• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Hunter Bite vs. Claw

frederik

Authorized
Hello,

I trained my pet in both Bite and Claw. I wonder now what is better for DPS. I tried to set both to auto as Bite has a 10 second cooldown and does more damage per focus. But with Claw on auto as well my pet barely has focus to use Bite in between. So I guess I can only set one of those on auto.
Right now I have claw on auto for DPS. In dungeons however it happens frequently had I had to off-tank. With claw consuming my pets focus very quickly I often did not have focus available for Growl when I needed it. So I had Bite on auto there and set Growl on auto too when I needed it. There is always some focus left to use Growl instantly.
What would you suggest when to use Claw and when to use Bite in certain situations?
Maybe my pet can use both when I have Bestial Discipline skilled as it increases its focus regeneration by 20%.

There is no math to do, unless you are a genius able to do 4-5 things at a time or an ex-pro SC broodwar player with 320 APM in raid you dont spec Bite and go for Claw only (full fire resistance + stam and some other lower resist buff for the rest of the point) in Raid situation.

I dont have the time/capability between micromanaging the pet + focusin on dps rotation + trinket switching to manually launch bite and claw for an optimal dps.

For farming optimal build would be with bite and growl, and pvp i wont waste point in bite because the pet only use it at engage.

Top Bottom