• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[AQ] AhnQiraj Changes made to AQ40 (1st March 2017)

Bazzil

Ahn'Qiraj Temple - Changelog 1st of March 2017
These changes have been applied

C'Thun
- Giant Eye Tentacle will no longer have a chance to cast on players as they are entering the Stomach.
- Giant Eye Tentacle will now spawn on a random location rather than always on top of a player.
- Leaving the Stomach of C'Thun now knocks the player away in a random direction rather than always the same.
- Dark Glare should no longer occasionally fail to cast after a wipe.

yea this is becoming too much of customization fuckfest, seriously straying away from your original mantra of "blizzlike experience".

3 out of the 4 announced changes are fixes for long-term, legitimately identified bugs, which I am certain we all welcome, so thanks are in order and this particular change-log cannot be labelled a "customization fuckfest".

That said, I went to check the Bug Report that established that Giant Eye Tentacles ought not spawn on top of players, after watching Fei's recording which shows the opposite.
Yet, there we run into the Internal Report wall. This may take up a bit more of your time, but, once you internally reach an agreement on such an issue, it would perhaps be good if you would copy-paste the salient parts of your Bug Report for public consumption, listing the sources that helped you reach your conclusion. Your players should be allowed to understand these decisions in less clear-cut cases (i.e. an internal Bug Report for fixing Giant Eye Tentacles casting into the stomach would obviously never have to be defended). There is always the option for one of us to create a counter-Bug Report, of course, but that would have you explaining your position anyway.

The change was made to deliberately make it -more- blizzlike. We haven't considered the stackup strategy a "common" strategy at all, given that none of the videos in the spoiler have made use of it. It also haven't been mentioned in any strategy guide for the encounter. As such, we've considered the stackup strategy an issue that we needed to deal with.

Regardless, the aim is obviously to make the content blizzlike, so given our new insight the mechanic will be reverted back to its previous state (giant eye tentacle always on-top of a player) on the next update.

I think you guys should stop using the term "blizzlike" when referring to this server. We all know it's not that, on Blizzard servers I can get double Grow buff from the witch doctor in Sen'jin, I cannot on this server. For shame

Top Bottom