• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Beta suggestions

goris

Authorized
Just in case it actually needs to be said...

1. Consider starting as soon as possible. On the 27th I mean. Provided that Chero(&Jenda?) is present, for unexpected emergency updates, I see no reason for waiting until evening as is typical with twinstar releases. Take in consideration that this is an international project, with people from all the different timezones coming to play. Evening, say 20:00 CET, might be cool for us Europeans, but for Australians(+7,+8,+9), or even Russians(+2 and more) it is too late. A beta launch doesn't need to be a flashy "event". I'd say just click the button and watch the people come.

2. Be prepared for the competition. Apart from the possible DDoS attempts, there WILL be people spreading shit through global channels and there WILL be people trying their best to find a way to spoil our testing experience. For example, with the .tele command, I wouldn't be shocked if each respective faction's initial spawn location is corpsecamped by full epic assholes. Hope a new character is created with /pvp off. I'd suggest having active GMs online the whole time, monitoring the chat and any jerks trying to exploit, at least until the competition launches their realm. If you're short on staff, I'm sure that, if asked, veteran community members would gladly help during the first days.

3. This one is aimed at the players. Kronos is awesome. Awesome=/=flawless though. With ridiculously high expectations, the real deal can't possibly live up to it. The way Kronos has been talked about these past few months, I'd half expect it to suck my dong when I log in. Try to have realistic expectations. You may even encounter a bug or two. That's OK! Report that bug if it isn't reported already and focus on the functional things. When comparing Kronos to something, compare it to other real servers. Not to what expectations you may have had.

Pretty sure I had more, but I can't think of it right now. Happy beta-ing.

Last edited:
Good Idea...but Gm 24/7 Online...think its possible only on blizzard :D

For example, with the .tele command, I wouldn't be shocked if each respective faction's initial spawn location is corpsecamped by full epic assholes.

however, there will be no teleport commands as we would like you to travel by normal means.

But I agree with you though

1. Consider starting as soon as possible. On the 27th I mean. Provided that Chero(&Jenda?) is present, for unexpected emergency updates, I see no reason for waiting until evening as is typical with twinstar releases. Take in consideration that this is an international project, with people from all the different timezones coming to play. Evening, say 20:00 CET, might be cool for us Europeans, but for Australians(+7,+8,+9), or even Russians(+2 and more) it is too late. A beta launch doesn't need to be a flashy "event". I'd say just click the button and watch the people come.

Releasing the server as early as possible on the 27th is important. I'm hoping to start testing as soon as I get home and then compare to Nos the next day.

Yet still it takes them 4 days to answer a ticket

Yeah dude, even on these days, when everything is supposed to be "improved" they take so long to answer a simple ticket. I recall some years ago, I made a ticket and got answered in like 5 mins. Bli$$ard is so shi**y right now.

Top Bottom