• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

BG Que - Solution

You are like the Ghandi of this server, but not in a good way somehow.
All i have done, was just keeping trying to save server, but it is too late i gueess, after Admins announcement that they will not remove join command, i could say that big amount of Alliance was pissed off, and decided to leave server, it's just reality.

Here's an idea I've been tossing around for a while now. What if when one faction is lacking people in queue to start a game, a random invite goes out to people in a certain level range saying they've been called to battle. They would have 30 seconds to accept or the invite goes away. This invite would not go to people in dungeons or raids. If they accept, they join the BG and get an extra reward of some kind if they remain until the end; make it a better reward if they win. Afterward, they are ported back to the spot they joined from.

Here's an idea I've been tossing around for a while now. What if when one faction is lacking people in queue to start a game, a random invite goes out to people in a certain level range saying they've been called to battle. They would have 30 seconds to accept or the invite goes away. This invite would not go to people in dungeons or raids. If they accept, they join the BG and get an extra reward of some kind if they remain until the end; make it a better reward if they win. Afterward, they are ported back to the spot they joined from.
Now that is an excelent idea however i believe the popup would bother those not interrested so how about when there is a certain lack a server/system message is displayed to those in the leveling group enabling the .join feature for a short time for example 2 min. etc.

But i dont think extra reward is needed as that would only trigger a lot of people. its a nice bandaid idea that can elivate the harm that the removal caused... and please i know people will try to contradict me right away but please look at amount of battlegrounds popping.. the only happy ones are those who want to play on a pve server and those that where already at the top 1% of pvp... that is a very small amount of players compared to the remaining pvp'ers who simply enjoy pvp but now wait 15-47 min. easily if not more...

The extra reward is to entice Ally carebears to join. And yes this is just a band-aid solution to potentially help with queue times. The only real solution, given the limitations of a single private server, is to change the makeup of BGs as others have mentioned. Allow Horde vs Horde and mixed teams (hey, that's how arenas work, why not) - only when necessary of course. Yeah you lose a little lore but at this point in the life of the game, we just want to play.

Going further, I'd completely remove the ability to queue as anything but solo. Kill premades completely; and when you queue you get a random hidden timer before you actually are in the queue to avoid a 3...2...1...join! approach. Split people up. More pug vs pug would entice A LOT more casuals to run BGs where they will actually have a chance to have fun and not get curbstomped all day by 24/7 rankers.

Top Bottom