• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other BRD - Dark Coffer Box Disappeared

Cpstabber

Authorized
2 nights ago our guild ran a BRD coffer run to obtain the Burning Essence from the Dark Coffer chest to provide the needed mat for 20 FR head/leg.

After opening all doors and killing the golems for us intruding we see that the heart of the mountain is there, however the box disappeared on it's own. It was there when we opened the Dark Coffer, but disappeared during our fight with the spawns.

The box was not pre-looted, not auto-looted by any party members.

The Coffer key drop rates are very low, and burning through more keys to have this happen again would continue to set us back in attempting to optimize FR for tanks w/o needing UBRS buff.

The Burning Essence was to be issued to Undertanker, we were not concerned with any other items in the coffer.

I created an in-game ticket as soon as this happened, and was informed to post on the forums of the issue/incident.

Last edited:
Bump. Really would like to get an additional 40 FR from 2 enchants, can't keep running Coffer and using guild keys for a disappearing box.

I'm not %100 certain about this as I've gotten my enchants some 8 months ago, but i think you dont need 12 keys to open all doors and fight golems etc... you just need to click the painting, find the dark keeper and kill him, get back to coffer and open it. It's the blizzlike behaviour i think.

also loot table should be %33 of each enchanting material and some random green.

Dark Coffer doesn't need any keys beside Dark Keeper Key which always drops from a Dark Keeper.

Burning Essence is not 100% guaranteed to be in the chest.

Thanks for the info of not needing the 12 coffer keys. The Dark Coffer chest disappearing though was apart of the initial report.

I'll get a group for it in the next few days and attempt again if I don't need those other keys. I've done 6 jail-breaks for the guild and a few lava runs, only 1 key looted. Nuts. Which is why I wanted some info on this report before I had my guild use the ones they have any longer.

Thanks again.

I too experienced the exact same thing. In fact we saw the great blue healing wand drop in there also and I didn't loot it and the box disappeared. I was able to rememdy this in a future run by making sure the loot was on FFA. Then I saw the burning essence, however, like others said, its shouldn't be guaranteed (I did get 2 burning essence from one box). So I highly suggest FFA and make sure only one person (the person who needs it) actually starts looting. Hope this helps!

Pronator -- GM of <Toxic>
Protection Warrior -- Alchemy/Mining
Toxic || Naxx Bosses || Roster || <Toxic> Recruitment Post || Raid Stats

Top Bottom