• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[AQ] AhnQiraj Changes made to AQ40 (7th jan 2017)

Bazzil

Update on Ahn'Qiraj Temple
These changes are already live

- Obsidian Nullifiers are now able to detect invisible players.
- Sheen of Zanza will no longer reflect an endless amount of poison bolts during the Huhuran encounter.

We wish we could include more aq changes, but we are primarily focused on getting naxx fully ready for the public test coming soon. We encourage you all to report any issues (in aq40 or anywhere else) in the bug tracker, preferably with video aswell if you happen to record your raids.
A thorough run-through of AQ will be done over the next 6 weeks.

btw viscidus animation when getting frozen doesnt work also cthun darkglare animation is fuked

they only can see invisible players, not stealthed. you still can sneak druid/rogues in and the warlock can this: fireprot pot, soulstone, invul pot to go as far as possible, soulstone for another few yards => release => battleres.

:)

I can't post this in the bug tracker since I don't have privilages or something.

Twin Emps: after teleport, there is supposed to be a brief pause (maybe 2 seconds) before the Emperors start attacking again. At the moment they don't pause at all and immediately start attacking after teleport. The pause is so the tank can more easily pick up the target without it running off.

The deliberate pause can be seen many times in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVuPmDuGXpI

Update on Ahn'Qiraj Temple
These changes will go live on next server update

Aggro-range on the following monsters have been increased
- Qiraji Champion
- Qiraji Slayer
- Qiraji Mindslayer
- Anubisath Warder

I like fixing the Trashskipexploit, was surely not Blizzlike since back then Ouro openedthe Portal to S'thun, not him being pulled :)

But while you are at it, could you pls fix Cthun as well? Sounds easy, but you had a Version that was good for like 4 months now? Revert to that one?

Forcing people to do trash nobody wants to clear instead of fixing the top boss in the content right now when many guilds are struggling to keep people interested in raiding.

Good call.

I didn't want to bash their work, but yeah, that's pretty much how I felt when I read this announcement. Messed up priorities. Completely.

But thanks for making it more blizzlike... I guess...

I didn't want to bash their work, but yeah, that's pretty much how I felt when I read this announcement. Messed up priorities. Completely.

But thanks for making it more blizzlike... I guess...
I'm ok with this fix. That trash is a nightmare, but that's the price you have to pay I suppose to get to C'thun. This doesn't mean it won't be skippable. Probably just have to come up with a new way to get past.

>Demands Blizzlike experience
>Complains when trash is made Blizzlike

Boss bugs should obviously be #1 priority and idk why they'd fix trash first. But if you don't wanna do trash, you're playing the wrong version of the game.

Can you confirm the trash was not able to be skipped in vanilla? I don't know whether it was or not but you claim to be right.

Can you confirm the trash was not able to be skipped in vanilla? I don't know whether it was or not but you claim to be right.

I second that. Even if I never tried it on retail with my guild since we didn't have such ideas back then, I wouldn't mind to see evidence about the aggro range back then. Probably someone can go on retail with a 60 char and see how it is today?

A thorough run-through of AQ will be done over the next 6 weeks.

One of the most relevant changes you would be able implement before K2's AQ40 progress week is making sure players pulled within C'Thun stomach no longer link the Beam. Control will prevent the issue anyway, yet these are their first kills so etc. Don't allow what is now an almost perfectly scripted AQ40 experience be marred by this.

Top Bottom