• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Blackwing Lair Tests and Argent Dawn Armaments

Chero

Kronos Administrator
Dear Players,

as most of you already know, we intend to release Blackwing Lair later this month. To find and resolve remaining issues and deliver you the best possible raiding experience we would like to conduct test raids with your help. The first raids will take place on Monday the 10th of August, starting* between 5 and 7 PM CEST. Guilds interested in participating need to be able to provide at least 5 but will be allowed no more than 10 slots total for this testing session. Characters will be copied from the live realm. To participate Guild Masters must send an e-mail to [email protected]. This e-mail needs to include the Guild’s name, the Guild Master’s name, and the names, classes, and roles of the players available, as well as the timeframe you will be able to participate. Please also provide an in-game screenshot from the Guild Master with the Character and Guild panels opened to ensure legitimacy. You may include more than 10 players on this list to make it easier for us to allocate proper setups for the raid groups. Players chosen to participate as well as the final starting time will be announced a few days in advance.

*If your group is unable to make the starting times you may apply regardless and function as backups, as the test sessions will most likely go on well into the evening/night.

We would also like to inform you that by next server update, players will have access to the Argent Dawn Armament quests.

The Kronos Team

http://www.kronos-wow.com/2015/08/01/blackwing-lair-tests-and-argent-dawn-armaments/

Why is this released now? This was released with the naxx patch, what is the point of releasing this now?

Most players in progression oriented guilds are already geared to the maximum and we thus do not believe this impacts future progression in a meaningful way. This simply offers all our players more content for the time being and may also increase interest in AD related dungeons for players who no longer need items from these instances.

I really hope that BWL actual doesn't get launched at a time like this. Really tough for any NA players to participate.

Please do not release the Argent Dawn Armaments quests. There is no reason for anyone to have any of that year yet. This would NOT be Blizz-like.

NA players will hopefully come over from the other server once BWL comes out. Just because you won't play it right away doesn't mean you won't get the chance to later.

NA players will hopefully come over from the other server once BWL comes out. Just because you won't play it right away doesn't mean you won't get the chance to later.

I was referring to the time this test launches, 10 am for most NA players.

Please do not release the Argent Dawn Armaments quests. There is no reason for anyone to have any of that year yet. This would NOT be Blizz-like.

Holding such quests back until their original-blizzlike release would be pointless. Look at those quests we are talking about http://db.vanillagaming.org/?npc=11536#starts

Most of these rewards (blue and epic) are inferior to stuff you can already get in current content. On top of that every item on the list needs a lot of those scourge stones which can only be obtained by doing more quests and collecting fragments of the undead. The time and effort to get these items is comparable to silithus rewards (which has already been released and is arguably even harder to get) Its not like there is suddenly raining epics from the sky for everyone. Its just another timesink for people who want to farm. Its not even a big gear upgrade.

Playing 100% blizzlike is pointless, we have seen this with the talent respec cost. 50g? Kronos made a great choice by capping it at 5g. They need to make choices that are in favor of the best possible gaming experience for the players. And releasing EVERY little detail blizzlike is clearly not the best way to go. The T0.5 Questline is another example. I am sure we will get it some time after BWL and ZG (few months) On the original timeline it was released AFTER AQ40. Why would they hold back this great questline for a year (just my estimate for AQ40) when they could release in between when Kronos would profit most from more content

I really hope that BWL actual doesn't get launched at a time like this. Really tough for any NA players to participate.
Should they make it tough to EU players to participate..? :)

Actually, I think it'll be Sunday, to equalise ~everybody.

its just like throwing the silithus stuff in too early, but not that bad.

so they are releasing this stuff so the players have more content and dont get bored so soon. but what then? if you shoot all your bullets now there wont be any for the end.

and doing such unblizzlike things are just no good advertising. for players that dont care much about blizzlikeness these things might actually be good (for the moment), but blizzlike purists are scared away.

Any reason why?
The gear isn't better then T1 except for 1-2 pieces per set and it helps new guilds to catch up with the content.
Makes for an even fairer game experience for everyone.
Side effects, the market value of some items will rise again and 5 mans get revived. This helps newer players even further.

Imo there is no good reason to delay dungeon 2 set chain.

We've already frontloaded too much nonraid content, if we release this as well we will have nothing to release between AQ and Naxx

Don't you think that with MC, Ony, BWL, Nightmare Dragons, Kazzak, Azuregos, ZG, AQ20, AQ40 and Windstones you will have enought content to keep yourself occupied till Naxxramas?
Even without outdoor bosses you have enought raids for each day of the weeks. Not to mention more then half of those raids reset faster then 1 week.

New players need a way to catch up with the rest of the playerbase. Blizzard acknowledged this and therefore created the chain.
The gear is still reasonably hard to aquire for new players and by no means beats out Tier loot, so I really do not see a problem here.

With all the dungeons we currently have, AD armaments, Silithus quests, and Zul'Gurub / AQ20 when they're released there are more than enough ways to allow people to "catch up". Not to mention the fact that most guilds dont require people to have AD/Sili gear to join a raid, and I'm pretty sure not a single guild requires you to have raid gear before getting invitied. Once in a guild you're not long from getting MC and BWL loot. "Catching up" is not as hard as you seem to think.

Other than it not being blizzlike, there are two other reasons for not releasing this too early.
  • People already have plenty to do
    Farming AD rep, Silithus rep/badges, BG ranks, other reputations and regular dungeons is enough for most players considering the age of the server.
  • If we release it soon we have nothing left
    Not only does this mess with progression, it's also a little bit depressing to know that when AQ gets released we're going to have to wait all the way until Naxx before new content gets here. This wait should be extended and made more fun and seem shorter using AD rep (which we already "wasted"), and D2 questchains. If we blow that as well we will have a very long draughtperiod with no new content getting released, because there is no more content to release.

Basically two big downsides, and no upside.

Catching up via raid content is certainly not the same as catching up via solo content.

For you as a raider there is obviously no problem. If I was new to this realm though I would be grateful for any opportunity to equip my character beyond the regular 5 man loot without having to PvP or PvE constantly.

Could you also stop this blizzlike nonsense. Its hypocrisy at best.
There is a distinct difference between the word "like" and "equal". Kronos isn't equal to blizzard which is a good thing, as Kronos can avoid the same mistakes as blizzard did.

Disagree. ZG and AQ20 will stimulate alt/offspec gearing and pugging to a much greater extent before Naxx.

But ZG is before AQ. My statement is still true as well, there will be no new content between AQ and Naxx is we release the last piece of nonraid content now. And yes, I too believe they will contribute to increased pugging, allowing people to "catch up" without having to be in a guild, nullifying the need for D2 content before AQ.

Catching up via raid content is certainly not the same as catching up via solo content.

For you as a raider there is obviously no problem. If I was new to this realm though I would be grateful for any opportunity to equip my character beyond the regular 5 man loot without having to PvP or PvE constantly.

Could you also stop this blizzlike nonsense. Its hypocrisy at best.
There is a distinct difference between the word "like" and "equal". Kronos isn't equal to blizzard which is a good thing, as Kronos can avoid the same mistakes as blizzard did.

Catching up to what?
If you want to get into a guild ot start PvEing you already have more than enough content to do that.
If you want to catch up to start doing battleground you already have more than enough content to do that.
If you want to catch up the same level of gear that raiders have without raiding, this is the wrong game/expansion.

Also, I dont consider properly distributing content over the lifetime of the expansion to be a mistake. Frontloading everything and then not having anything to release for many months would be a mistake though.

Top Bottom