• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Priest Big's Discipline Priest PvP Guide

What Lharts posted is a mix, maybe suited for his playstyle, it depends on what you want to do. You can heal, dps and peel a bit. But since that spec is made for everything, its not good at anything, if you get what im saying. Worse healing than full disc/holy, worse dps than shadow.
But it does seem antiboring, since you can switch up your playstyle depending on the fight.

PvP isn't static. It is good to be able to adapt to situations.
Saying a mix spec is useless is just wrong. Otherwise elemental mages were shit too.

PvP isn't static. It is good to be able to adapt to situations.
Saying a mix spec is useless is just wrong. Otherwise elemental mages were shit too.

my spec is mixed, your spec lacks things needed for everything past 1v1 situation, silence is good against x y and z classes, and mind flay is pretty much meh at best, but holy nova is good for team play, 1v1 play as well as PI and the thing that increases mana is a MUST unless youre decked to the shitter in top end gear, which most people who pvp and pvp only are not

edit - not to mention the stats that you get building up in disc and holy, and id take Manaburn decreased speed over silence anyday

Last edited:
Personaly this build suits my dwarf priest beastly(i find priest main role to dispel both offensive as deffensive, shield friendly targets, throw renew, mb few heals. Pala healing is way more effective on wsg then priests)
http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_5_85c23213012e230501l50232210051d0
I prefer offensive style of play, silance must be for me for few reasons:
Can avoid cc from mage.
Can avoid huge burst on me or fc
Offensive play.

And other talents:
blackout - very good skill, only talent that allows somehow kite enemys spaming r1 swp (RNG!)(priest lacks cc/kite abilities, i don't speak about engineering but basic class stuff)
mind flay - slow. nothing to add, can be a savior for fc if holy tree is locked.
Shadow focus - fear resists. Sorrie priest lack of hit.
shadow weaving - +5 debuffs to dispell for enemy class. swp rank 1 - ~25 mana dispel ~200 mana

Holy nova - against enemy rogs. instant heal in nuke situtations.

Idk why to go full disci, when disci tbh doesn't have anything that support fight beside 3 min PI. Although disci have less mana issues, still all mana issues i cover with combat mana pots spam + zg staff with 20 spirit enchant

Last edited:
Any chance we could see those talent specs on a still working calculator?
afaik it was PI, all that is important is 31 points into discipline tree, the rest isnt really important (except if you want blackout, otherwise go 20 points into holy)

alternatives are imp mana burn + mind flay or silence specc

Any chance we could see those talent specs on a still working calculator?

At the time this was posted, we were out-geared pretty heavily by the Synced boys, so the spec was pretty defensive:

http://armory.twinstar.cz/talent-ca...023213350510123055101030000000000000000000000

It was something like this. Fairly cookie-cutter but incredibly effective. It also picks up the shortened and cheaper "Heal", so you're not too gimped when it comes to PvE and can top people off during quiet periods of a game with the better coefficients. If you're going pure PvP then you may choose to drop improved healing and use the 3 points in holy specialization or improved mana burn but I tend to keep it for mana conservation purposes. The PI can be popped offensively or defensively (on yourself/another healer) if people around you are taking big damage, giving your output a nice boost on demand.

However, don't underestimate what Lharts said earlier in the thread: the hybrid specs are viable, as they expand your toolkit an awful lot but it's really down to the individual.

Last edited:
Top Bottom