• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Big UI-help / ask questions thread

Frim

Mod Edit:This is now the UI-Help mega thread

Hey guys.

Im fooling around on feenix to set up my UI and Im quite happy with what I got now besides one thing. One of my addons is disabling the default blizzard xp bar which I want to keep.

I can find it using MoveAnything but it's just not visible. And I can't upload or view any screenshots because the format is .TGA which I dont have the darndest idea about, some help regarding that would be appreciated aswell :)

Here's the list of addons I use:
OmniCC
AtlasLoot
Bartender2 (checked to see if it was disabled here but I cant even find xp bar as an option)
CleanMinimap
EnhTooltip
EquipCompare
MobInfo2
MoveAnything
OneBag
Prat
Stubby
TitanPanel (with most default plugins, not the XP one though)
XLoot

Greatful for any help at all, cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Help concerning xp bar

Bartender hides the actionbar, I do not know of a way to enable it again.

Xperl has an exp bar you can turn on. Iy goes right under your character hp/mana

- - - Updated - - -

It is off by default.

The only addon in your list that affects the XP bar is bartender. I'll reinstall the addon and try to recreate your problem to see if I can find a solution

If you're not able to make it work, I would recommend BEB (Basic Experience Bar). It's a stand-alone addon and it's easy to config.

I came on here to suggest exactly what Cube said. Bartender2 does not config the experience bar and actually removes it completely. There is no option to bring it back. The only way to is to have a separate mod for it...in this case Better Experience Bar. Thanks for bringing to light this issue.

Last edited:

Xperl has an exp bar you can turn on. Iy goes right under your character hp/mana

- - - Updated - - -

It is off by default.

Thanks for the tips guys, Im going with this solution :)

But what about the screenshots being saved as .TGA files? Is that default for everyone or any way to by-pass this?

No way to bypass this...you have to download an image viewer that can view/edit it. Once you are able to edit it you can change the format.

I use IrfanView - Its free, lightweight and just awesome overall

You will be able to easily view the .TGA files and save them as jpeg/png format just as easily.

Hope that helps.

I've encountered another UI problem now when Im trying to use Cartagropher. When I have it enabled, my UI gets all screwed up, bartender, prat and some other add-ons stop working. Here's some pics.

EDIT: Or come to think of it, it might just be bartender that gets disabled lol. Any ideas?

Addons I use:
OmniCC
Atlas
Bartender2
Cartographer
ElkBuffbar
EnhTooltip
EquipCompare
KLHThreatMeter
LunaUnitFrames
Mobinfo2
MoveAnything
oCB
OneBag
Prat
simpleMinimap
Stubby
Titan
Xloot

Without Cartagropher (the way my UI is supposed to look like):

With Cartagropher:

Last edited:

How strange. Have you tried different version of Cartographer? Do you have the latest one (for vanilla)?

Well the easiest way to fix that error would be to use a notepad with line # in it, i use "notepad++" myself.

Then go into the lua file it tells the error happens on and find the line, most times it rather obvious what is wrong! :)

I've just tried to look through my own cartograther code, it might be that you are missing some ace libs, cartographer looks for a acelibary in that specific method call.

"AceLocale-2.2"

You can check which libs are with the addon under this directory.

"..\Interface\AddOns\Cartographer\Libs\"

Hopefully that can help you a little further :)

-Aik

Last edited:

How strange. Have you tried different version of Cartographer? Do you have the latest one (for vanilla)?

I havent found any others, I got this version from the google drive in the other addon thread, user helpful experience or something I belive it's called.

Well the easiest way to fix that error would be to use a notepad with line # in it, i use "notepad++" myself.

Then go into the lua file it tells the error happens on and find the line, most times it rather obvious what is wrong! :)

I've just tried to look through my own cartograther code, it might be that you are missing some ace libs, cartographer looks for a acelibary in that specific method call.

"AceLocale-2.2"

You can check which libs are with the addon under this directory.

"..\Interface\AddOns\Cartographer\Libs\"

Hopefully that can help you a little further :)

-Aik

Very kind answer, especially since you've taken the time to write all that but Im sorry I don't have any idea how to mix with files and change things.. lol computer noob here!

From your screen shot it's obvious, that cartographer looks for some basic UI feature, that is disabled by other addons.

That it's in conflict with other addons and will not work together... But, you can try this:

Disable all other addons except cartographer and see if it happens again. If yes:

check your AddOns/Cartographer/Cartographer/Libs for AceLocale-2.2 folder. If it's missing, then you have bad cartographer and you must find another. If it'S there, then i don't know :biggrin:

check your AddOns/Cartographer/Cartographer/Libs for AceLocale-2.2 folder. If it's missing, then you have bad cartographer and you must find another. If it'S there, then i don't know :biggrin:

As Aieris writes aswell, then go check the subfolder of your interface addons.

All these subfolders should be there.

AceAddon-2.0
AceComm-2.0
AceConsole-2.0
AceDB-2.0
AceEvent-2.0
AceHook-2.1
AceLibary
AceLocale-2.2
AceModuleCore-2.0
AceOO-2.0
Babble-Boss-2.2
Babble-Spell-2.2
Babble-Zone-2.2
Dewdrop-2.0
Tablet-2.0
Tourist-2.0

If the AceLocale-2.2 does exists, then if you try and zip/rar your addon folder and make available online then i can take a look at it for you. :)

(Skype / teamviewer fungere også for mig, om det er på kvelden)

-Aik

You guys are great Aieris & aikundo! Thanks for the tips, made it a whole lot easier this time :biggrin:
Going away on a trip for 1.5 week tomorrow morning, but when I get back I'll be sure to try this out!

Hello, I was wondering about all these wonderful add-ons you guys have set up: where would one download a compatible version for Kronos? Are they just circulating the web and such, or is there a specified web link you guys tend to use?

Hello, I was wondering about all these wonderful add-ons you guys have set up: where would one download a compatible version for Kronos? Are they just circulating the web and such, or is there a specified web link you guys tend to use?
Try out this thread Cr0wl0ck has gathered alot of addons for 1.12.1 .Not everything will work to a 100% ... you have to try them. Another source I personally use are the f***ix forums, they got a nice add-on part and some members who are working on new addons or fix old ones, just have a look. Only thing you do not want to get from there are Bossmods because they fixed the number to match their server. I hope I could help a bit.
Link to thread from Cr0wl0ck:
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php?t=85589

Edit: You can also try out these addons compiled by Struckd: http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php?t=91251
He is explaining some very useful addons and what they do.

Last edited:
Try out this thread Cr0wl0ck has gathered alot of addons for 1.12.1 .Not everything will work to a 100% ... you have to try them. Another source I personally use are the f***ix forums, they got a nice add-on part and some members who are working on new addons or fix old ones, just have a look. Only thing you do not want to get from there are Bossmods because they fixed the number to match their server. I hope I could help a bit.
Link to thread from Cr0wl0ck:
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php?t=85589

Edit: You can also try out these addons compiled by Struckd: http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php?t=91251
He is explaining some very useful addons and what they do.

Much appreciated! I will most definitely take a look at those, thank you.

Is there anyone that has a vanilla addon pack to set UI neatly with? One where the addons don't error out on eachother? The huge addon lists are great to find little extra addons, but to set up my UI i'm lost :l

Top Bottom