• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Beta mobs hp/dmg/absorb etc.

JoeShmoe

So I really noticed this when I started testing Warriors. I guess on a caster its not as noticeable. Mobs in general seem to be far weaker when compared to other Vanilla experiences. Mob dmg to me seems close, but low.. I never struggled even when I got 2 mobs by mistake. I rarely miss even when dual wielding, damage done to the mob seems much higher and as a result I have near endless rage which is my main pointer - Warriors did not play like that in Vanilla even with talents. I went through many different level brackets testing this as warr, even untalented. I was in garbage gear the entire time, mainly just buying poor quality items from vendors Im familiar with.

So to rephrase, Untalented Warrior geared with garbage items is absolutely tearing through mobs just by auto attacking. I would only use heroic strike if I was tired of seeing my rage bar full and killed a mob in 3sec as a result. There is also not much struggle as a result of poor quality gear in terms of mobs beating me down, which shouldnt be the case as a warrior is heavily gear dependent for survival and damage from the start.

I'm not gonna pretend I know the data involved with how much dmg this mob does or should take in meele, or hp amount etc. However, as I've played played WoW since launch and Warrior was my main almost the entire game I just have to say it doesnt feel right at all. Maybe somebody here knows what goin on?

Yay for Charge working near flawless tho!!

did you level yourself or just used .level? I think its all because of 300/300 weapon skills and 300/300 defense you got when you raise up to 60 and then delevel back to some low one the skills versions will remain for lvl 60. I noticed the same thing

Last edited:
Just tested 2 mob at lv 7 rape my poor warrior :p

i guess u was testing with 300/300 weampon skill and defense

I have tested this with my warrior, leveled by questing and in comparsion to Kronos 2, mobs actualy are a bit weaker than they should.

>compared to non-kronos-cool vanilla private servers...

Compared to playing WoW since release.

did you level yourself or just used .level? I think its all because of 300/300 weapon skills and 300/300 defense you got when you raise up to 60 and then delevel back to some low one the skills versions will remain for lvl 60. I noticed the same thing

I did the testing with .level at 5lvl increments and never de-leveled. Like I said I bought trash vendor gear along the way.. from 45-55 I was stuck using pretty low level weapons for the mob fights. My armor wasnt any better. But no I never went to 60 for the skills and de-leveled. At first I thought pre20 was the easiest, but when I got to the plaguelands all the mobs there just melted and I rarely needed to rest after chain pulling. The toughest I experienced were probably the Hinterlands Trolls. They slowed me down a good bit, still even with BAF or mob running aggro I never died.

I mean I dont know specific mob hp/dmg like I said, but Warrior was a cake walk and anybody whos played a Warrior in Vanilla knows it should be a nightmare. Maybe its a Warrior bug and not the mobs.. I dunno

when you use .level your weapon skills + defense become capped for that level, could be why

This whole thing sounds worse then it is to fix. Since chero changed the hp/dmg/ap etc. value system, he just need the correct values, and its fixed in not even 5secs. So just give unmodified dmg values and everything will be fine again in no time.

Yes, the overall feeling is that mobs are undertuned. Razorgore had 0 or negative armour. Even mobs in BWL are easy.

if you level up to 60 and then down during beta with commands your skills stay lvl 60 and your gear is not unequipped so it is the same as being lvl 60.

if you want to test the dmg then don't level down but only lvl to the point you want to test, just seems like you leveled to 60 kept skills & maybe even gear and then leveled down and judged it as if you had that lvls skill & gear. the defense stat changes a lot on how much dmg you deal and the lower lvl you are the more you benefit from it.

so not really something to be addressed but simply a misunderstanding caused by not checking skill/gear after leveling down via command.

if you level up to 60 and then down during beta with commands your skills stay lvl 60 and your gear is not unequipped so it is the same as being lvl 60.

if you want to test the dmg then don't level down but only lvl to the point you want to test, just seems like you leveled to 60 kept skills & maybe even gear and then leveled down and judged it as if you had that lvls skill & gear. the defense stat changes a lot on how much dmg you deal and the lower lvl you are the more you benefit from it.

so not really something to be addressed but simply a misunderstanding caused by not checking skill/gear after leveling down via command.

If you dont bother to read then why do you bother to post?

- - - Updated - - -

This whole thing sounds worse then it is to fix. Since chero changed the hp/dmg/ap etc. value system, he just need the correct values, and its fixed in not even 5secs. So just give unmodified dmg values and everything will be fine again in no time.

I hope you're right. I looked through notes to see before I originally posted to see if this was the fact but found nothing. Really dont understand the reasoning behind him changing mob values to be weaker during a final beta either, but not my call. Hopefully it is a simple change and not one where they have to go through each and every single mob putting in the correct data.. b/c that could take alot of time.

Would be good to have an official response here. It sound like the most serious bug on current Kronos. It seems we have a report now (internal report called NPC damage - https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=4456), so... it's gonna be fixed :) Good luck with that. Looking forward for "Check it now" from Chero, strong mobs back and many thanks from us.

I think u get me wrong, the system how to handle them changed, so may some values changed. Nobody ever wanted to lower any values. And if something is wrong now its easier to fix it then ever. But the point is why this didn't already happen, without any proven values nothing will be changed. Post some proves (incl armor to consider) and this will be fixed with the next update. So easy.

So, I have done some comoparsion with infamous feenix server wit 1lvl warrior against lvl 4 defias thug, the result is:
-Damage dealt by NPCs is the same or differs by 1 point (i have also tested this with high level char with the same result)
-Damage done by me, is higher on Kronos than on feenix.
-On feenix, my hits were 3-4 noncrit, and many hits were missed/dodged/parryed/blocked or glancing.
-On kronos, my damage was 4-5 and no blocks, and only few dodge/miss/parry/glancing. Much less than on feenix.

From 10 hits, i fully hited 2 on feenix and 6 on kronos. And when glancing, on feenix i dealt 1-3 dmg while on kronos 3-4.

However, when i tested dmg vs 1 level wolf, it was the same for kronos and feenix.

Edit: So it seems that problem is in avoidance and armor scaling for higher lvl NPCs and in glancing calculations.
Just to clarify, on both i had 10/10 sword skill and 5/5 defense skill.

Edit 2: I forgot to mention, my damage vs 1 lvl wolves was 4-5 on both servers, while vs lvl4 defias, it was higher on kronos.

Last edited:
^^ Not bashing, but try at higher levels too. Some mobs feel about as hard as starter area mobs.

Top Bottom