• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Choosing a class - debating between Warrior, Warlock, and Hunter.

KronoEnigma

Right, so I'm not exactly new to a private server, but I do not have the best knowledge when it comes to Vanilla era WoW Classes.

I have heard that Warriors are primarily tanks and they tend to be very costly to play as, but I don't know much about damage dealing warriors and I was originally considering rolling a Night Elf Warrior to relive my nostalgia when I first played the game (and then quit for real life reasons until Wrath). I've also heard they tend to be rather hard to solo due to a lack of self-healing or something.

Warlock and Hunter according to some sites are the best for soloing (for leveling or dungeons? elaboration is needed), but I don't have any real familiarity with the Vanilla incarnation, since the only time I ever attempted the latter was in Cataclysm, and I don't have any idea how a warlock works.

So with that said, what should I go with? I'm not picky about going into raids or anything (not much time in real life for that nowadays), I just want to play something that is relatively self-sufficient.

For (Cost) tanks are expensive because guilds will expect you to be full or close to full consumable, which the list is long for a warrior, bigger for a tank that wants good threat per second. Also repairs were not normalized in Vanilla. Plate gear is EXPENSIVE to repair and fully broken in Best in Slot gear gets close to 20g just with BWL gear. Fury DPS, roll Human for +5skill to mace/swords. This helps your DPS be A LOT, and get another weapon in BWL with +4swords. If you go Night Elf for DPS, fork out a ton of money for +7 skill gauntlets and go axes. Or be a fury warrior with daggers.

Hunters have the least amount of raid consumables, though are lower DPS in Vanilla. They are your pure utility class with Tranq shot on certain bosses, the ability to Feigh Death and Burst DPS on bosses that have an aggro cap due to knockbacks and immune to taunts.

Warlocks are typically the most sought after, especially on alliance due to sheer lack of them. Many don't roll warlock on alli because undead horde can WotF (racial) and break your fear. If you PVE this is your sure-fire class to roll for instant main raid spot.

The "Solo-ability" people refer to is to farm certain areas. Warlocks can farm elites for the eye needed for priest epic staff. Hunters can solo Dire Maul North Tribute runs for potions and blues to vendor/DE.

This is all you need to make your choice.

Basically what @Cpstabber said.Edgemasters dont even work at probably wont work for 1year so its either gnome warr for escape artist or human warr.

For money making=Best is Mage--->Hunter-->Lock-->Warrior/Rogue-->Rest
For pvp it depends on what u want to play.U have a variety of choices so i cant help u on that since lock=caster,warrior=melee and hunter=ranged so I dont know what your preference is.
End game warrior pvp is beast followed by hunter and then lock.(Generally)

In the end you should play what you like most. There are many fury warriors (dps), so with tank warri>lock>hunter you will find a raid spot easier.

Yeah what is odd we struggle to find Fury warriors. On Nost we liked running 6-7 fury warriors cause of the damage and high armor and can tank if needed on certain pulls. Only got 2-3 here. Nuts.

If you want instant access to all dungeons at all times then go Warrior and tank. It is also very rewarding in terms of loot and pure fun. Fury is also very fun but you will have a very hard time finding groups that will accept you.

Yeah what is odd we struggle to find Fury warriors. On Nost we liked running 6-7 fury warriors cause of the damage and high armor and can tank if needed on certain pulls. Only got 2-3 here. Nuts.
We ran into the same issue but on Nost. On feenix we'd have a total of 11 warriors for BWL and AQ40 out of which 8-9 were fury and 2-3 prot, while on Nost we'd have 2-3 furies and 4 prot.

Top Bottom