• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Changes to Loot-Settings

Bazzil

Greetings

We have implemented the following changes to the Loot-Settings.
The changes below are already live on Kronos and Kronos II as of September 26 (monday), and we're looking for your Feedback (not a discussion about whether the changes are good or bad, but whether the described mechanics are working as we designed them to).
You can share your feedback here:
Group Loot and Quest-items
Glow on Corpses

Here is a recap of the changes:

Previously: Sometimes corpses would "glow" even if they had no loot, or if the player was unable to loot.
Now: Corpses will only glow to players who are able to loot items off the corpse.

Group Loot

Previously:
Each pull a new player in the group would be able to loot all of the monsters in that pull. Pulling 6 mobs in one pack, and then 2 in the next would lead to an unequal share of items.
Now: Each monster can be looted by a different player regardless of the size of the packs.

Previously: Quest-items did not appear to players on a quest unless it was his turn to loot.
Now: Quest-items are reserved for the player whose turn it is to loot. However:
- if that players is not on the quest, or
- if he already have the amount of (for example harpy feathers) that he needs, or
- if he opens the loot-window and closes it without looting the quest-item, then:
The quest-item automatically becomes Free-for-All so that others can loot it.

Note: Some quest items (such as the head of a boss) are always free for all and can be looted by everyone in the group who is on the quest (nothing changed here).

Master Loot

Previously: All players in the raid is able to see the loot, but only the Master Looter can distribute it.
Now: Items above the loot-treshold will only be visible to the Master Looter himself, and only the Master Looter can distribute items. He will have to announce the dropped items to the raid before they can see it.

Note: You can still see the dropped items with the Latest-Boss-Kills feature.

Regarding the Master Loot change, we recognize that some of you might prefer the transparent function. But aside of the new setting being the blizzlike way (and therefore an aim for Kronos), we also hope that the change will introduce a new layer of excitement to raiding, not to mention nostalgia to those who know "how it used to be"

Master Loot

Previously: All players in the raid is able to see the loot, but only the Master Looter can distribute it.
Now: Items above the loot-treshold will only be visible to the Master Looter himself, and only the Master Looter can distribute items. He will have to announce the dropped items to the raid before they can see it.

Sweet! Now people can ninja loot items without ever being caught! Good job :yes:

Why is that? You will still get a loot messege when someone recives loot wont you?
Sure, but try imagine this:
You create a group for a dungeon/raid and set master loot on through the whole dungeon. You kill a boss and this epic item that you need so much dropped. Now what you can do is linking every other item but the epic that you need (because with this new "feature" no one knows its there). Then after you completed the dungeon and the people left, you run back to that boss and loot the item without anyone having a clue.

@Kronos Devs, stop making these stupid and useless changes just because its blizz-like. This doesnt bring any "new layer of excitement to raiding", it just make things more complicated and annoying, even for you.

Very nice and necessary changes! But how is it if you want to look into a boss to see what he dropped? You can't see the epics any more? That's strange to me, because people wait until everyone is out of range of the boss take the item (if you're out of range you don't see who got the stuff).

It would be nice if you could see at least boss loot and epics.

Last edited:
Sure, but try imagine this:
You create a group for a dungeon/raid and set master loot on through the whole dungeon. You kill a boss and this epic item that you need so much dropped. Now what you can do is linking every other item but the epic that you need (because with this new "feature" no one knows its there). Then after you completed the dungeon and the people left, you run back to that boss and loot the item without anyone having a clue.

@Kronos Devs, stop making these stupid and useless changes just because its blizz-like. This doesnt bring any "new layer of excitement to raiding", it just make things more complicated and annoying, even for you.
Mob will still be sparkling if an item is left inside. Pretty easy to see.

Pretty sure everyone could see the loot with master looter active in retail vanilla... Would be very surprised if I was mistaken on this.

it slows down raids, and this week was tense and tiresome if you wanted a full clear...
How so? Should speed things up with everyone not being able to immediately run to the corpse and sit gawping at the loot instead of continuing with the instance.

Is this change the thing that broke looting? I took a break from Kronos for a while and came back this week, and suddenly I've found that many of the mobs I kill do not have sparkles and cannot be looted. This problem happens when I am in group and also when I'm not. It happens a LOT. If you guys made major changes to the loot system I think it's pretty likely that this issue arose from those changes. Please look into this...

Is this change the thing that broke looting? I took a break from Kronos for a while and came back this week, and suddenly I've found that many of the mobs I kill do not have sparkles and cannot be looted. This problem happens when I am in group and also when I'm not. It happens a LOT. If you guys made major changes to the loot system I think it's pretty likely that this issue arose from those changes. Please look into this...

I'm experiencing the same thing!

I've seen this as well just solo questing. It's not all the time, just once in a while. I kill a mob, something say that can be skinned, but I can't skin it as if it needs to be looted first, but I can't click to loot as if it has no loot.

I've seen this as well just solo questing. It's not all the time, just once in a while. I kill a mob, something say that can be skinned, but I can't skin it as if it needs to be looted first, but I can't click to loot as if it has no loot.

I did a trib run the other day and there was nothing on boss or in the tribute chest... it broke my heart

had similar issue with outdoor chest in party. was able to loot chest after leaving party

Sadly i wasnt in a party. All chests where the same. I relogged and still couldnt loot. Just ran it again and could next time.

Top Bottom