• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

CastModifier - TBC and above like Conditionals for /cast macros

Hamtaro

Hi,

I would like to introduce you to my AddOn 'CastModifier', which allows you to use Conditionals inside your /cast macros. This allows you to write some fairly advanced macros in a very compact manner, without the need to learn Lua! Here are some examples I've quickly thrown together in order to make a short video:

[video=youtube;0w5nePeJlPU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w5nePeJlPU[/video]

[video=youtube;xHTe4Df77MY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHTe4Df77MY[/video]

Since I'm using ClassicMouseover for the mouseover casting bit, this is fully compatible with most mainstream Unit Frames which allows for an almost unlimited amount of possibilities!

A list of every available Conditional, including its parameters, extra remarks, and a how-to-install tutorial can be found on the AddOn's Github page.

Github Page

While I've been using this AddOn for almost a year now, it might still be somewhat buggy since I'm pretty much the only person that has used it so far. Therefore I'd greatly appreciate any feedback from you guys. Also, I would be very grateful for any ideas for additional features that may improve this AddOn even further!

Cheers,
Hamtaro

Last edited:
This looks great! Also, macro space is so limited, maybe for @mouseover @player @target you would make some aliases like @mo @p @t ?

Also [combat] [stealth] modifiers would be super!

Thank you for your feedback!

I've already trimmed down the targeting bit by a pretty fair margin! You had to do it this way just a day ago: [target=mouseover] :blushing: But sure, I'll put it on my todo-list!

Regarding [combat]: I'll implement this one in the next few days, for sure!
Regarding [stealth]: This is technically already possible with [stance:1]! :smile: However, I think I can add this short-hand since the current way isn't really all that obvious.

Cheers!

Quick little update! I've added both [no]stealth and [no]combat! The 'no' part is optional (hence in []) and may be used to invert the condition!

Turns out [stealth] was needed after all, since Prowl and Shadowmeld aren't covered by [stance:0]. So thank you very much for that suggestion, meeoty!

Yeah, was going to say that prowl is not a stance, but you got there first :smile:

Quick little update. I've added the new Conditional 'equipped:weapon' where weapon stands for one of the following:

• Daggers - Looks for a dagger in your mainhand
  • Fists - Looks for a fist weapon in your mainhand
  • Axes - Looks for an axe in your mainhand
  • Swords - Looks for a sword in your mainhand
  • Staffs - Looks for a staff in your mainhand
  • Maces - Looks for a mace in your mainhand
  • Polearms - Looks for a polearm in your mainhand
  • Shields - Looks for a shield in your offhand
  • Guns - Looks for a gun in your ranged slot
  • Crossbows - Looks for a crossbow in your ranged slot
  • Bows - Looks for a cow in your ranged slot
  • Thrown - Looks for a thrown weapon in your ranged slot
  • Wands - Looks for a wand in your ranged slot

This allows you to do things like this:
Code:
/cast [equipped:Bows] Shoot Bow; [equipped:Crossbows] Shoot Crossbow; [equipped:Guns] Shoot Gun; [equipped:Thrown] Throw

This macro will use your ranged shoot ability depending on what ranged weapon you currently have equipped. It essentially emulates the 'Shoot' ability that came with TBC, so you no longer have to fiddle with all the different Shoot X spells!

Another update, this time a big one!

I've added a few new conditionals:

• party - only fires when your target is in your party
  • raid - only fires when your target is in your raid
  • group:party/raid - only fires when you are in a party or raid

And the exciting thing:

[video=youtube;0w5nePeJlPU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w5nePeJlPU[/video]

You're now able to put exclamation marks in front of your spell names to ensure that channelled spells aren't interrupted before they're done casting! This allows you, for example, to make a macro like this:
Code:
/cast !Mind Flay
You can now spam that button and you'll never clip your Mind Flay again!

Enjoy!

Can you do that one conditional from TBC which checked if I'm using left or right mouse button to click the macro?

Hey Hamtaro, first of all thanks a bunch for the sweet addon and your work.

I was pretty excited to try some of these new commands out, however it seems that it's conflicting with my current macros.

I've been using Start Attack macros like:

/script for AtkSlot = 1,72 do if IsAttackAction(AtkSlot) and not IsCurrentAction(AtkSlot) then UseAction(AtkSlot); end; end;

/cast claw

On most of my abilities. I was planning on replacing these with your more elegant /cast !Attack. However, this seems to get stuck on the start attack part, and no ability seems to go off after it like:

/cast !Attack
/cast claw

Now I'm not sure if this is intended, as just a general 'here's something to toggle your auto attack with' or if this is something that's not working for me.

Even worse, after looking around for a while and uninstalling and reinstalling a bit it seems that installing this causes the exact same problem for my old Start Attack macros. AKA, I can't replace my old macros with the new ones, and my old ones stop working because of the same issue. After disabling this addon it all goes back to normal and works fine.

So in conclusion, am I doing something wrong, or am I forced to stick with my old macros. Bummer, since I'd love to use some of these.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance.

Top Bottom