

Top Bottom