• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Question Can't decide. Priest or Shaman??

Densalo

I'm so torn between these two classes! I really like them both so please hold off with the "play what you like and you'll have the most fun" responses. I'm really just looking to hear reasoning and/or experiences as to why one would be better than the other. My background and what I am looking for: 1. Came from alliance 2. I'm looking to heal in pve. I enjoy chain heal and totems so the playstyle of shaman won't bother me. Priest I know, is more versatile in their toolkit. 3. I'll be either shadow or Elemental (30/0/21) in pvp. I really like the usefulness of Ele in bgs, and would plan on playing more supportive rather than just turreting. But it's also tempting to just stick with the priest for the safety of shadow's strength in 1v1's both leveling and wpvp at 60. Also, will one healer be desired more than the other when raids open? Will shaman's be more in demand due to totems being only group wide, and CH being strong? Any input you can provide to help me get past my indecisiveness is much appreciated. Thanks!!

PVE: Shamans will always be wanted, pretty sure most guilds would prefer 8 to have one in each group so most of the time there's a shortage. Both healers are wanted but I'd say shamans are in more demand for raids.

PVP: As elemental shaman your job is usually to be one of the main dmg sources in mid fights and in offence against efc. The dmg is a bit limited though without flask until you get bwl/zg gear but its decent enough. In pugs its nice if you plan to play a supportive role as well, but in organized games I'd prefer 2-3 priests as the healers.

Priests on horde are very much welcome as its the only class with defensive dispel. If you prefer a supportive playstyle but want to do well in 1vx as well the tri-spec is fun to play around with. There's usually too many spriests running around when priest's highest potential in pvp is in a supportive role healing, dispelling and peeling.

Ps. the forums are currently broken you need to add some html to the messages to format them

Top Bottom