• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

can't we just admit that both projects are good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehran

Since <whatever> announced their release, every fanboy is bashing the other team. This is seriously annoying for a very simple reason : both Kronos wow and Nos' developers have been working hard, for years, to make a product that will be as polished as can be. Kronos has shown that their scripts are excellent, and Nos's last private tests show how fast their devs can fix what's wrong.

To sum it up, it sounds like everyone is trying to prove that their favorite server is going to be perfect , well guess what, neither <whatever> nor kronos will be perfect at release (no shit sherlock, i can kinda see it coming, but oh well.....).

Now, this is what we'll end up with : two great private servers, with a lot of work (and a lot of love) put into them, and probably the new quality standards when it comes to vanilla servers. AND-THIS-IS-GREAT!!

Can't we just admit that both solutions are fine, and that players will have a good time either way? Can't we just respect what the developers of both projects have achieved? And seriously, what if one server is a bit better compared to the other one? In the end, as long as the product is good (and as long as bugs keep getting fixed) then it is fine, really.

Bottomline : Stop being worried for Kronos, and stop asking for an early release. A lot of players already like it, and will play there. And it's the same for <whatever>. Yes, both servers will probably be compared for a long time, and yes, the notion of competition is present here, but it's a good thing, you guys, it-is-a-good-thing.

To you Kronosers and Nostalers (lel), i only have one thing to say : Keep having fun, and please keep it fun.

Cya

I usually don't give the private server community a lot of credit for being objective, especially because I personally feel that some members might be a little bit too fanatical about the server they play on.

On the topic of the servers' overall quality I still don't feel comfortable calling either project "good" (seeing as neither server has been released), but I could still objectively see that both of these projects have had a lot work and dedication put into them and I have to at least respect that.

And also, whether or not you don't like something about the other server, either Kronos or Nos or any other project really just try to remember this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI

You forgot one point.

People have preferences. You can't please everyone.

Kronos will have a few QOL features that will attract a certain kind of player. Nos has a development plan and feature that will attract a certain type of player. Like politics, no one party/server will be able to satisfy the whole vanilla community.

That is why I keep yelling from the heavens that having 2 possible quality vanilla servers be released can only have fantastic outcomes for the community as a whole. A lot of people seem to be running around scared, and their first reaction is that having both these servers will split the playerbase. To an extent that is right, in the short run. But if you sit down, calm down and think for more then a minute. You will come to the conclusion that it won't necessary split the community...but make it grow in the long run.

As the community grows/more population is available, the more beneficial it will be for both servers.

Moreover everyone is forgetting the basic rules of competition (I guess if you didn't study basic economics it might not be an immediate thought)...Competition brings innovation and higher standards, its as simple as that. I don't doubt if one of the servers didn't exist the dev team would still give it their all. But with competition that dedication/effort/drive will be pushed further.

Having two quality servers serve the vanilla community can only be beneficial.

The real problem is that people worry about population. Is the community big enough for two extra servers? I want to play on a populated server that isn't feenix.

one will be more succesful than the other, but it needs to be bigger than feenix to really change the vanilla scene.

i predict nos will have many bugs, but some will be fixed very quickly, giving people hope that it will all be ok in the end.

it was the same story with vengeance, people were all excited about fast fixes and nice community. It's growing, people joining every day!

Buts devs can't keep being on the project 24/7, week after week their commitment drops. The hype reduces. Now vengeance is rarely over 30 players anymore.

Same with Emerald dream fixed stuff quickly too at first, but when you get to 60 the fixing stops and you already committed all the playtime.

So from my experience I prefer a somewhat finished product.

Last edited:
Until both servers are out, nobody (I repeat NOBODY) can tell which will be the more finished one.

Mods should delete threads like this. Shills just trying to get publicity for the n-word.

this talk about <whatever>' "ultimate anti cheat" that makes it impossible to WEP or bot (lol) makes it look really bad imo

This system theorically prevents ALL existing cheats systems known (including bot farming). For information, this kind of protection is used by Blizzard.

I'm a bit weirded out on the forum. The last month or so i see so many posts about "character auction"-critics (this seems to be the ultimate anti Kronos "propaganda"?) and Nos server....Whilst before it was mostly people who were just talking about the project here. If you want to play on another realm, by all means go do it, but take your boredom in waiting for release not to this forum. I don't want to play on Nos, so i'm not on their forum, simple. I just want to talk about Kronos again, instead of this whiny competition "this is better than that" crap :l

Yes both projects may be good but we all want o play on the best there is.
And if someone tells me that the other one is better based just on some videos posted , i must admit i have a problem with that. Why i say that?
On a recent video from nost they showed they autotest 16 debuff limit. They had like 20 warlocks ( or more) cast immolate in the same time. And we see a big OK- test passed. But i and many others know this is not how the real 16 debuff limit should be tested. This mechanic is not about showing on your target's nameplate only 16 debuff. There is more. The debuffs have a priority system. Some spells will overwrite others. And this is working as intended on Kronos, since K2 beta-phase.
All i am saying is that i tend to look at those basic mechanics more then other aspects. Basic mechanics that Kronos excels at. Mechanics that don't work on any other server on earth, yet.
So if you want my attention with a video that has zero relevance for me and many others (that understand the reality of correct game mechanics) , well i must say pass.
On the other hand there are some things i saw on nost and i want that on Kronos. That pet vs boats is nice, i hope they will fix it here too.
My point is that Nost is selling more lies to me and Kronos has most of the fixes i want.
You can call me a fanboy, i am , but because Kronos 2 convinced me to be, even from their beta-test.

I'm a bit weirded out on the forum. The last month or so i see so many posts about "character auction"-critics (this seems to be the ultimate anti Kronos "propaganda"?) and Nos server....Whilst before it was mostly people who were just talking about the project here. If you want to play on another realm, by all means go do it, but take your boredom in waiting for release not to this forum. I don't want to play on Nos, so i'm not on their forum, simple. I just want to talk about Kronos again, instead of this whiny competition "this is better than that" crap :l

*nod*

IMO the mods need to clean house and not let the shills from N-word keep piggybacking off of Kronos forums.

There is a difference between a normal conversation and bringing up other servers, which is fine, but some people are just being malicious. By banning/removing posts, they will just go "look gm's on Kronos censor people". You can't win man. I just hope people grow the fuck up.

There is a difference between a normal conversation and bringing up other servers, which is fine, but some people are just being malicious. By banning/removing posts, they will just go "look gm's on Kronos censor people". You can't win man. I just hope people grow the fuck up.

When a user that just joined today, and his first topic is about another server... yeah, color me suspicious :tongue:

The last month or so i see so many posts about "character auction"-critics (this seems to be the ultimate anti Kronos "propaganda"?) and Nos server....Whilst before it was mostly people who were just talking about the project here.

Aye, can't agree more. Whenever I hear someone saying Kronos is P2W, that person just lost any possible form or shape of credibility to me. And the forums used to be filled with discussions about Vanilla in general, or what they're hoping to see or going to do on Kronos, now it's Nostalrius people baiting, and people here responding. I don't go and post on the Nost forums even if when I read their Kronos VS Nost thread some misinformation posts reaaally made me want to respond to them with coherent argumentation. It wasn't worth my time, it's not like they would have actually listened to reason. Honestly, if you're not going to play here, don't post here. Or at least stick all that discussion in one single f**** thread.

And I'm not saying their server will suck : people here who say they're bugged to the bone are surely exagerating in my opinion. But whenever I hear things like ''Kronos is P2W'' or ''Kronos is full of czechs'' or ''Kronos is cattering to casuals'', I just facepalm. Propaganda at its finest.

1. you-know-what fanboys come here posting aggressively
2. you can't find threads about kronos on their forums, moreover, you can't find threads about anything detailing the quality of their server - lol?
3. these fanboys always try to poke holes but they're the ones with instant 60 characters being restored in the live server
4. you have an admin posting announcements about ultimate anti cheat that prevents bots and all hacks known to man

you niggers look really bad, please be ashamed and realize nobody is buying what you're selling

Last edited:
1. you-know-what fanboys come here posting aggressively
2. you can't find threads about kronos on their forums, moreover, you can't find threads about anything detailing the quality of their server - lol?
3. these fanboys always try to poke holes but they're the ones with instant 60 characters being restored in the live server
4. you have an admin posting announcements about ultimate anti cheat that prevents bots and all hacks known to man

you ***** look really bad, please be ashamed and realize nobody is buying what you're selling

And you make the Kronos community look even worse (asterisks out what will either be modded or banned)

And you make the Kronos community look even worse (asterisks out what will either be modded or banned)

i really don't because i'm not the one shilling like a clown xDDD

anyway my 1-4 post basically is just saying, no, both projects are not good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom