• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Butt hurt people?

Sunah

Was having a simple discussion with a guildie about running a spec for a certain class. This guy chimes in and says something like "WELL IF YOU DON'T PLAY THIS SPEC YOU WILL SUCK"... I asked him why he said that when he has no actual knowledge of the class (never played it) and all he could say was... "NUMBERS AND SPREADSHEETS DON'T LIE"

So my question is... Are we allowed to play classes the way we want and still show up people or Is everyone required to follow the "meta" and just do what a streamer has done? Also when I stated to him that I played the other way and topped damage easily over the other spec (almost double damage at some point) back in vanilla and all he could say was "well they must have been really bad"... Considering the fact that our guild at the time was 2nd in progression at the time must mean we were probably better than most other people haha...

I don't know... rants over... I am just butt hurt I suppose, because well.. words hurt. What's everyone's opinion on this?

So my question is... Are we allowed to play classes the way we want

Solo? Sure.

In dungeons? As long as people don't give a damn who fills the slot and rest of the group is geared enough to not need you really (in case your spec is bad).

In raids? Depends what kind of a guild you are in. Some guilds won't care at all. Some will not care as long as numbers are decent enough. Some will demand you to "follow the meta and what streamers do", no matter what kind of numbers you get. Some will question your every move and will require mathematical and logical proof of any changes you make to the established "best way of doing things", and if satisfied with your theorycrafting they will all adjust and guild will "evolve" as a whole. Some won't care what kind of numbers you pull with a certain class (hybrid dps for example) because they can replace you with a guy who does double your DPS on average in current content.

There is a place and home for everyone. You first need to figure out what it is exactly that YOU want and then look for such a place.

Last edited:
Top Bottom