• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

BG question

lindiien

I looked at the timeline, and it shows AV released Aug 2018. When will WSG and AB be released? When will honor start?

Arathi Basin will come at the same time as ZG, Warsong Gulch will come a month after the elemental invasions. The honor system was added at the same time as the elemental invasions.

Arathi Basin will come at the same time as ZG, Warsong Gulch will come a month after the elemental invasions. The honor system was added at the same time as the elemental invasions.
They never said this is how K3 will work, and I really doubt they'll delay AB for no reason. Guess they simply didn't decide yet when to enable honor system, and when to enable WSG/AB. Might be from day 1, but I think it's up for a discussion.

It will most likely be done in a similar way as it was done for K1 & K2, afterall there are those who play primarily for the pvp aspect of the game and i doubt it would affect PvE all too much, they could still limit the Honor Hall's until the patch that granted access to the different rank's equipment.

In the end we don't know before they announce it as Nim stated before so until they announce it we can only assume what will happen but personally i believe it will follow the pattern of K1 & K2 with the only exception being Ranked equipment being released later as obviously R14 equipment would be quite a leap forward for anyone that would bring them gear equal to BWL.

at least that is my guess ^^ pretty much same as what nim said.

+1 queue for BG outside of town while leveling
(and when BG over, maybe return to previous location or closest city)

+1 queue for BG outside of town while leveling (and when BG over, maybe return to previous location or closest city)
Great way to cheat and earn your insignia before entering PvP locations!

Great way to cheat and earn your insignia before entering PvP locations!

What does that even mean? I don't know anything about cheating but my bros and I only play Vanilla for PVP. If the Kronos server was PvE it would be dead and nobody would play.

Maybe worry more about people who bot and exploit rather than those who just want to level and PVP.

The instance / dungeon queue script feature @ each inn is awesome but poorly implemented. Nobody really knows about it but it's amazing if used. Could just as well dupe that into the same window for when people queue.

What does that even mean?
Insignia of the Alliance
Insignia of the Horde

Quite useful in areas like Redridge Mountains or Hillsbrad Foothills, where the very first PvP begins. Those are hardly attainable unless you visit battlegrounds specifically for it.

Queueing from anywhere gives a way easier, and if K3 will have enough people, every random always-in-a-queue questing guy will probably get it by the time they reach these locations.

People are going to get the trinket regardless. Rank 1 is really easy to attain, I guesstimate 15 - 50 honorable kills. You say they get it quicker, but if I had to guess, it's not that much quicker. Why would you discourage PVP if you enjoy playing on a PVP server? If I had to guess, here would be some template replies:
  • hey man, i wanna keep it blizzlike
  • i dislike PVP but that is where the pop is at so i have to play here
  • i'm not very good at pvp
  • i play a class that has a higher pvp skillcap, and i don't wanna play a hunter
  • i enjoy walking to major cities to queue, do nothing and wait 10 - 30 minutes for a queue
  • people are going to abuse XYZ or ABC

Repeatable battleground quests will be fixed (turning in marks), where XP will be awarded below level 60. This will yield a small amount of silver at level 60.

Has this been implemented on K2? How much experience do you get pre 60 for the turn in if it has?

People are going to get the trinket regardless. Rank 1 is really easy to attain, I guesstimate 15 - 50 honorable kills.
I think it's 15 (although the game tells it's 25, I think) + wait until the next Wednesday. That's not a reason to give the trinkets away. People ought to go to battlegrounds and fight there instead of playing like if it's Solitaire while doing anything else.

Why would you discourage PVP if you enjoy playing on a PVP server?
I don't discourage, I do enjoy.

hey man, i wanna keep it blizzlike
i enjoy walking to major cities to queue
Definitely. More than that, I would even force people to go to battleground portals.

that is where the pop is at so i have to play here
A lot of T3-geared come lately. And PvE guys will still PvE, no matter if they're in a raid, battleground or world. I wouldn't call that PvP. We should monitar AV to see if those geared guys will still rush to the boss instead of fighting and doing objectives.

i'm not very good at pvp
i play a class that has a higher pvp skillcap, and i don't wanna play a hunter
Well, D2 prot-holy paladin here. Never said I was good, but I can kill some undergeared players, and I can do a well-timed blessing or a cleanse or be somewhere you wouldn't expect, like an unguarded farm in Arathi or rushing into flag room at Warsong with no support or gear against several enemies (and with couple of potions, probably successful), or retrieving a checkpoint in Alterac nobody bothers to go to.
people are going to abuse XYZ or ABC
They always will, they're humans.

Top Bottom