• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Characters from K1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitsworth

Will I be able to transfer my character from K1 if it is below lvl 60?

Or can I transfer lvl 60 provided I am willing to give up all my endgame gear?

I'm about lvl 35 now and I'd love to move my char onto a fresh server. I joined Kronos about 2 weeks ago (slow lvling, I know) and I figured "well, it's at the end of progression but what else choice is there?". Now there is K3 and I don't want to have to lvl my character again. It's kind of frustrating to be lvling this character now, knowing I'll just abandon it once K3 is up and lose everything. Not that I'm complaining, I'd like to state here and now I love Kronos project and think the devs do a splendid job.

If no definitive answers, I suppose we can discuss: do you think this is an OK idea? Pros/cons etc.

Last edited:
I'm about lvl 35 now and I'd love to move my char onto a fresh server.
Well, it won't be fresh then.

But I'd say it's a great idea to allow naked (or "reasonably naked") transfers after e.g. month after K3 opening. Sure, it'll drain K1 faster, but since we're following "it'll die anyway" paradigm
You mean the large volume of new players that look to join fully progressed servers that have no more content to release? I get your point but the bottom line is that population growth from this point out is going to be minimal at best. I'm not dismaying anyone from rolling here, I'd welcome it. But facts are facts.
transfer sounds like something that would please more players than it would disappoint.

My alt is 54 right now, without a big passion to raidlog, and I would be really glad to transfer to a populated server for dungeon runs and PvP. But please let us know.

I joined Kronos about 2 weeks ago (slow lvling, I know)
Not slow really :)

Kronos 3 will be a stand alone fresh server, no transfers. Hope that answers your question :)

Kronos 3 will be a stand alone fresh server, no transfers. Hope that answers your question :)
Shame (but thanks for the quick response at least, communication has improved a lot). Why?

@OP: I'm afraid you'll have to consider trading a char via Twinstar service (@Davros: will it be available, or only sell-for-starts-buy-for-starts?).

Shame (but thanks for the quick response at least, communication has improved a lot). Why?

Not sure if your question is about why there are no transfers or why the communication improvement? I'll answer both either way.
Transfers: As a fresh server, bringing in characters from another "server" does defeat the purpose of a fresh start. Even if the characters are sub 60, it's still a head start compared to many of the others who are just starting out. The end goal will be that eventually once K3 is complete content wise (months after all content is released) K3 and Kronos will be merged together and TBC should begin.

Communication: From the time I first started on the team years ago, I wanted to improve communication. Communication used to be completely horrendous, but with pressure from myself and others it slowly improved over time (but not enough for my taste). As an example. When the warlock summoning change was implemented, I was very steadfast that it should be told to players but my suggestion was not followed through upon and it caused a stir with many players. But the more time I put in, the more I have been able to slowly help better our communication. Many months ago I was promoted to head gm, which means I have a lot more say (and power) to improve things on the project. Communication is my top goal because lets face it, poor communication is always a ticking time bomb. Having Hammerlock on board with the team greatly helps improve our communication. Nothing's perfect by any means, but one of the commitments I make as a member of this team is to better all of us as best I can.

Of course I asked about transfer, why would I question communication :) Thank you for all the efforts you put into it, I find it really important too.
Transfers: As a fresh server, bringing in characters from another "server" does defeat the purpose of a fresh start. Even if the characters are sub 60, it's still a head start compared to many of the others who are just starting out. The end goal will be that eventually once K3 is complete content wise (months after all content is released) K3 and Kronos will be merged together and TBC should begin.
Yes, of course, it would be very awkward to give such a head start in the beginning of K3. But could the following suggestion be considered for implementation?
I'd say it's a great idea to allow naked (or "reasonably naked") transfers after e.g. month after K3 opening.
Or maybe two months... Otherwise, you're likely to see complaints from those "stuck on a dead server". On the other hand, I doubt anyone on K3 would object an influx of players.

I kind of understand if you can't give a definite answer now, we all need to see how K1/K3 goes.

I'll bring up the idea at one of our future admin meetings. No promises, but I will at least toss it out there for discussion.

Hey guys, thanks for replies. At this time is there a date for K3? I'm still relatively new to the private server world and I can't figure if this is happening 2017 (soon) or 2018 (later). I'd like to get an idea of the time frame I have on my K1 character before I start over on K3. Would also be good to know so I can start thinking about what I want to roll next time.

Thanks!

they said end Q1 or early Q2 2018 in their announcement.

and yeah i actually do like the idea of giving <60 chars a transfer from k1 to k3 after the server's been open for. some months. As long as there are some conditions maybe (gold limit, empty bags aside from mount, professions reset)

There are actually quite a lot of people levelling on kronos right now, but decreased activity is an inevitability with naxx out. Allowing a transfer like that would give those people some prospect instead of being stuck on a dead server and being forced to start from scratch.

Unfortunately, it does open up for k1 players to get an advantage i guess, even with under strict conditions, having 2-3 near lvl 60 chars 3 months in the server is pretty handy, especially if the same rules regarding multiboxing will apply. Not to mention the lvl 45 warlock armies...

I still like the idea though, but it should definitely be handled with care if you do do it.

I think it's an interesting idea but it really has too many hurdles to clear to make it viable. The intent with K3 is to be a fresh server. Allowing character transfers from another server, regardless of level, kind of kills that.

Although I'm very busy in my life and it takes me longer to lvl, this thread has convinced me that transfers are a bad idea. If anything, a completely fresh server will make for a very interesting and different experience. No Max lvls! Nobody to buy my herbs for insane profits :eek:

Guess I'll start thinking about my new char!

I think it's an interesting idea but it really has too many hurdles to clear to make it viable. The intent with K3 is to be a fresh server. Allowing character transfers from another server, regardless of level, kind of kills that.
Although I'm very busy in my life and it takes me longer to lvl, this thread has convinced me that transfers are a bad idea. If anything, a completely fresh server will make for a very interesting and different experience. No Max lvls! Nobody to buy my herbs for insane profits :eek:
Ehh, lost OP's support :D

Just to clarify once again: I am not asking for transfers to fresh K3. What we're asking for is to consider a possibility of K1->K3 transfers once K3 is no longer fresh. Once K3 has a bunch of its own 60s, why not let some other naked guys in?

The reason because there might be quite a demand is simple: after Blizz announcement, K1 got an influx of new players. Those of them who stay are very likely to prefer K3 over K1 in a few months, when they face issues with dungeon groups and PvP. Same applies for some of the veteran's alts.

It would please many people without really hurting anyone.

The whole announcement and coming forum discussions are old news: K1 drained by K2, then K1 merged with K2 (i.e., K1+2), now K3 will be launched parallel to a still recovering K1+2, which marks the beginning of yet another loop through the same cycle. It seems that this rinse and repeat process is the business model the staff favors. Are the old posts from the K1 and K2 month long drama still available in the new forum? TL;DR: R.I.P. K1+2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom